by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,014 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
pinball game - physic movent 2D only #88506
09/01/06 21:43
09/01/06 21:43
Berlin
EX Citer Offline OP
Expert
EX Citer  Offline OP
Expert

Berlin
Hi,

I am working on a Pinball game, where the ball is moving the most time only on the z and x axis.

The problem is if one of the triggerarms tries to push up the ball, the ball is pushed out of it 2D movement and drops out of the pinball game.

Does anyone knows how to "turn off" the physicsmovent for one axis (like the y).

I had one idea how I could maybe solve my problem, but I am not happy with that idea: Invisible Block/Walls which keep the ball in the flipper area.

:L
Re: pinball game - physic movent 2D only [Re: EX Citer] #88507
09/01/06 22:15
09/01/06 22:15
Germany
zSteam_ Offline
zSteam_  Offline

Germany
hmm aber dass wäre das einfachste. du könntest aber auch noch versuchen, die y position am anfang zu speichern und das objekt dann per while-schleife immer an die gespeicherte y position hinzuschieben.

A6 Commercial 6.50.6
Re: pinball game - physic movent 2D only [Re: zSteam_] #88508
09/01/06 22:27
09/01/06 22:27
Berlin
EX Citer Offline OP
Expert
EX Citer  Offline OP
Expert

Berlin
Thank you for the ideas!

I tried the cage, and it works very well. The problem is, the collisions with the invisible walls.

-There are collisions where is nothing. If I want to make sparks and sounds when the ball collides with walls (for example), there will be sparks and noises by the collisions with the invisible wall. That´s very strange.
-The other thing is the ball is rotating very funny.
-The next thing is the ball is slower and slower the more often it collides with the invisible balls. That means one time you hit the ball and it flies higher and higher. And the next time it doesn´t flies that high, and the player has no idea why.

Boah, da hört mein Englisch auf. Y soll immer 0 sein, da brauch man nicht viel zu Speichern. Physikobjekte verschieben ist so eine Sache. Denn es ist genauso schwierig wie in der Realität ein Objekt of eine Linie zu schieben, also ziemlich unmöglich, besonders wenn es durch die Gegend gedrückt und geschleudert wird. Ich sag nur Trägheit, Masse und Reibung... :/

Das Problem mit der Invisible wall war nur ein Beispiel. Ich ahne, dass für den Zweck für den das PhysicPinballspiel gemacht wird, es mit der unsichtbaren Kollision noch viel größere Probleme geben wird. Bin mir aber noch nicht sicher.

By the way, are EVENTS activated by physic movents, or only by c_move/ent_move?

Re: pinball game - physic movent 2D only [Re: EX Citer] #88509
09/02/06 06:31
09/02/06 06:31
Japan
A
A.Russell Offline
Expert
A.Russell  Offline
Expert
A

Japan
Yes, you need invisible walls to keep the ball on the playing field. There are a couple of options for preventing sparks and sound effects from collsions with the invisible blocks. For a start, you make them entities, that way you be able to check if they were collided with (the collsion system uses its own collision system, which is a bit inconvenient). If you are more ambitious, you can base your sound effects and sparks on the force of the collision, which I think you will need to calculate youself as event_friction doesn't tell you.

Re: pinball game - physic movent 2D only [Re: A.Russell] #88510
09/03/06 16:10
09/03/06 16:10
Berlin
EX Citer Offline OP
Expert
EX Citer  Offline OP
Expert

Berlin
good idea, thank you!

Re: pinball game - physic movent 2D only [Re: A.Russell] #88511
09/04/06 08:43
09/04/06 08:43
The Netherlands
Helghast Offline
Expert
Helghast  Offline
Expert

The Netherlands
Quote:

If you are more ambitious, you can base your sound effects and sparks on the force of the collision, which I think you will need to calculate youself as event_friction doesn't tell you.

here, in this code it's being build in, but it's easy to rip out.
http://www.coniserver.net/wiki/index.php/Commercial_Edition_Single_Car_Physics
good luck!

Formerly known as dennis_fantasy
Portfolio - http://www.designorhea.com/
Project - http://randomchance.cherrygames.org/

Moderated by  HeelX, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de