by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, VoroneTZ), 1,258 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Classes [Re: Game Wizard] #87740
09/19/06 06:09
09/19/06 06:09
Minneapolis, MN
guanohead Offline
guanohead  Offline

Minneapolis, MN
I apologize, here are a few links you can check out. It's not too hard if you know C++ pretty well.

The A6 SDK
This is a small set of libraries you can include in your C++ DLL project and use to communicate with 3D Game Studio. It also comes with sample source code that touches on most everything you can use the SDK for.

Basic tutorial
This is a simple tutorial that can help you get started.

Basically the idea is that, using this SDK, you can get pointers to entities that are in your 3DGS project, store those pointers in a c++ class and reference them when you want to make the entity do anything in 3DGS. You can also call ANY C-Script functions in C++ using this SDK, so entity manipulation is more or less as straightforeward as in C-Script.
You could, for instance, have a C++ member function:

DLLFUNC fixed walktowards(long entFocus)

and call it thusly:

entMyEntity->walktowards(entAnEntityPointer);

In this member function you could reference the object's pointer entity and have it turn towards the "entFocus" parameter (another pointer to an entity) and walk towards it.

I'm not at a computer I can test code on, so I can't give you an example at this time, but that tutorial above is pretty complete. Check it out. If things are not clear, let me know and I'll write out example some stuff for you.

Good luck.

BTW, the C++ project must be a DLL (to reference it in C-Script) however you don't need to use MFC, or even Visual Studio. The SDK comes with libraries for MinGW, Borland and other compiler/libraries.

Re: Classes [Re: guanohead] #87741
09/22/06 19:12
09/22/06 19:12
A
Alberto Offline OP
Alberto  Offline OP
A

Quanohead

Thanks, very kind of you

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  HeelX, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de