by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,014 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
My team and I are looking for more workers. #102324
12/16/06 00:18
12/16/06 00:18
K
khanoftruth Offline OP
khanoftruth  Offline OP
K

I know that I have another post in this forum somewhere, and I appoligize for not being able to find it.

I also want to leave a small disclaimer. I am aware that gamestudio isn't the best software for making a multiplayer game. I am aware that it is an extremely lofty goal. I am aware that there are other engines better made for multiplayer. But due to fiscal constraints, we can't buy the $8000 Unreal Engine 2.0 that we want to use.

Anyhow, some of my comrades (who have significantly less experience at scripting than I do) and I are making a multiplayer game. I don't have the documentation on my computer (it's on my friends'), but I you can download a project overview here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5v1grn

What we are looking for is as follows:

2-4 world editors
1-2 scripters (multiplayer experience not needed as I can handle that, but good)
1-2 modelers/animators
1-2 game-to-art people (make the game colorful; handles texture and skins)
1 video workers

We already have 2 world editors, 1 modeler, 1 audio/miscelanious, and 1 scripter (me).

This is under the genre of MMOFPS, although it won't have nearly as many skills
as your basic MMO. It's more focused on killing people for your team.

We have every intention of publishing this game. We will probobly sell it through our website (not yet made/finished). Anyone workers on the game will get paid. To be a worker, you are in. That means that you work on the project through the entire thing, through the good and bad. To be a contributor (and credit will be given) you just need to do something to further our efforts.

If you have any questions or wish to join our Dev team, email me at: mttcttrll@snet.net

The Galvanic Productions Hompage: www.GalvanicProductions.tk For our current project, click on the Nirvana link.
Re: My team and I are looking for more workers. [Re: khanoftruth] #102325
12/16/06 06:53
12/16/06 06:53
USA
lionclaws Offline
lionclaws  Offline

USA
Why is it that most people keep making the same mistakes over and over again?.How can you build a House without foundation?.My advice Sir!:you want people to join your team(to be)?;describe or post a section of the storyline,few screenshots of what's in progress.You want people to go download the project overview right?,but it's really not much of overview for people to go download.The difference between what you already posted and the download is as shown below.It's OK to post this,no one will steal your ideas man!:

"The story starts after world war three. The world is basically in ruins because of nuclear fallout. The one
remaining city (no name for it yet) is under partial control by four different factions/countries. The factions
are fighting against each other for dominance. The player is spawned in the center, and is houseless. They need to
be accepted into one of the four factions. The factions are completely player controlled, with faction leaders and
ranks.

There might be arena matches where the different factions can have a chance to gain control of a unique weapon.

This is a MMOFPS without all the skills. It is more based on killing other people in the name of your team.

The city has 4 skyskrapers (the faction headquarters), and about 300, detailed player-interactive buildings.
The player needs to be able to walk through all of these."

All you need to add now is couple of screens and you will get some help from the community. Nothing but love from this community...depending on how you ask for help.

Good lighting doesn't just happen,it's designed.
Re: My team and I are looking for more workers. [Re: lionclaws] #102326
12/16/06 13:17
12/16/06 13:17
K
khanoftruth Offline OP
khanoftruth  Offline OP
K

I understand your points, but I just didn't want to make my post too long for those who weren't interested.

Also, you are right: as soon as we get some functional screenshots, we will up them.

The Galvanic Productions Hompage: www.GalvanicProductions.tk For our current project, click on the Nirvana link.
Re: My team and I are looking for more workers. [Re: khanoftruth] #102327
12/16/06 13:43
12/16/06 13:43
Damocles Offline
Expert
Damocles  Offline
Expert

So and do you have a (Internet) playable prototype of an Multiplayershooter?
Is it running stable (without the need to have all features, just basic movment and shooting)

If you dont have a prototype dont think about Leveldesigner and Artists. This is
totally unnesecary.
What if you have the artists create great Models and Levels, when you find out after a while
that you cant realise the multiplayerpart?

This is a typical project that only needs scripters in the beginning.
If you never made a well running multiplayergame in 3dGS, you should not start the content development
before you have a running prototype.
If you would have made an onlinegame like the Glider team, this approach works, as they know
how to make the multiplayerpart work. But if you naver made a multiplayergame in 3dGS, then it
is just a bunch of dreams, going into a project that will be cancelled after a while.

Re: My team and I are looking for more workers. [Re: Damocles] #102328
12/16/06 14:56
12/16/06 14:56
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
i wouldnt say that necessarily,people are skepticaly because they hear this kind of stuff all the time, what you have to realize is that its usually by people who heree "multiplayer support" and assume its a drag and drop feature.... its just not, especially if you plan to use the built in. but it can be done, we saw that from micheal_schwarz via his prototype demo, if khanof truth can get to that point on his own (or even use micheals stuff as a reference as he has left it as public property) then he might have a chance, i want to see this work, and i hope khanofthruth just has the motivation and that it works out, i've been thru many projects that i naivly started, one even with you lionclaws and just the last couple months have i had a very serious one.

Re: My team and I are looking for more workers. [Re: lostclimate] #102329
12/16/06 16:25
12/16/06 16:25
K
khanoftruth Offline OP
khanoftruth  Offline OP
K

@lostclimate
Thanks man.

@ Everybody Else
I have a functional multiplayer script. It is for a different game, but it works. Three different countries battleing for a super weapon. It multiplayer, not MMO, though.

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de