by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (7th_zorro, degenerate_762, AndrewAMD, ozgur), 774 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Everybody has to start somewhere #114166
02/27/07 17:26
02/27/07 17:26
A
AciD_PlasmA Offline OP
AciD_PlasmA  Offline OP
A

Hello everyone.
There has been a lot of post in the past with people asking others with developing a game. Most of these people with little experience asking for programming/animators. Well, this post is for those asking for help. For those that have no experience and have a will to learn. I guess what I'm trying to say is you can't depend on others to help you make a game if you have nothing to show. This is why I have decided to take different route. A route where we will arm our selfs with knowledge first and then tackle on more difficult projects as we get better. This new team's main focus isn't about trying to create the next Halo or World of Warcraft. This team is made up of beginners that will be learning by exploring, trial and error, and most importantly their peers. This does not mean that I will be the leader since there will not really be real rank structure. (Only advisers, whom are people with some experience who are willing to sacrifice their time to mentor us) One of my other goals is to try and document our learning process. When somebody who is new to game development; it can be quite overwhelming; but if we start from square one I believe the newer member will have an easier time understanding. Since he/she will see the process from the beginning. (Makes sense?) The best way to get started is to learn something yourself. I'm no where near a programmer/artist (yet), but like most of you, I'm willing to learn. If this sounds like a project you'd be interested in helping with, stop by and visit our forum. Take a look around and register. (It's nothing to special yet, but we need a few to register and grow the community) If you are an experienced person and are willing to share some knowledge and answer a few questions newer members might have, I'm sure everybody would be quite grateful. Everybody is welcome to stop by and drop a line. Suggestions are always welcome.

AciD CreatioN

Re: Everybody has to start somewhere [Re: AciD_PlasmA] #114167
02/27/07 21:11
02/27/07 21:11
K
khanoftruth Offline
khanoftruth  Offline
K

Nice job man. Out of curiosity, what software are you packing.

The Galvanic Productions Hompage: www.GalvanicProductions.tk For our current project, click on the Nirvana link.

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de