Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/20/24 01:28
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, Ayumi), 877 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Valatar #107251
01/17/07 22:05
01/17/07 22:05
USA San Diego CA
Scramasax Offline OP
Scramasax  Offline OP

USA San Diego CA
A little demo I wrote in the past 5 days. Still needs alot of work.
valatar (c) 2007 Moxiefish (All rights reserved)

www.moxiefish.com George Lancaster
Re: Valatar [Re: Scramasax] #107252
01/17/07 22:33
01/17/07 22:33
Portugal
demiGod Offline
User
demiGod  Offline
User

Portugal
She doesnt like nothing that can live
What about the shadows?

Re: Valatar [Re: Scramasax] #107253
01/17/07 22:38
01/17/07 22:38

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice!
She should join the olymic games!
She will win the javelin (de:Speerwerfen) for shure - she's the best

mercuryus

Re: Valatar [Re: ] #107254
01/18/07 06:27
01/18/07 06:27
Berlin
EX Citer Offline
Expert
EX Citer  Offline
Expert

Berlin
Cool funny thing One hint: The hips hips should be more huge than the shoulds. I mean when you see her from the front and then draw two paralel lines vertical from the hips up to the shoulders the lines shouldnt touch the shoulders.

This has some great potential I think.

:L
Re: Valatar [Re: EX Citer] #107255
01/18/07 16:19
01/18/07 16:19
Earth
Germanunkol Offline
Expert
Germanunkol  Offline
Expert

Earth
Funny ...
Make the camera/player rotation a bit slower, it'll be easier to aim.
One thing more: That's NOT how you through a javalin ... you always have the point pointing forwards. If you want to hit something infront of you, you rotate to your right (for right handed ppl), strech out your right arm in the direction opposite to your target, and turn your head towards the target. The hand is open to the sky, and the javalin lies between your index finger and the middle finger, pointing towards the target and up. Then you rotate the arm at your shoulder, leaving it stretched out all the time. KInda hard to explain...
But that's how I learned it in school

It's a fun idea though, and with some tweaking it'll be great fun to play!
You might want to change the skin on the model a bit. I mean: she's wearing pretty much no clothes, so you probably want her to be "good looking"... ... her ribs don't look that great, they make her look like she's anorexic

Poor animals^^... I like them, they look cool. Don't kill them ...

~"I never let school interfere with my education"~
-Mark Twain
Re: Valatar [Re: Germanunkol] #107256
01/18/07 17:22
01/18/07 17:22
Berlin
EX Citer Offline
Expert
EX Citer  Offline
Expert

Berlin
OK, I have now played the demo.

I think everything is not time fixed because she runs very fast and turns very fast on my laptop. You know to time fix the game multiplicate speeds with time:

my.PAN += (key_d-key_a)*TIME*12;
ent_move(me,vector(my.SKILL1*TIME,0,0),vector(0,0,my.SKILL3*TIME));

Second hint:
The spear is an attached entity, and you have the same problem I had always with attaching entities. To realy fix the spear to the girl give the spear which has to be a unique entity an entity pointer:

*entity spear1;
action carried_spear
{
spear1 = me; //or was it me = spear1;? Well check entity pointers in the manual.
my.passable = ON;
}

Then put into the action of the hot girl:

action hot_angry_girl
{
while(1)
{
entmove(me,...,...);
if(spear1 != NULL)
{
vec_set(spear1.X,my.X);
vec_set(spear1.PAN,my.PAN);
if(my.SKILL13 == 1)
{
ent_animate("standing",spear1,my.SKILL12,0);
}
if(my.SKILL13 == 2)

I like the game very much and hope to see more of it And I would like to see much much more of the girl Great project. 10 Thumbs up!

Re: Valatar [Re: EX Citer] #107257
01/18/07 18:49
01/18/07 18:49
USA San Diego CA
Scramasax Offline OP
Scramasax  Offline OP

USA San Diego CA
Quote:

What about the shadows?

I'm using IceX 2.0, but I'll give up on it and use the multi-texture template if I can't get shadows.

Quote:

Cool funny thing One hint: The hips hips should be more huge than the shoulds.

Blame it on programmer art I really just haven't found an artist who can keep up with me or who'd help.
The verts are weighted wrong, and they're making her shoulders poof out. I really need to re-due her one more time.

Quote:

Make the camera/player rotation a bit slower, it'll be easier to aim.
One thing more: That's NOT how you through a javalin

Camera has an approach curve, but I will need to put a mouse sensitivity slider in the front end. Its a real basic version of the camera, and needs much work.
Jav throw is bad. There is a script bug, where I loose the you.skill7 (anim-percent) till right at the end. I have the spear flip around, but only on the first throw, past that Ps(I used to throw jav, and polevault for track also.)

Quote:

I think everything is not time fixed because she runs very fast and turns very fast on my laptop. You know to time fix the game multiplicate speeds with time:

my.PAN += (key_d-key_a)*TIME*12;
ent_move(me,vector(my.SKILL1*TIME,0,0),vector(0,0,my.SKILL3*TIME));

I did:
Code:

//foward
if(key_pressed(17)==On)
{
//look at
vec_set(temp,camera.x);
vec_sub(temp,my.x);
temp.z =0;
vec_to_angle(my.pan,temp);
my.pan+=180;
var out;
out =c_move(my,vector(my.skill4*GetSeconds(),0,0),nullvector,IGNORE_PASSABLE+GLIDE);
return;
}

Code:

function GetSeconds()
{
if(gPause==1)
{
return(0);
}
return(time/16);
}

Quote:

Second hint:
The spear is an attached entity, and you have the same problem I had always with attaching entities. To realy fix the spear to the girl give the spear which has to be a unique entity an entity pointer:

I'll give it a try. I have some a clothes for her, but I was having problems with the move lag. I usually use C++ for entity attachment, but this demo is all in c-script, at least for now.

The game is going to be protect the forest from spirit dragons (oriental/viking wyrm). The trees will gen fruit and plant new ones. Bunnies will eat fruit and spread the seeds. Jags eat bunnies. Dragons eat and burn everything else. You pass a level by building up (Gia) life force of the land. Or this is the basic idea.

Thanx for the input, and will release another demo in a couple of days. I'm trying to do more of an iterative design approach. Unlike Warpbreaker (c) 2007 Moxiefish (All rights reserved) were I designed it from the start and stuck to it.

Re: Valatar [Re: Scramasax] #107258
01/18/07 19:13
01/18/07 19:13
Berlin
EX Citer Offline
Expert
EX Citer  Offline
Expert

Berlin
"Blame it on programmer art I really just haven't found an artist who can keep up with me or who'd help.
The verts are weighted wrong, and they're making her shoulders poof out. I really need to re-due her one more time."

haha I had the same problem. The shoulders were looking fine, but when I started to animate the shoulders were to big and I couldnt fix it afterwards because otherwise I had to redo some complicated animations.

Anyway in my new game I fixed that for absolutely the same model by simply moving the shoulder bones more inward. Looks much better when the hips are bigger than the shoulders. I would recomment you simply to scale the vertices of the hips larger in Y direction, because the hips are bigger in Y direction as the head. Anyway great game so far.

I donīt understand exactly what you did. But I am to 98% sure that the method I have explained to fix the "clothes" to the model will work. And I like keyboard controls better as mouse controls, because I donīt have to make a menu point where every player can adjust his mousespeed

Last edited by EX Citer; 01/18/07 19:15.

Re: Valatar [Re: Scramasax] #107259
01/25/07 09:44
01/25/07 09:44
USA San Diego CA
Scramasax Offline OP
Scramasax  Offline OP

USA San Diego CA
New version: Valatar (c) 2006-07 Moxifish (All rights reserved.)
Don't grow too many tree or the whole will get slow. ;( I put no limits in, so don't let it go more than 20 minutes.

Help with anim flickering in the trees?

Last edited by Scramasax; 01/25/07 09:59.

Re: Valatar [Re: Scramasax] #107260
01/25/07 10:24
01/25/07 10:24
Berlin
EX Citer Offline
Expert
EX Citer  Offline
Expert

Berlin
Hmm today is 25january07 not december. Anyway I will check this out.

EDIT: Well, interesting. But it would be nice if it would add something to the gameplay. For now itīs hard to say whatīs the target of the game.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de