Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/20/24 20:05
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,392 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Audience Artist - Experimental Gamedesign #2 #86018
08/14/06 12:13
08/14/06 12:13
Germany
Error014 Offline OP
Expert
Error014  Offline OP
Expert

Germany
Experimental Gamedesign # 2 - Audience Artist

DOWNLOAD NOW
http://www.windmillgames.de/uploads/error014/AA_006.zip - kindly hosted by Kihaku

Introduction
I'm sure you've painted before. Did people like it? Did they pay hundreds or even thousands of dollars for it? What, they didn't?! Of course not. You can't simply paint anything and expect people to buy it! You have to listen to what they say!

In this game, you're a known artist. People know what you draw is a piece of art and worth it's money. That being said, they won't buy anything. You have to please them. And thankfully, they tell you right away what they want.
This is the madness of Audience Artist, and this night, you'll show us what a talented artist you are!

Again, this is a novel gameplayidea. Again, I want you to tell me if you think of it as fun. Would you play it in your free time? Do you enjoy it? Graphics and bugs, while still important, aren't the main issues here. The last time I've asked you guys, I received awesome feedback and I hope it will be the same this time. Here is a break down of the rules!

You are an artist, and you want to sell your pieces for the highest amount of money possible. There is a catch though - the pieces aren't drawn yet. But you'll do that!

The game takes place in a theatre, and you're standing there, right in front of the audience. And all comes down to one thing:

1) LISTEN TO THE AUDIENCE!
People want you to draw pictures they are proud to buy. And they know what they want. Thankfully, they tell you. If they yell "ZIGZAG!" then, well, draw a ZigZag-Line. If they yell "SPIRALS!" then draw one that would make every snail jealous. However, sometimes they want you to NOT draw a certain symbol (i.e. "NO SPIRALS!") - that is shown by the red "x" across the sign.

Every wish you've granted means more money to you and a bigger audience! Each wish you ignored, however, means less money and a smaller audience. The bigger the audience, the more wishes to get, the harder it becomes - however, that means more fame. Oh, and more money.

As soon as everyone in the audience left, it's Game Over!

2) KEEP IN MIND: YOUR RESSOURCES ARE LIMITED!
True art, my friend, is a great, wonderful thing. It takes three things to create paintings: Talent, Time and Paint. We don't know YET if you have talent, but you'll show us in the game! As far as the other two things go...

Well, you've only a limited amount of time for the pictures. I mean, it would be boring if we had to wait weeks, months, even years until you're finished! What? Some great artists took that long?!

The amount of time left is shown by the circle in the bottom left corner (Note: There is no time limit for the first few paintings). Each new wish will give you a little time, though. We aren't THAT cruel. At least most of the time.
You can always end that picture by pressing the left mouse button, which will earn you a fancy timebonus! If time runs out, you have to stop drawing and your painting will be judged. You'll continue with the next one then!

Paint is also limited. And while we know that you LOVE your paintings so much that you'd use your own blood to draw them, we also know that this process is a little painful. That is why we have bought you lots and lots of paint. The amount of paint left is shown at the very bottom. After you've made a certain number of people happy by granting their wishes and drawing a spiral or whatever, you'll get new paint.

3) CONTINUE DRAWING - WHATEVER MIGHT HAPPEN!
Continue drawing to sell many of your paintings and become rich that night! Become the next Michelangelo and be the cause of dozens of weird interpretations, possibly starring you as frustrated guy probably committing suicide soon while pointing out all whats wrong in society - not to mention any questionable sexual tendencies.
However, that dream will not last forever - as soon as everyone in the audience left or you run out of paint, it's game over! Good luck!

It couldn't be simpler. Draw pictures and listen to the audience. It might not be USUAL to draw in front of an audience, but it's the way of the future!

At the end of the game, statistics are displayed. Why don't you tell us your points (money) and some of your better statistics?

Again, it's about the gameplay. Test it and tell me if it's fun! Every feedback, how cruel it might be, is much appreciated!

Here is the downloadlink again: http://www.windmillgames.de/uploads/error014/AA_006.zip

Thanks to the following people:
Turrican, as he created the art for this game and thus becomes the Audience-Artist-Artist (he hates me because I didn't gave him enough time to remake the art)!
Flashkit.com, as some of the mediafiles used seem to come from there
Andrewds, as he send me the audience-cheering-files,
Kihaku, as he is - again - hosting this game and last but not least
Pappenheimer & Spike, as they were kind enough to test this game!

Thanks in advance!

DISCLAIMER: If it blows up your machine, it's your fault.

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!
Re: Audience Artist - Experimental Gamedesign #2 [Re: Error014] #86019
08/14/06 12:30
08/14/06 12:30
Australia
DavidLancaster Offline
User
DavidLancaster  Offline
User

Australia
I went to run the game and got the following "Error 014, this software application is too 1337 to play on your pc" Great work dude!

Re: Audience Artist - Experimental Gamedesign #2 [Re: DavidLancaster] #86020
08/14/06 12:46
08/14/06 12:46
germany
E
Endgegner Offline
Serious User
Endgegner  Offline
Serious User
E

germany
brilliant! this is so cool. you know experimental gameplay? why not contribute your game there?

http://www.experimentalgameplay.com/

Re: Audience Artist - Experimental Gamedesign #2 [Re: Error014] #86021
08/15/06 14:58
08/15/06 14:58
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline
Expert
sPlKe  Offline
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
as you already know, i am a fan of your work. it never stops to amaze me how well done they are.

so is this. and while i wonder myself why this game gets so less attention, i alsof ail to nderstand why the umtenth shooter or "i just started a "insert game name here" clone gets so much attention, while your work is simple, addictive and fun, and especially complete.

very good work, and i am looking forward to whats coming next;-)

Re: Audience Artist - Experimental Gamedesign #2 [Re: sPlKe] #86022
08/15/06 15:31
Finland
Inestical Offline
Rabbit Developer
Inestical  Offline
Rabbit Developer

Finland
brilliant =D I like it.. no... I'm amazed. Keep the work up!

SPIKE: lets create a fanclub, shall we?

"Yesterday was once today's tomorrow."
Re: Audience Artist - Experimental Gamedesign #2 [Re: sPlKe] #86023
Germany, Luebeck
Xarthor Offline
Expert
Xarthor  Offline
Expert

Germany, Luebeck
Had no time to test it yet but today was the day!
And I gotta say: I really like this, its not easy to grant all wishes caus sometimes my art is not accepted like it was intended.
If this makes any sense.
However I got away with 3745$ which is more than I usually get for my paintings lol

Looking forward to the next "Experimental gameplay" project!

Re: Audience Artist - Experimental Gamedesign #2 [Re: Xarthor] #86024
08/15/06 19:34
08/15/06 19:34
Netherlands, Voorhout
Bazje Offline
Bazje  Offline

Netherlands, Voorhout
Amazing! Very original gameplay, very nice to play.

The time of Dr/\g0n5 has begun...
Re: Audience Artist - Experimental Gamedesign #2 [Re: Bazje] #86025
08/15/06 19:47
08/15/06 19:47
Netherlands
cartoon_baboon Offline
User
cartoon_baboon  Offline
User

Netherlands
Great idea and nicely finished

Re: Audience Artist - Experimental Gamedesign #2 [Re: cartoon_baboon] #86026
08/15/06 20:47
08/15/06 20:47
Germany / NRW / Essen
Shinobi Offline
User
Shinobi  Offline
User

Germany / NRW / Essen
Very well done and great idea as always

P.s. Super was du in letzterzeit so alles brings , weiter so.

Re: Audience Artist - Experimental Gamedesign #2 [Re: Shinobi] #86027
08/15/06 21:02
08/15/06 21:02
Antwerp,Belgium
frazzle Offline
Expert
frazzle  Offline
Expert

Antwerp,Belgium
This is just THE perfect mini game !!!!
Nice gameplay, the look of it is just perfect, the cartoony style is creative,... There is so much more positive things too say but I'm already that addicted to the game that I'll stop there

Cheers

Frazzle

Antec® Case
Intel® X58 Chipset
Intel® i7 975 Quad Core
8 GB RAM DDR3
SSD OCZ®-VERTEX2 3.5 x4 ; HD 600 GB
NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 295 Memory 1795GB
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de