by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (TedMar), 1,420 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: imported models [Re: Shaque] #89765
09/14/06 05:43
09/14/06 05:43
Red Dwarf
Michael_Schwarz Offline
Senior Expert
Michael_Schwarz  Offline
Senior Expert

Red Dwarf
Quote:

A warez user? Does that mean I may have a stolen copy? I didn't buy it from Conitec, I bought it from someone I used to work with. Oh, my god!! How do I find out if I've got a dodgey copy?

EDIT: I went to try and upgrade at Conitec and I needed to give my password which was supposed to be on my CD. I have checked my CD and I can't find anything that looks like a password. I also checked the price of A6 Pro and it is much, much more than what I payed for it. It appears that I have purchased what may still belong to another person. I did not realise this because I had not heard of 3DGS before 6 months ago. It appears that I am a warez user, (if thats what it's called) but I did not download it illegally. I apologise to Conitec for this and I will no longer use the software. I am only sorry that I found out after such a short time as I was enjoying using the software.

Does this mean that I will be banned from this forum? I mean, now that I have nothing to talk about, I may not have a need to return. I would buy the software if I had a need to create a game so badly, but I really don't and I really cannot afford the pro version. There's no way I could ever use a standard or trial version now I've tasted pro. I am heartbroken now.

EDIT 2: I'm sorry. This reply does not belong here. I should contact Conitec...

the password.txt shoule be in your 3DGS Installation directory( e.g.: C:\Program Files\GStudio 6\password.txt )

"Sometimes JCL reminds me of Notch, but more competent" ~ Kiyaku
Re: imported models [Re: Michael_Schwarz] #89766
09/14/06 07:25
09/14/06 07:25
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Shaque: No problem. You don't need the pro. You can use the commercial version that also can use materials and shader.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: imported models [Re: ilr] #89767
09/14/06 08:21
09/14/06 08:21
Germany
F
fogman Offline
Expert
fogman  Offline
Expert
F

Germany
Select the whole model in MED and press "merge". Now you should have a gouraud shaded model. Maybe thatīs the problem, the vertices are not merged.

no science involved
Re: imported models [Re: fogman] #89768
09/14/06 19:33
09/14/06 19:33
Sunbury Victoria, AU
Shaque Offline
Shaque  Offline

Sunbury Victoria, AU
I have removed 3DGS from my computer. I won't be using it as I don't believe my copy is original. The person I baught it from will be arrested and I get my money back. In the meantime, I will buy standard, as pro is a little too much for now.

Knowledge is a right, wisdom is a choice.
Re: imported models [Re: Shaque] #89769
09/15/06 01:56
09/15/06 01:56
Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
Paul_L_Ming Offline
User
Paul_L_Ming  Offline
User

Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
Hiya.

Well, I heavily suggest saving a bit more and buying the Commercial version. With it you have most of what the Pro can do...so if/when your game(s) get to the point where you need/want the specific Pro stuff, you can upgrade to it. I've been using the Commercial version since version 3 or 4 (can't remember).

^_^

"We've got a blind date with destiny...and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."

-- The Shoveler

A7 Commercial (on Windows 7, 64-bit)
Re: imported models [Re: Paul_L_Ming] #89770
09/16/06 02:45
09/16/06 02:45
Sunbury Victoria, AU
Shaque Offline
Shaque  Offline

Sunbury Victoria, AU
I thinkit was fun playing with my bogus version while it lasted and I'm sure the pro version is the one to go for if I planned to make a commercial product. I'm not that good with it, though. I also don't believe I possess the talent of time to go that deeply into game design. Besides, ideas for me change so often that I can never get one single idea down on paper.

I don't really want to join a team, because most of the developers live in Europe, although I have submitted in the Work Wanted section about my music composition and as a result, have had a few people request some for their games. I think I will stick to this for a while and if I whatever money I might make will go to a standard 3DGS. I really don't believe that I will ever make a game, but it's a nice program to learn how to do so.

Knowledge is a right, wisdom is a choice.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  HeelX, rvL_eXile 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de