by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Ayumi, Power_P), 1,065 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
evolveGame - www.evolvegame.com #84537
08/04/06 13:40
08/04/06 13:40
E
evolveGame Offline OP
evolveGame  Offline OP
E

Hello,

I'm not here to make a big case for the game or praise it, I'm just showcasing evolve, which is being developed on the Acknex 6 engine. The website will explain the rest. The product has been pitched to several investors so hopefully there will be some more financial backing coming in. Feel free to register for the forums, jobs will begin to be offered soon.

Regards,
evolveGame team

Please note: In consideration of ethics and morality, the website is not availiable to those aged under 17 as an ESRB rating of mature is expected, and therefore we don't feel we should market to those who cannot purchase the game.

http://www.evolvegame.com

Re: evolveGame - www.evolvegame.com [Re: evolveGame] #84538
08/04/06 13:44
08/04/06 13:44
germany
E
Endgegner Offline
Serious User
Endgegner  Offline
Serious User
E

germany
seeming very professional so far! i'm looking forward to see some screenshots soon, hopefully as professional as your website

Re: evolveGame - www.evolvegame.com [Re: Endgegner] #84539
08/04/06 14:11
08/04/06 14:11
Damocles Offline
Expert
Damocles  Offline
Expert

So you say, it is about creating / evolvin a creature?

How is the gameplay?
is it similar to something like FramSticks, where you can evolve creatures given
enviormental properties,
or how doe it work?

Using evolution is pretty cool in a game,
also for educational purposes.

looking forward to see this...

Re: evolveGame - www.evolvegame.com [Re: Damocles] #84540
08/04/06 14:51
08/04/06 14:51
Germany: Hamburg
Gurke Offline
Developer
Gurke  Offline
Developer

Germany: Hamburg
Gaaah... I`m 18 and I entered my correct date of birth... now he says that I have to be older than 17 to enter *dammit* ^^.... maybe I mistyped something ?!?
Oh.. but your Logo looks good^^!
The stuff I read here (creating a creature and so on) sounds nice! It reminds me of this Spore game... that will be sooo cool !
~Gurke

http:\\www.cybergurke.de.vu letztes Update: 02.08.2006 ---------------------------- Aktuelle Projekte: -P.I. Storys
Re: evolveGame - www.evolvegame.com [Re: Gurke] #84541
08/04/06 15:02
08/04/06 15:02
Jesusland
Towelie Offline
Serious User
Towelie  Offline
Serious User

Jesusland
Site looks very professional, though the background sound loops a lot. That frog croak has gone like 15 times in a minute and I'm starting to get a headache

Anyways, looks like a nice site. The forums look nice but are kind of empty.

The only thing I'd suggest changing is that, under "What is Evolve" you explain a lot of what should be explained in the game, or i nthe manual, and not really on the website. Just my thoughts on the subject... looks very nice alltogether. I'll be keeping my eye on that site for some screenshots.

EDIT: Oh, and on your Announcment thread, you spelled prejudice wrong.

Last edited by Towelie; 08/04/06 15:02.

Jimmy died, today, he blew his brains out into the bay, in the state of mind, its my own private suicide. A stitch in time saves nine... what the hell does that mean?!?
Re: evolveGame - www.evolvegame.com [Re: Towelie] #84542
08/05/06 11:13
08/05/06 11:13
G
Grafton Offline
User
Grafton  Offline
User
G

What is the motive to evolve? Just to see what you can make?

I think you could add significant value to your game if you had to evolve to
survive!
Perhaps your quarry is evolving also and you may become its prey
if you dont evolve quickly enough or in the right directions to counter its/
their evolution? That would be exciting!

Or perhaps you could pit your evolved creatures powers against other creatures
in some kind of combat? Each round the foe would be more evolved, and between
rounds, you could have the opportunity to evolve some also!

Not two, not one.
Re: evolveGame - www.evolvegame.com [Re: Grafton] #84543
08/05/06 20:37
08/05/06 20:37
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Somehow I don't really get why this game is supposed to be mature .... anyways, the site looks pretty good, but since there are no screenshots yet, it might be more correct to post this at morbius, however I'm curious about this project, so keep us posted!!

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: evolveGame - www.evolvegame.com [Re: PHeMoX] #84544
08/05/06 23:01
08/05/06 23:01
E
evolveGame Offline OP
evolveGame  Offline OP
E

Quote:

seeming very professional so far! i'm looking forward to see some screenshots soon, hopefully as professional as your website

Thank you, and it will be if all goes to plan.

Quote:

So you say, it is about creating / evolvin a creature?

How is the gameplay?
is it similar to something like FramSticks, where you can evolve creatures given
enviormental properties,
or how doe it work?

Using evolution is pretty cool in a game,
also for educational purposes.

Keeping to the engine and target audience computer restrictions, evolutions are pretty basic. You can evolve into new species (a straight jump, no transitory stage etc.) by saving up points. So I wouldn't call the game educational in that sense.

The gameplay is RPG style, where you control your character through the world increasing its ability to survive and function. However, you have choices in what you involve into, and some creatures will suit some enviroments better than others. For instance, some creatures will be better suited to herbivore feeding, and therefore are more suited to a well foliaged but sparsely populated area. Whereas a carnivore might thrive in an over-populated area.

Quote:

Gaaah... I`m 18 and I entered my correct date of birth... now he says that I have to be older than 17 to enter *dammit* ^^.... maybe I mistyped something ?!?
Oh.. but your Logo looks good^^!
The stuff I read here (creating a creature and so on) sounds nice! It reminds me of this Spore game... that will be sooo cool !
~Gurke

Thanks Gurke, you must have entered your date wrong I ran through the code again and it definately cuts off at 17. Try clearing your cookies and giving it another go. It is not quite like the upcoming Spore game... everyone starts at one creature and from there you can go which ever way you want.

Quote:

Site looks very professional, though the background sound loops a lot. That frog croak has gone like 15 times in a minute and I'm starting to get a headache

Anyways, looks like a nice site. The forums look nice but are kind of empty.

The only thing I'd suggest changing is that, under "What is Evolve" you explain a lot of what should be explained in the game, or i nthe manual, and not really on the website. Just my thoughts on the subject... looks very nice alltogether. I'll be keeping my eye on that site for some screenshots.

EDIT: Oh, and on your Announcment thread, you spelled prejudice wrong.

Thanks for the heads up on the prejudice spelling. Your concern is appreciated and if I can think of a better way of presenting the information, also the jungle sounds are going to be optional now, I'll make sure that gets done by Tuesday. A few new posts on job openings have been added now, but I think the forums will eventually populate themselves as the game progresses and hype builds. Thanks again!

Quote:

What is the motive to evolve? Just to see what you can make?

I think you could add significant value to your game if you had to evolve to
survive! Perhaps your quarry is evolving also and you may become its prey
if you dont evolve quickly enough or in the right directions to counter its/
their evolution? That would be exciting!

Or perhaps you could pit your evolved creatures powers against other creatures
in some kind of combat? Each round the foe would be more evolved, and between
rounds, you could have the opportunity to evolve some also!

The motive to evolve is too progress your character to master his enviroemnt, and therefore be able to explore new places and do new things. There is an equivalent of 'quests' in the game, which will also offer some more direction. I think players will find the number of options in the game engrossing as it is however, but I could be wrong!

You'll find quickly in the game that many areas of the map will be near impossible to function in until you have developed a competent creature... and these areas would possess creatures of varying skill levels. So you would have to evolve to survive in a way.

As for your player vs. Player idea, that is very very possible. MMORPG was quickly ruled out due to the obvious restrictions of the engire (I'm not saying it's not possible, merely inpractical.) but a creature versus creature area online isn't past reasonability. Thanks for the idea!

Quote:

Somehow I don't really get why this game is supposed to be mature .... anyways, the site looks pretty good, but since there are no screenshots yet, it might be more correct to post this at morbius, however I'm curious about this project, so keep us posted!!

Cheers

The mature rating is a conservative guess. A teen rating would suit us far more, but we expect the game to have 'Blood and Gore, Intense Violence' which would classify it as a mature game! I had no idea where to post this, so if an admin wants to move it to the correct forums, I would not be bothered. I'm simply starting the marketing process!

Thanks for the compliments!

A further update, there are now jobs available for evolve spanning a wide range of services. This includes several paid positions, and a freelance list if you want to register yourself for that. You can find out more from www.evolveGame.com/forums/ in the Jobs Available section.

Kind regards,
evolveGame team

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de