by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (TedMar), 1,420 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Pipe Rush // Demo #89969
09/15/06 00:13
09/15/06 00:13
Germany / NRW / Essen
Shinobi Offline OP
User
Shinobi  Offline OP
User

Germany / NRW / Essen
This week i started a little Puzzle Game "Pipe Rush" (temp.Name) and want to show you a little Video and for Modem users 2 screenshots.

The Game looks a bit like Tetris but plays different , you have to place the pipes with the open parts to another open part of an other pipe. You have to close all openings of a Pipe and get score for this. Some Pipes has 4 openings and others only 2 or 3 (most score for the 4 openings pipe). The pipes also have different colors , so if you close 3 pipes with the same color (without closing an other colored pipe) you get extra score.
The look is not final , i will change background from black to maybe some pics.
The Font is also not Final.

Later i will add more features like Bombs , pipes that you cant rotate and some more.

This is my first commercial Game , if someone has experience with puplishing a Game or know good puplisher or any info would be nice.
Thanks...

Video 2 MB

P.s. The Music made by Shaque ..

Re: Pipe Rush // Demo [Re: Shinobi] #89970
09/15/06 00:35
09/15/06 00:35
A
Albert Offline
Albert  Offline
A

That looks pretty sweet. Very professional. Some action (you mentioned bombs) and other flashes and bangs would make for a very addicting game. I imagine it speeds up as you play.

Look'n forward to a demo sometime.

keep it up!

Re: Pipe Rush // Demo [Re: Albert] #89971
09/15/06 01:40
09/15/06 01:40
New England
Rad_Daddy Offline
Rad_Daddy  Offline

New England
It looks pretty nice. Probably would find a home in the 4.99 market (I say this because you mentioned it will be for sale).

I do have a few nit-picky suggestions, though, so please forgive me. The over all UI is a bit dull, being grey with a little texture. Perhaps this is only one level??? Also, the text, for the time, score, ect. dosent look like its aligned correctly. Easily fixed, but just figured I would point it out.

Other than that, looking good. Keep with it, and you could have an entertaining product when finished.

Regards,
Raddaddy

"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider." Sir Francis Bacon www.deckscapedesign.com
Re: Pipe Rush // Demo [Re: Albert] #89972
09/15/06 01:43
09/15/06 01:43
Wisconsin USA
FoxHound Offline
Expert
FoxHound  Offline
Expert

Wisconsin USA
Highly impressive.

Some tips I got from publishers when I was trying to get Tower published.

Make all the movement done by mouse. Seems women are the primary players of casual games and they don't care to use both hands for game play (not me saying this, came from a publisher.)

When you're done with your game, make sure to send a copy to each of these guys.

AOL Games Channel - http://onlinegames.channel.aol.com
Arcadetown - www.arcadetown.com
Bigfishgames - www.bigfishgames.com
Boonty - www.boonty.com
EA’s Pogo - www.pogo.com
Gamefiesta - www.gamefiesta.com
Gamehouse - www.gamehouse.com
Gameslammer - www.gameslammer.com
Gametrust - www.gametrust.com
Gamextazy - www.gamextazy.com
Gamezone - www.gamezone.com
Garagegames - www.garagegames.com
Grab.com - www.grab.com
Hotgames - www.hotgames.com
Midasplayer - www.midasplayer.com
Miniclip - www.miniclip.com
MSN Gaming Zone - http://zone.msn.com
Nextarcade - www.nextarcade.com
Oberon Games - http://gamecenter.oberon-media.com
Playfirst - www.playfirst.com
Popcap - www.popcap.com
RealArcade - www.realarcade.com
Realore - www.realore.com
Reflexive - www.reflexive.com
Shockwave - www.shockwave.com
Terragame - www.terragame.com
Totalgaming - www.totalgaming.net
Trygames - www.trygames.com
Tucows’s Playclique - www.playclique.com
WildGames - www.wildgames.com
Yahoo Games - http://games.yahoo.com
Zylom - www.zylom.com

These were mentioned in the reply

Illusionsoftware - http://www.illusionsoftware.be
Absolutist - www.Absolutist.com
Gamehorde - http://www.gamehorde.net/
Casual games are those simular to "Tetris". However there are other types of games hosted on these sites. Thought I would share this list with everyone, if you know of some that are not on here then let me know.

http://www.coniserver.net/ubbthreads/sho...true#Post646587

---------------------
There is no signature here.

QUIT LOOKING FOR ONE!
Re: Pipe Rush // Demo [Re: FoxHound] #89973
09/15/06 01:50
09/15/06 01:50
Germany / NRW / Essen
Shinobi Offline OP
User
Shinobi  Offline OP
User

Germany / NRW / Essen
@Albert thanks ... yes it will have more actions and the game speeds up by reaching the next Level.

@Rad Daddy .. as i mentioned the look is not Final and also the font .. it could be possible that at the end the look is mutch different from now .. Thanks for your Tips...

@FoxHound .. thanks for the tips and of course the Links .. i will include both , Mouse and Keyboard.

Re: Pipe Rush // Demo [Re: Shinobi] #89974
09/15/06 10:04
09/15/06 10:04
Sunbury Victoria, AU
Shaque Offline
Shaque  Offline

Sunbury Victoria, AU
Wow, Shinobi, that was an excellent demo! Well done. It's like a cross between Tetris and Pipe Mania on the old Super Nintendo, but obviously much better since you used a superior engine. After watching the demo, I find myself urging to play it. I think a backdrop and changes every now and then might be a good idea. Even at this early stage, it looks like a fun game.

EDIT: And thanks for crediting me.

Last edited by Shaque; 09/15/06 10:05.

Knowledge is a right, wisdom is a choice.
Re: Pipe Rush // Demo [Re: Shaque] #89975
09/15/06 11:08
09/15/06 11:08
Germany / NRW / Essen
Shinobi Offline OP
User
Shinobi  Offline OP
User

Germany / NRW / Essen
Thanks Shaque ..

I thought about a Animating Background or something simular , but first i will work on the extra Stuff like bombs and more. I am sure(hope) this will change the fun to mutch more.

Re: Pipe Rush // Demo [Re: Shinobi] #89976
09/15/06 13:57
09/15/06 13:57
Germany
Error014 Offline
Expert
Error014  Offline
Expert

Germany
Aaah, a puzzle game. Everyone loves puzzlegames.

It looks like a real interesting twist to tetris. As far as the colorbonus goes, I might have misunderstood the system, but I think it would be clearer if you a) display that you're "almost there" to get the colorbonus and b) get the colorbonus not for closing three same-colored pipes in a row, but if one pipe is connected to pipes all of the same color. See what I mean? Oh well, probably not

Anyway, what you have here is an awesome start. I really like the idea. From watching the video, I feel that a little more feedback would be nice. The best thing right now you can do to increase the feedback is to adjust the music as people play. You might even analyze the stlye of play and adjust the music to that (I tried that concept in one of the new ExperimentalGamdesign-games, it works pretty well ). Or you might make the soundeffects when pipes land more interesting. Players may create their own rythm in the game!

Other than adjusting audio, you may adjust video. You can combine that by creating simple, but colorful particle-streaks or whatever in the background. Start with a black background and as you go, there will be a unique colored scene (the game I mentioned earlier uses this concept as well and it's awesome )

Whats more? As it takes quite a while for a levelup, I'd combine that with a bonus round. For example, water may flow out of certain pipes. You have to close them before the water reaches a certain high, otherwise you'll punish the player with a few pipes more. If he manages to close them all, though, some pipes might be removed.

Again: Looks good so far! You may completely ignore the advices I've given - it's just what I'd do at this point

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!
Re: Pipe Rush // Demo [Re: Error014] #89977
09/15/06 20:48
09/15/06 20:48
Germany / NRW / Essen
Shinobi Offline OP
User
Shinobi  Offline OP
User

Germany / NRW / Essen
@Error 014 i won´t ignore any advices and yours are very good so far . I will see what of them i can include in my game . Thanks for your comments , they are always welcome

Re: Pipe Rush // Demo [Re: Shinobi] #89978
09/16/06 00:16
09/16/06 00:16
Germany / NRW / Essen
Shinobi Offline OP
User
Shinobi  Offline OP
User

Germany / NRW / Essen
Updated the UI and the Bombs are in Game now ....

Bomb effect:
If you hit a Pipe with the Bomb , the Pipe explodes and his neighbors are destroyed and become Transparent. These transparent neighbors cant be closen from now on.

Tip: try to bomb an empty area or bomb some already closen(glowing) Pipes.

Soon i will replace the old Video with a new one.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de