by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (M_D), 1,430 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Looking for a Team Member #132147
05/26/07 16:29
05/26/07 16:29
Florida
O
oldschoolj Offline OP
oldschoolj  Offline OP
O

Florida
Hi folks,

I am working mostly solo (w/ payed help), on a Aciton/RPG Multiplayer for commercial sale. I am looking for a team member to work on the project with me. If you do not have a project that you are working on, and would like to be a part of this genre of game, please PM me and I will Email you a teaser on the game. *you must first sign a non-discloser which does not obligate you in any way.

You may work on the project as much or as little as you choose, and work that you do do on the game will be fully documented and compensated through royalties.

I am looking for a partner that is knowledgable in the following areas:

1 - Programming

Able to work with C-Script or Lite-C or C++. Able to convert ideas into working code.

2 - Art

Modeling, texturing, animation, photoshop, or other.

3 - Conceptual

Level planning, story boarding, integration.

This project has great potential, and will be alot of fun to be apart of. The demo will be finished this year some time in the fall, and released as playable from levels 1-38. My goal is to establish a large user base, and aquire additional funding to develope the final release. I am talking with people from Midway, and AWE Productions currently.

If you choose to be a part of the project, you will not be obligated in any way, and can leave when ever you like. However there are some rules:

1- You will have to sign a non-disclosure and will not be able to share any of the projects information with anyone.

2- You will have to return any project related materials once you leave the project, and may not keep them for your self. If you develope any technology while working on the project you may keep it. However, any information that related to the project in any way must be returned to myself.

3- You will have to decide your level of involvement in the project once you decide to help out with it. This is to protect your own assets. For instance, lets say that you are a modeler, and you end up doing 20 models for the project. You will need to be compensated at some point, and to overcome problems that may evolve (there almost always is when money is the topic) we will need to decide how much compenstation you will recieve, and in what form.

Thanks for your time folks,

I look forward to working with you!

Jesse Koscik
Developer
"Project Hooked"
2 - Information Processesing

you can find me with my face in the keyboard, unshaven, listening to some nameless techno tragedy, and hashing through code over a cold cup a stale joe. __________________________________ yours truly
Re: Looking for a Team Member [Re: oldschoolj] #132148
10/15/07 01:32
10/15/07 01:32
USA
lionclaws Offline
lionclaws  Offline

USA
Dude!,you are looking for someone with all these experience:
1 - Programming

Able to work with C-Script or Lite-C or C++. Able to convert ideas into working code.

2 - Art

3 - Conceptual

Come on man.......be realistic and put a team together then decide as far as partnership goes.

Good lighting doesn't just happen,it's designed.
Re: Looking for a Team Member [Re: lionclaws] #132149
10/15/07 05:51
10/15/07 05:51
Guangzhou China
bomber Offline
bomber  Offline

Guangzhou China
Quote:

Dude!,you are looking for someone with all these experience:
1 - Programming

2 - Art

3 - Conceptual

Come on man.......be realistic and put a team together then decide as far as partnership goes.

lol! I agree

"I don't know what the facts are but somebody's certainly going to sit down with him and find out what he knows that they may not know, and make sure he knows what they know that he may not know."
————Donald Rumfeld
Re: Looking for a Team Member [Re: bomber] #132150
10/15/07 08:27
10/15/07 08:27
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
note all the "or"s. just coz u guys don't qualify, doesn't mean he's not being realistic. i would apply if it wasn't bad timing for me school-wise and the genre wasn't in my black-list. still, i'm sure i'm not the only one who fits enough of that criteria to apply.

Quote:

You may work on the project as much or as little as you choose

that part's particularly nice to me it'd be worth at least contributing a bit for practice's sake.

@oldschoolj: if this project is still alive in a couple of months i may be able to join you, but the timing isn't great. i'm mostly posting to encourage you from the point of view that it actually isn't an unrealistic ask -- or at least not as unrealistic as it is made out to be.

julz

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Re: Looking for a Team Member [Re: JibbSmart] #132151
10/15/07 09:00
10/15/07 09:00
Netherlands
Joozey Offline
Expert
Joozey  Offline
Expert

Netherlands
This was posted 5 months ago?

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs
Re: Looking for a Team Member [Re: Joozey] #132152
10/15/07 09:30
10/15/07 09:30
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
oh man i didn't notice. and then i was abouta blame bomber who keeps resurrecting old threads around the place (or at least on a couple of occasions) just to agree with someone, but here it's lionclaws. i'm sure oldschoolj loves your belated input mate

julz

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Re: Looking for a Team Member [Re: Joozey] #132153
10/15/07 13:28
10/15/07 13:28
Tachys Offline
Tachys  Offline

Quote:

This was posted 5 months ago?

Yeah, the whole '...The demo will be finished this year some time in the fall...' thing had me chuckling a little, since there's about a month or two left of fall. Then I saw this post and looked back and laughed at myself instead.

Re: Looking for a Team Member [Re: Tachys] #132154
10/15/07 18:06
10/15/07 18:06
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
Quote:

Then I saw this post and looked back and laughed at myself instead.

why is the demo almost finished! that would be awesome if it was, I know weve been seeing him pop up every where with contributions of different things he is using in his game, all very nice ones.

Re: Looking for a Team Member [Re: lostclimate] #132155
10/15/07 19:36
10/15/07 19:36
The Netherlands
Helghast Offline
Expert
Helghast  Offline
Expert

The Netherlands
Quote:

Quote:

Then I saw this post and looked back and laughed at myself instead.

why is the demo almost finished! that would be awesome if it was, I know weve been seeing him pop up every where with contributions of different things he is using in his game, all very nice ones.

Trust me, i helped him on the programming part, and my friend jesse is doing a great job!
though i cant aid him in art, the things he's shown (under NDA) were looking really good, i never had any idea 3dgs could run THAT much polygons!

though i couldnt help on concept at all, trust me this game is worthy, he did a great job creating a FULL game on his own, people should learn from that.

regards,

Formerly known as dennis_fantasy
Portfolio - http://www.designorhea.com/
Project - http://randomchance.cherrygames.org/
Re: Looking for a Team Member [Re: Helghast] #132156
10/15/07 20:31
10/15/07 20:31
Netherlands
Joozey Offline
Expert
Joozey  Offline
Expert

Netherlands
Any reference links to the progresses?

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de