by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (alibaba, vicknick), 1,379 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Working tutorials?? #93865
10/10/06 21:45
10/10/06 21:45
M
Mike Offline OP
Mike  Offline OP
M

Hello,

Hoping someone can help me out with this.

I'm trying to get started working with 3DGS to work on a rather simple 3D RPG. I plan to make ample use of the terrain system, however, in all the times I've tried, I can never get terrains to look right.. the lighting isn't right.. something isn't right about it.

There used to be several tutorials that would walk you through the process, though now I try to go to them and they're all broken links. What's more, I've found no replacements for them.. So I'm wondering where does someone learn how to actually use the terrain system with good results in 3DGS?

I can't believe they would put out a terrain system that is unintuitive to begin with, and then provide no clear and understandable instructions on how to use it.

Can anyone point me to a good resource for this? Thank you...

= Mike

Re: Working tutorials?? [Re: Mike] #93866
10/10/06 22:41
10/10/06 22:41
New England
Rad_Daddy Offline
Rad_Daddy  Offline

New England
What exactly is happening... a screenshot would definately help. Personally, I started up the terrain system day one, not comming with any game design expierence. Just using the .HMP format, I made some pretty cool stuff (to me anyways... probably wouldnt amount to much compared to other projects ).

Anyways, post a pic. Is it creating terrains that you are having a problem with, or using them in a game?

Regards,
Raddaddy

"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider." Sir Francis Bacon www.deckscapedesign.com

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de