Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/20/24 01:28
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, Ayumi), 877 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Game approval when released for sale? #83987
08/01/06 02:35
08/01/06 02:35
Minot, North Dakota, USA
ulillillia Offline OP
Senior Expert
ulillillia  Offline OP
Senior Expert

Minot, North Dakota, USA
Does a game have to approved by Conitec before it gets released for sale? Since I have the commercial edition, the logo is required, of which I have, but does the legal part of it have to be approved by Conitec first before it is released for sale?

"You level up the fastest and easiest if you do things at your own level and no higher or lower" - useful tip My 2D game - release on Jun 13th; My tutorials
Re: Game approval when released for sale? [Re: ulillillia] #83988
08/01/06 19:10
08/01/06 19:10
Bay Area
Doug Offline
Senior Expert
Doug  Offline
Senior Expert

Bay Area
Congratulations on finishing your project!

Quote:

...you are required to display the engine logo for one second at game start. It also violates the license conditions if you use 3D GameStudio for games that intentionally propagate genocide against a certain group, nation, race or religion existing in today's real world.

So as long as you are not doing something that may propagate genocide, you don't need Conitec's approval. Go ahead and release it for sale.

Conitec's Free Resources:
User Magazine || Docs and Tutorials || WIKI
Re: Game approval when released for sale? [Re: Doug] #83989
08/01/06 20:34
08/01/06 20:34
Minot, North Dakota, USA
ulillillia Offline OP
Senior Expert
ulillillia  Offline OP
Senior Expert

Minot, North Dakota, USA
Quote:

Congratulations on finishing your project!

It's not officially done yet. I have yet to make final changes to the more-details document, and final changes to the manual and then it's done.

Quote:

Quote:

...you are required to display the engine logo for one second at game start. It also violates the license conditions if you use 3D GameStudio for games that intentionally propagate genocide against a certain group, nation, race or religion existing in today's real world.

So as long as you are not doing something that may propagate genocide, you don't need Conitec's approval. Go ahead and release it for sale.

You've almost certainly seen my game. There's no hint of adult content or violence. I just thought that approval was required as for displaying the logos. The free edition has 4 seconds for each of two logos, the Gamestudio logo first then my logo. The full edition has just 2 seconds of each, in the same order. It includes fading effects, but is left at full opacity for 1 1/4 seconds (2 3/4 seconds in the free edition). Oh well. Thanks though.

"You level up the fastest and easiest if you do things at your own level and no higher or lower" - useful tip My 2D game - release on Jun 13th; My tutorials

Moderated by  old_bill, Tobias 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de