Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/20/24 20:05
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, 7th_zorro), 1,285 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A small job to help me start off? #99479
11/21/06 13:29
11/21/06 13:29
M
madness Offline OP
madness  Offline OP
M

This is kinda like a template i'm requesting, but I'm requesting someones help and I guess you could call it a job.

Currently I’m thinking about creating a GTA kind of game using 3D Game Studio A6. So far I’ve only made a few little testing games just to bring some skill up in 3D Game Studio. Although one thing I’d say I’m pretty crap at is starting things off from scratch, So basically I’m wondering if someone can create a simple GTA template I can use to start my little game off with.

Basically I’m looking for the following:
-Ability to get in/out of cars
-Ability to shoot

These are the only 2 things I really want to be able to do. Also when the play is getting in and out of cars it should be alright even if they go through the door, don’t worry about every single detail unless your know what you’re doing and you have the spare time.

I’ll also give you a more detailed description below of what I’d like to see in this

Life (Everything in the city)
Now I’m not sure how this bit would work but I’d like the player to be able to experience a living city where there are people driving cars by themselves without the need of other players. Now I know this sounds kind of hard since you don’t know where the AI is meant to be following the track (ROAD), so you can maybe lead me in the direction of a tutorial which would allow me to do this myself or I could show you the map I’d be using.
If possible It’ll be nice if you could add a little physics system where you can drive through lots of boxes and they all tumble over the car realistically, and when you shoot them they will react to the bullets realistically.

In Car (mode)
While the player is in the car I’d like the player to be able to access 4 radio stations, each radio station would be selected by pressing the “r” button. For now I’d like to be able to link these up to mp3 files for now we can name the files radio1.mp3 radio2.mp3 radio3.mp3 radio4.mp3 and we can call this Radio Station 1, 2, 3 and 4. I will end up changing this soon when I know the names of the radio stations; hopefully I can change these via. C-Script if you tell me where I can find the script with the radio station details on it. It would be nice if the radio station name pops up on the screen while your changing it, (This option isn’t compulsory to be added but would be nice, since we are working on 4 radio stations)
The player should be able to accelerate (up button), brake (space), reverse (down button), turn right (Right Button), turn left (Left Button). If you can it would be nice if you could have a good physics system with the cars so they fell slightly realistic. But the cars don’t have to be realistic as anything will do at this point.
Currently I’m looking for a camera angle just above the car as you would see in any other game. And if possible another camera angle which looks like the bumper cam.

On Foot (mode)
When the player is on-foot they should be able to pull out a weapon by using the “alt” key and shoot by using the “Ctrl” or the “LMB” keys.
I’d also like you to include a very small basic working city, possibly just something small like a street, a pedestrian and a car and not to forget the player, so me and my team can work from there and add more cars, players and streets and we can take a look at your scripting to improve and add more features in this game where thinking about creating.
Now some of the things I’ve mentioned here may not be possible or may be impossible to do with 3D Game Studio if they are just notifying me and I’ll change things around.

So basically I might tell you all what I’m trying to achieve here and why:
Basically I’m working in a team of 10 to create a game as a part of a school project. The project is to run a business and I decided the game creation is the fun but hard to achieve. So Currently I have a 2 week time frame to get the engine up and running so we can add all the textures we have been working on in programs like Maya and 3DsMAX also not forgetting to mention the free 3D Models out there I’ve been thinking about using.

Now if anyone is interested in helping me out with this template type thing for the project they will get Full Credit for the part they helped us out with and once we get to the official website for the game your name and email/web address will be posted in the credits section. Also if you want some work in return I have some nice skills out in the I.T. world so we can also working something out, and if you do a good job at making this template maybe you could make it available for everyone, so everyone can get more out of 3DGS.

And I’ll just point this out again, that if your able to do anything just the littlest amount or this would help even if it was only the main 2 basic things I wanted which was the car and the player which could get in and out the car and shoot while on foot. I’d also like to say, that basically the maximum time period we have is about 1 and a half weeks so hopefully it doesn’t take that long to be able to create this base of the game.

Thanks for your time and I certainly do hope someone out there has the skills to help us get our project underway in the small time period we have.

Re: A small job to help me start off? [Re: madness] #99480
11/21/06 17:12
11/21/06 17:12
Damocles Offline
Expert
Damocles  Offline
Expert

I would do a first running prototype implementation for 500€

Re: A small job to help me start off? [Re: Damocles] #99481
11/21/06 21:14
11/21/06 21:14
broozar Offline
Expert
broozar  Offline
Expert

@damo, how long would it take you? that "small time period" means 2 weeks, a prototype means one week, for all that you're pretty cheap.

Re: A small job to help me start off? [Re: broozar] #99482
11/21/06 23:58
11/21/06 23:58
Damocles Offline
Expert
Damocles  Offline
Expert

I dont mean a full game...
but a first version of active movement, entering a car, driving around,
and having some character move along predefines paths.

Should be a 2 week work.

Re: A small job to help me start off? [Re: Damocles] #99483
11/24/06 11:34
11/24/06 11:34
M
madness Offline OP
madness  Offline OP
M

Well this game i've gotten a team to create wanted to make this a freeware game, I was thinking more of maybe you releasesing the script public to everyone .

Altough this looks like a big job which i've given out so maybe i'll make it something smaller:

-Ability to get in/out of cars
-Ability to shoot
-Placed cars all over landscape

Hopefully you can do this for free since i'm making this more of a freeware game and i'm really short on money. So hopefully it isn't to much for those 3 main things i've asked. If you can do it I'll do something in return like create you a professional website or something, you can PM me for a profile of websites i've created

Re: A small job to help me start off? [Re: madness] #99484
11/25/06 07:47
11/25/06 07:47
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline
Warned

U.S.
madness , if your looking to make a freeware game , then why not use the time spent on making the game on learning how to make a game. READ the wdl manual , and learn C-Script , and then script the game yourself , why would you come and ask for something as ridiculous as asking for a GTA 3 like game template and then expect someone to spend their time working on it for FREE. LOL , you do know the GTA 3 game made MILLIONS right , and it took a long time to make , its not something you just pull out of your ass in a couple of minutes. Be more realistic of what you ask , if you ask for something like this you usually have to pay for it , no one will help you for free , unless you have something really good to show , to interest somebody. So if this is for a school project , which is pretty much a waste of time , then waste your own , or better yet , learn how to make the gta type game on your own , and make it yourself , and then you will learn soemthing , and you wont have wasted your time after all. Now for some direction , to make the player walk/run/shoot and the like , use the template scripts , this is for a school project after all , why would you need code from scratch for that , the templates are pretty good and they already have all that coded for you. To get in and out of cars , very simple thing , use a button that runs a trace , say if your suppossed to press enter to get into a car just have a function that does a trace and returns some type of parameter to know if you are by and facing a car , if positive then have the player do a get in car anymation and either use a morph to change the player model into a player in car model , or position the player inside the car by using some vector instructions , you can probably use the attach script from the Recourse site and modify it to work with this. Then call the function when you press enter. Not really too hard to do . As for walking and shooting I would really sujest the templates , why waste your time doing something thats already done for you. Have fun with your game.

Re: A small job to help me start off? [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #99485
11/26/06 05:35
11/26/06 05:35
M
madness Offline OP
madness  Offline OP
M

-Ability to get in/out of cars (like by pressing the "f" button and just to be the car.
-Ability to shoot (1 weapon)
-Placed cars all over landscape (so people cen get into a car at a time.

Isn't this what i've changed it into, something small and simple. And what i've changed it into isn't even close to a GTA game. Just got a little free roam style to it.

Re: A small job to help me start off? [Re: madness] #99486
11/26/06 11:10
11/26/06 11:10
Germany
D
DARKLORD Offline
DARKLORD  Offline
D

Germany
Please be realistic!
Also your "small and simple" task is a lot of work if one has to do it from scratch!
Nobody will waste so much time for your school project.
Start working with the templates and learn scripting your own game.
And why do you start with such a big project like GTA? Do something that's easy, like a funny jump and run or something like that.

Re: A small job to help me start off? [Re: DARKLORD] #99487
11/26/06 23:32
11/26/06 23:32
M
madness Offline OP
madness  Offline OP
M

Sorry, i'm quite new to this program and I thought it was easy as it was hyped up to be. I've done some coding before and I've done lots of work on modding all different types of games before.

Anyways, can anyone direct me to any great sites or downloads where I can download templates just with I pree programed car with a small physics system that I can put the map i've created in?

And also possibly a seperate one just with shooting in it, maybe I'll take this thing slowly.

Re: A small job to help me start off? [Re: madness] #99488
11/27/06 16:01
11/27/06 16:01
Germany
D
DARKLORD Offline
DARKLORD  Offline
D

Germany
Have a look at AUM, it's pretty usefull!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de