by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, alibaba), 1,184 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Nintendo Wii support #99167
11/18/06 19:59
11/18/06 19:59
California
Amanda_Dearheart Offline OP
Amanda_Dearheart  Offline OP

California
I read in a Nintendo bulletin that support for indie game developers would be supported through a network.

Does anyone know if 3dGS games will support the Wii platform?

Prepare to be assimilated. Resistance is futile

Amanda Dearheart

Business E-mail : cjw.roberson@gmail.com
Re: Nintendo Wii support [Re: Amanda_Dearheart] #99168
11/18/06 20:28
11/18/06 20:28
old_bill Offline
Senior Expert
old_bill  Offline
Senior Expert

Well, there's a very long thread about all these porting issues in the FAQ section, take a look:
http://www.coniserver.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/518679/an/0/page/0#Post518679

But short answer, if there's enough money involved in the process,
there can be a port to whaterver, but it has its price...

old_bill

Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.
Re: Nintendo Wii support [Re: old_bill] #99169
11/20/06 01:59
11/20/06 01:59
Bay Area
Doug Offline
Senior Expert
Doug  Offline
Senior Expert

Bay Area
We need a lot more information about this indie developer program from Nintendo.

I'll watch it in my off-time but, if you see anything specific, do let us know about it.

Conitec's Free Resources:
User Magazine || Docs and Tutorials || WIKI
Re: Nintendo Wii support [Re: Doug] #99170
11/20/06 20:09
11/20/06 20:09
B
beegee Offline
User
beegee  Offline
User
B

Okay well I've searched with google and found out some further information. At the moment Nintendo hasn't released any official things about the Wii Developer Kit/SDK. There were some sites by Nintendo in the web, but still disappeared included with some details about the Kit. I got my info by IGN and some forum sites:

Nintendo hints at indie development for Virtual Console.

Buried deep within the press announcements and system specifications for the Nintedo Wii, can be found a glimmer of hope for all the would be indie developers out there ...

"Virtual Console: Wii will have downloadable access to 20 years of fan-favorite titles ...
It also will be home to new games conceived by indie developers whose creativity is larger than their budgets."

This pic show a black Wii at the back. The front is green.

I've heard from several sources that the Kit will cost around 2000€, it's not cheap but the cheapest Kit of the console companys.

Nintendo President Satoru Iwata revealed that Wii development kits would now cost as low as $1,732, opening the doors to even more 3rd party developers and lower game costs!

Nintendo Sending Out Free Wii Dev Kits?

It seems that Nintendo is giving Wii development kits to smaller studios. A developer in a big coastal American city apparently received a mysterious package from Nintendo. Office staff, programmers, and even the president weren't aware what was inside. The box was opened, and viola, Wii dev kit. This could be a ploy on Nintendo's part to get as many companies working on Wii games as possible. If this is true, it certainly shows Nintendo has improved its stance towards third party studios, as opposed to the iron-fisted days of yore.

Forum about that scene

Just type into google this keyword: "Wii Dev Kit";

Fratch - Newer statistics panel for GameStudio

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de