Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,089 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: The future of the big bang [Re: jcl] #89527
09/15/06 02:51
09/15/06 02:51
Wisconsin
Irish_Farmer Offline
User
Irish_Farmer  Offline
User

Wisconsin
Quote:

Thus I'm afraid the creationist hopes of abandonment of science will be once more disappointed

Why are you using the word science synonymously with big bang? Big bang is a theory, its not the whole of science.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."
Re: The future of the big bang [Re: Irish_Farmer] #89528
09/15/06 05:18
09/15/06 05:18
M
Matt_Aufderheide Offline
Expert
Matt_Aufderheide  Offline
Expert
M

Yes it is! IN the dictionary it says for science defintion:
Science= Big Bang (and fish-to-man theory)

This in jerry fallwell dictionary for utter moron.

Sphere Engine--the premier A6 graphics plugin.
Re: The future of the big bang [Re: Matt_Aufderheide] #89529
09/15/06 19:36
09/15/06 19:36
A
Alberto Offline
Alberto  Offline
A

A part from this article , as far as I know the theory of big bang is widly accepted by the scientific comunity
Same situation as evolutionism and creationism.
Scientists can argue on some details but just a minority does not beleive in big bang and in evolutionism

Re: The future of the big bang [Re: Alberto] #89530
09/17/06 15:16
09/17/06 15:16
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Lol, is it just me, or are you talking as if you think that democracy isn't fair...? Hehehe

Scientists are well aware of the possibilty they may be wrong, being totally wrong or just wrong in some aspects of their theory. However, when a theory get's widely accepted amongst the vast majority of scientists, then usually there are good reasons for it.

I seriously doubt the credibility of any "scientist" not believing the evolution theory. It's not that it's mandatory to believe it in order to be a true scientist or anything, but how could a scientist not believe in it? Okey, mainly because I agree with the evidence in favor of it, but still I don't think a (true) scientist could deny it's the most logical way of things considered all the evidence.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: The future of the big bang [Re: PHeMoX] #89531
09/17/06 20:04
09/17/06 20:04
Wisconsin
Irish_Farmer Offline
User
Irish_Farmer  Offline
User

Wisconsin
Maybe, if there were a method by which it could happen (mutations are out....the best they do is horizontal change).

Maybe if the fossils supported it.

Maybe if the DNA comparisons supported it. Then if/when I get into the science field I might accept it.

Who knows, maybe they'll find some evidence that overturns the past 150 years of not finding evidence. Anything's possible.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."
Re: The future of the big bang [Re: Irish_Farmer] #89532
09/23/06 10:49
09/23/06 10:49
A
Alberto Offline
Alberto  Offline
A

Phemox

Well, people like the hero fighting alone against a multitude of stupid enemies
Science is not an exception
Here in Italy all students have been told the story of Marconi
He invented the radio but the authorities were so stupid to let him go.
Actually it was not like that
Mr Righi immediatly understood the importance of Marconi's discovery from an accademic point of view but he did not see a pratical application
Because of the curvature of the earth a radio signal can travel a few hundreds meters only
That's why he suggested marconi to migrate to uk , which was the richest country .
They could afford to finance even useless stuff
At the time nobody could even suspect the existence of the ionosphere

In conclusion I beleive in democracy both in politics and in science with a few exceptions of course

Re: The future of the big bang [Re: Alberto] #89533
09/23/06 11:29
09/23/06 11:29
M
Matt_Aufderheide Offline
Expert
Matt_Aufderheide  Offline
Expert
M

Quote:

Maybe, if there were a method by which it could happen (mutations are out....the best they do is horizontal change).

Maybe if the DNA comparisons supported it. Then if/when I get into the science field I might accept it.

Irish just denying facts doesnt make you right.. its hard to take you seriously.

Sphere Engine--the premier A6 graphics plugin.
The Best phentermine and Tramdol Directory on Web *DELETED* [Re: jcl] #89534
09/23/06 13:35
09/23/06 13:35

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Post deleted by Doug

Re: The Best phentermine and Tramdol Directory on #89535
09/23/06 20:21
09/23/06 20:21
Wisconsin
Irish_Farmer Offline
User
Irish_Farmer  Offline
User

Wisconsin
Actually, Matt. There was apparently an experiment done a few years ago where some evolutionary biologists combined mutations to see what affects they would have (in other words finally putting neo-darwinism to the test), and apparently it failed miserably. But before I would go more in depth on that one I want to read the experiment a bit more. Its rather lengthy.

Re: The future of the big bang [Re: Irish_Farmer] #89536
09/24/06 12:25
09/24/06 12:25
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

Who knows, maybe they'll find some evidence that overturns the past 150 years of not finding evidence. Anything's possible.

Right ... and the bible and church have all kinds of evidences supporting your view I suppose? Funny ...

Infact, as far as I know quite the contrary is true, fossils do back-up the general theories, same goes for DNA. I've been thinking about it, but I don't quite understand how they could totally contradict any part of the theory, would you care to explain please?

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite