by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (ozgur, TipmyPip, AndrewAMD), 1,209 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DEXON Knight Story #106947
01/15/07 08:08
01/15/07 08:08
Budapest, Hungary
DEX Offline OP
Serious User
DEX  Offline OP
Serious User

Budapest, Hungary
OK, we need a good intro story for our next game DEXON Knight.
I am ready to offer between 50-100$ (paid with our models from model-texture shop on DEXSOFT-GAMES)
Picking the right man to do the job is little tricky in this case, so I suggest that you all try to write little stories here and the best story will be included in game and author will get models.
If you have any other idea how to do this I am ready to hear, my goal is only to get good story, and you to get models.
Lets explain what you need to do.
Here are few shots from game:

Game name screen:

INTRO SCENE, here small dragon speaks to you that little story we need

First level start, on the right you can see your dragon friend.

Dragon will tell you in cut-scene what to do in each level, explaining which weapons you have, how many enemies, what puzzle to solve etc.

Some screens from first level:
Collecting some diamonds (on each 50 diamonds you get new life)...

Fighting with evil Plants

Fighting with Dwarf enemy

Solving some word puzzle

Doing some math...

Moving platforms, little climbing etc...

If you carefuly look images you will see bright crystals, so players goal is to collect given number of crystals on each level. When you solve letter puzzle, that cage will open and you will get one crystal. When you kill all enemies you can get close and get crystal, when you climb up to the up-down or left-right moving platforms you must reach the cristal up there.
So basicly on the game start Dragon needs to tell you why you need to collect crystals, something like:
"Hi, DEXON thank you for coming to help me find all those crystals. In front of you is a difficult task full of enemies and puzzles to solve. When you find all crystals you will get bla, bla, bla"
Maybe its a good idea to write that some wizard stole all crystals, or whatever.

So basicly we need to connect that dragons intro speech, with those crystals you need to collect in game levels.

If you think that isnt fair to write many stories here and only accepted story will get models, than we could think another way to do it, or dont participate.

Thank you

DEXSOFT-GAMES.COM
Re: DEXON Knight Story [Re: DEX] #106948
01/15/07 08:37
01/15/07 08:37
Netherlands
bstudio Offline
User
bstudio  Offline
User

Netherlands
wow those screens look promesing
let's give it a whirl:

Dragon: DEXON, I will need your help in retreiving some stolen crystals. They where stolen by an evil man called ..... Fortunatly he lost most of them on the way back and now it's a race against time to get them back before he does. During your quest you will encounter many dangoures enemy's and mind-breaking quests, but that is why I selected you, because you are the strongest and most fairest of all knights. Go forth and retreive the crystals.

well don't mind the typo's and other stuff that I typed wrong. but this is my entry. I know it's kind of short, but it sums up the idea well

Last edited by bstudio; 01/15/07 08:55.

BASIC programmers never die, they GOSUB and don't RETURN.
Re: DEXON Knight Story [Re: bstudio] #106949
01/15/07 14:50
01/15/07 14:50
Bot190 Offline
Bot190  Offline

A few questions. first, is this for younger kids,(trying to make learning fun)? second, what are the controls for the game? third, what weapons are at his disposel?

Wait, there isn't a "Make My Game Now" button?
Re: DEXON Knight Story [Re: Bot190] #106950
01/15/07 15:02
01/15/07 15:02
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Yes. It is for younger kids and combines action with educational approaches. Weapons are a sword and a water pistol that spreads water towards evil dragons to chase them away. The kids cannot kill dragons but evil plants and dwarfs.

Controls are quite usual.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: DEXON Knight Story [Re: bstudio] #106951
01/15/07 15:27
01/15/07 15:27
netherlands
Lennart_hillen Offline
Lennart_hillen  Offline

netherlands
Okay, gonna give it a try as well:
----------------------------------------

Introduction movie:

Once upon a time, in a world full of magic and myth, there lived a young and brave knight by the name of Dexon. He lived his life full of joy and happiness in the Farytale land known as Divea. Esthar, the name of the Kingdom he lived in, ruled its lands with te help of the thousand magical gemstones of foresight, in which the King often sought comfort and wisdom when the time was dire. However, an evil goblin from the other side of the world got word of the magical gemstones. He grew jealous and angry over time, and in the darkness of his palace, he plotted a plan to ruin the Esthar Kingdom. He came up with a spell. A spell that would scatter the thousand magical gemstones all across the world, so that the Kingdom would no longer have the power to rule its lands in peace and quiet.

Now, chaos clouds the Esthar kingdom, the kings magical gemstones are scattered! The king has chosen you, Dexon, to embark upon a journey to recover his magical gemstones. Along your side comes a wise dragon who will aid you on your journey with wisdom.

Dragon cutscens:

In every new level, the dragon that accompanies Dexon on its travels aids him with comfort and wisdom on how to complete the level they’re up against. This with the purpose of collecting all the magical gemstones, and restoring peace to the world.

----------------------------------------

I hope you'll like it ^^ corney as hell, but hey! it's for the kids lol
and don't mind spelling mistakes etc

Re: DEXON Knight Story [Re: Lennart_hillen] #106952
01/15/07 20:14
01/15/07 20:14
Budapest, Hungary
DEX Offline OP
Serious User
DEX  Offline OP
Serious User

Budapest, Hungary
Thank you Lennart it is really good story!!!
Thanks Bstudio yours is little short but also very good.

bot190, kids can use WASD+mouse or just arrow keys, so both are fully operational.

Whith this game we want to "trick" kids. They will fight all the time with different enemies and yet they'll learn some maths and letters

DEXSOFT-GAMES.COM
Re: DEXON Knight Story [Re: DEX] #106953
01/15/07 20:22
01/15/07 20:22
Netherlands
bstudio Offline
User
bstudio  Offline
User

Netherlands
I must say, you have a nice aproach of education in gaming. Well I can extend my story off-course

BASIC programmers never die, they GOSUB and don't RETURN.
Re: DEXON Knight Story [Re: bstudio] #106954
01/18/07 11:35
01/18/07 11:35
Bot190 Offline
Bot190  Offline

(Dragon) One stormy night when you could barely see your hands, the evil dwarves stole the bright crystals. Those crystals were what held this land together and peaceful; now that they are gone the evil plants and dragons have been able to get a grip on the land. We need you Dexon, to drive these evil beings out of our land. You will have a sword to fight the dwarves and plants. The water gun is to drive the bad dragons of our land. You will need to solve Math problems and word puzzles. Although we have an idea about how controls these evil beings but we are uncertain and would like you to find out. When you do please rid this land of him. He knows that it will destroy our land I think that he has plans to take over our kingdom. We cannot let that happen, he will make our people pay him when he walks by there houses.

(DEXON) What will I get?

(Dragon) You will get to keep you family and be proud to have saved the kingdom from the evil ruler of The Dark palace. Go know young one. I have faith in you.

P.s. for movment you could have a picture of the keys and when you move the cursor over each one it will tell you what it does.

Wait, there isn't a "Make My Game Now" button?
Re: DEXON Knight Story [Re: Bot190] #106955
01/20/07 11:46
01/20/07 11:46
Richmond B.C., Canada
Captain_Kiyaku Offline

Dichotomic
Captain_Kiyaku  Offline

Dichotomic

Richmond B.C., Canada
well im not good in writing english text so i just write done my thoughts about a story.

The kingdom of this country is ruled by a mighty and graceful king. With the power of the Light Crystal in the castles treasure chamber he defeated all evil in the world. Though, oneday, a strong wizard came across the country with the goal to steal the crystal. He sneaks into the chamber and try to steal the light crystal. Too bad the power of this crystal is stronger. When the wizard tries to teleport the crystal away, it shatters into thousand of pieces - strew over the country. Now, without the power of the crystal, the wizard curse the king and transforms hin into a small dragon (which can't even use fire) and take over the castle and cursed the country. Plants became evil, dwarves became more greedy, and so on.

the king was able to flee and met the brave knight dexon. Dexon was on his way to the Wizard too cause he also took the country where dexon came from. So dexon decides to help the cursed king to collect all the crystals to "repair" the light crystal and defeat the evil wizard.

wah so bad written, i know i know, but i hope its enough to understand my idea ^^'

Last edited by Kihaku; 01/20/07 11:47.

My Blog

"Tag und Nacht schrei ich mich heiser,
Wind weht alle Worte fort,
Tag und Nacht schrei ich mein Krähenwort!"

Subway To Sally - Krähenkönig
Re: DEXON Knight Story [Re: Captain_Kiyaku] #106956
01/20/07 16:41
01/20/07 16:41
Budapest, Hungary
DEX Offline OP
Serious User
DEX  Offline OP
Serious User

Budapest, Hungary
Thank you all for your efforts.
I already made story based on Lennart Hillen's intro.
But anyone who entered this story-thread will get from me FULL version of BETTI game.
So please all of you who wrote story before this reply, contact me on dex@dexsoft-games.com and Ill send you download links.
Thank you again.

DEXSOFT-GAMES.COM
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de