Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/20/24 01:28
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Ayumi), 900 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Warpbreaker (casual tube based breakout game) #103043
12/20/06 19:37
12/20/06 19:37
USA San Diego CA
Scramasax Offline OP
Scramasax  Offline OP

USA San Diego CA
Warpbreaker is the casual game I've been working on for the past year on and off between other game contracts. I like generally how the game is going, but it needs work and your comments to really make it the quality game I know it can be. So knock yourselves out with your critical input. I have thick skin when it comes to this sort of thing.

Here is a link to the game:Warpbreaker (version 20Dec06)

I'm also looking for help finishing this game up: Help Wanted

www.moxiefish.com George Lancaster
Re: Warpbreaker (casual tube based breakout game) [Re: Scramasax] #103044
12/20/06 20:37
12/20/06 20:37
Earth
Germanunkol Offline
Expert
Germanunkol  Offline
Expert

Earth
All right... you said you're good in taking critique... here I go:

-The explosions need work. Obviously, if this game isn't done yet, that's quite all right . An example: When the individual blocks/bricks burst, make the partikle effect smaller. It get's ver distracting when there's so many particles flying around everywhere. That goes for all other effects too. They're nice, and add to the gameplay, but I don'T think they should be this big, they shouldn't go all the way off the screen, make the particles fade out faster.
-The tunnel effect could also use a bit of work, you could use an entity with more polygons, it's VERY low-poly, and you can see that. I'd also make the rotating parts not quite as visible. They look good, but they also distract a bit.
-suggestions of what you could add: different difficulty levels, hard, medium and easy would be enough. And you might wanna display the 3dgs logo on startup... i dunno... 1) just to be on the save side, 2) it's good looking ... 3) it might make the startup look a bit more proffessional
-Sounds need some work. They're a good start, but I'd tweak around with volume etc... some of them are disturbing if you hear them long enough.
Ok, enough critique... my opinion:
GREAT idea, Awesome game play, adictive, fun game!!
brickout in a cylinder...did you come up with this?? sweet! I love it!!!

I really can'T wait till it's done. You're doing a great job! keep this up! nice map overview world thingy... i like that. The wntire game idea is good: warp tunnels that are blocked and need to be opend up... I can imagine my small brother playing this for ages... please, do keep working on this game...!

(have i mentioned that i like it yet? )

Micha

P.S. people... stop asking if I wanna help with gaes...sure I do-.- Off course I do... i really want to. i just don't have any time, and I already have 2 projects going! sorry... can't help you out... hope you find someone though... good luck with this!

~"I never let school interfere with my education"~
-Mark Twain
Re: Warpbreaker (casual tube based breakout game) [Re: Germanunkol] #103045
12/20/06 21:09
12/20/06 21:09
Berlin
EX Citer Offline
Expert
EX Citer  Offline
Expert

Berlin
0 = bad, 10 = perfect

Graphics: 4
Style: 8
Scripts: 9
Idea: 9
Playability: 7
Music: 10
Sounds: 8

Overall (Enjoyment/Feeling): 9

Many effects and graphics are very good but some are not good. For example the glowing bombs look fantastic, the space ship and the ball are very good. Just the fire and some explosions donīt look so good. The briefing guy donīt look good. I highly recomment to improve him. I donīt like the typography. I donīt like the font and the use of fonts. The colors arenīt chosen well ether in the menu.
The mouse control is sometimes very awful. Maybe you could change it to keyboard control, at least as option in the menu. I have a special gaming mouse, which seems to make this game unplayable because it speeds up very fast if I move the mouse for a longer time.
I wouldnīt use names of cliches like alpha centauri. Doesnīt make any sence to me and you may get copyright problems.

Even if I have listed a lot of bad points, I like the game very much. Donīt forget a good story.

:L
Re: Warpbreaker (casual tube based breakout game) [Re: EX Citer] #103046
12/20/06 21:20
12/20/06 21:20
USA San Diego CA
Scramasax Offline OP
Scramasax  Offline OP

USA San Diego CA
Quote:

I wouldnīt use names of cliches like alpha centauri. Doesnīt make any sence to me and you may get copyright problems.

FYI(The star names are real, and the map is approximately correct in reguards to the placement of the stars in our own local group.)

PS(Thanx for the input.)

Last edited by Scramasax; 12/20/06 21:20.

Re: Warpbreaker (casual tube based breakout game) [Re: EX Citer] #103047
12/20/06 21:25
12/20/06 21:25
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
i like it, but the anime character looks like a 7th grader was trying to draw anime... no offense, i dont mean to be harsh, but i love the idea of the rest of the game, it would be nice to have a small list of available power ups

Re: Warpbreaker (casual tube based breakout game) [Re: Scramasax] #103048
12/20/06 21:39
12/20/06 21:39

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a pro game for shure. Very good (much) work.
I like the gameplay the levelselection and the menu.
But actual i have a massiv problem with the music!
I've recorded it: mp3-demo

mercuryus

Re: Warpbreaker (casual tube based breakout game) [Re: lostclimate] #103049
12/21/06 19:36
12/21/06 19:36
USA San Diego CA
Scramasax Offline OP
Scramasax  Offline OP

USA San Diego CA
Quote:

i like it, but the anime character looks like a 7th grader was trying to draw anime... no offense

None taken. Much of the art I did, I had to hurry on. Hopefully I find some artist(s) who'd want to share in the profits. If not, I will have to do it, and it will take me two or three more months to complete it. My programming skill far out does my artistic abilities.

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de