Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/19/24 18:45
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, kzhao, 7th_zorro), 714 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
[intense-X] Touch and die? Sidescroller AI? #118131
03/18/07 22:39
03/18/07 22:39
trapped in a paper bag
Drew Offline OP
Serious User
Drew  Offline OP
Serious User

trapped in a paper bag
Is it possible to have the AI touch and kill/strip health on contact with the player?

Also, Is it possible to create left,right sidescroller AI?

thanks!

Drew Medina
Game Developer (Artist)
Personal & professional website
Deviant Art
My Blogspot
Re: [intense-X] Touch and die? Sidescroller AI? [Re: Drew] #118132
03/20/07 20:21
03/20/07 20:21
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Hi Drew,

Quote:

Is it possible to have the AI touch and kill/strip health on contact with the player?

Yes, all you have to do is give your enemies an unarmed weapon, that deals, say... 5 damage per half a second or less.. So the more the player touches the enemies, the more damage he gets..

I made this weapon for you.. I regret not having an unarmed weapon example in the demo, cause a lot of people are having problems adding one...

Take note on the 2 meters range that I've set, and how I setted the type of the weapon as unarmed. When the weapon is unarmed, no actual weapon model will be created, and the shot will come out from the enemy model's origin point. So if the origin point is around the belly of your enemy, like it should, the enemy will inflict damage when the player is within 2 meters in any direction from its belly. Make sure its firing and combat animations are the same with its normal standing/walking animations, if you don't want your enemies to react when their touched (like a typical platform game). Though, i think it might be nicer if you had a nice unarmed animation playing, so it looks like if the player is near, your enemies are punching at him and stuff.. Your call

Somesthing that you may miss when comparing to a platform game though, is how if you take damage, you might get bounced back, blinking and stuff.. You'll have to code the bouncing, blinking part on your own I'm afraid.. I'll look how i can make the IntenseX more platform-game friendly in later versions..

Quote:

Also, Is it possible to create left,right sidescroller AI?

Sure, there won't be much you'll have to do there. Assuming you have a thin rail floor in your level where everyone walks on, then your enemies will only need to go towards the player, who is also standing on the rail. One thing you might want to adjust, is the turn speed of your Npcs. Make this high, so the Npcs can turn from one direction to the other almost instantly, so they don't fall off the rail while trying to turn around.

Have fun! I've seen the game you're working on, and I was really amazed by the style and uniqueness! If I wasn't so incredibly busy at this time, I'd offer to set IntenseX for you just to have a chance to work on your game for a bit. If you're not in a hurry, tell me again in a month or two, and i'm sure i'll be thrilled to give you a hand on this.

Cheers,
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: [intense-X] Touch and die? Sidescroller AI? [Re: LarryLaffer] #118133
03/21/07 04:28
03/21/07 04:28
trapped in a paper bag
Drew Offline OP
Serious User
Drew  Offline OP
Serious User

trapped in a paper bag
excellent! Thanks Larry. I might take you up on that, I'll have to see how it goes, but again- I love intenseX.
I've just set it up to work in this project and its actually fun tweaking the cameras, etc... the integration into it was very easy as well... I'll try this out tomorrow night.
Thanks again

Drew Medina
Game Developer (Artist)
Personal & professional website
Deviant Art
My Blogspot

Moderated by  aztec, Blink, HeelX 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de