Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, Nymphodora, VoroneTZ), 1,485 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Re: What are we really? [Re: PHeMoX] #135067
06/20/07 13:44
06/20/07 13:44
Deutsch Niedersachsen
Puppeteer Offline
Expert
Puppeteer  Offline
Expert

Deutsch Niedersachsen
Quote:

I know why I am able to think, I simply can because I can. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to think that I can think. There are even people who say or have said that that's the proof for their existence.

Wrong!
Right way:
I know I am able to think, I simply can because I can.

But i don't think so.
The problem of those threads like this one is that all of you are mixing philosophy and science so science is how it really is and philosophy how humans call it and think about it, so philosophy describes those things.

So both are completly different and you can't mix them...
But both are right.

Philosophy:
Soul <- How we see/feel it / how we call it

Science:
1000s of chemical reactions <-How it really is / Whats behind this what we call soul

Quote:

Why the "chemicals" mix, is probably more a matter of chemistry than that is has anything to do with a soul. There's no magical force that stops or makes these chemicals react,

Right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

@ Phemox:
lol, right xD

Last edited by derOmega; 06/20/07 16:18.

Formally known as Omega
Avatar randomness by Quadraxas & Blade
http://omegapuppeteer.mybrute.com
Re: What are we really? [Re: Puppeteer] #135068
06/20/07 15:46
06/20/07 15:46
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

Quote:

I know why I am able to think, I simply can because I can. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to think that I can think.

Wrong!
Right way:
I know I am able to think, I simply can because I can.

I didn't say that, I said I know why I am able to think, not why I am thinking. A small difference, so it was correct after all.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: What are we really? [Re: PHeMoX] #135069
06/20/07 19:58
06/20/07 19:58
Coppell, Texas
Ran Man Offline
Expert
Ran Man  Offline
Expert

Coppell, Texas
Hi,

Hmmn, yes to me, the soul is your eternal concsiousness or your own personality.

Quote:

Why the "chemicals" mix, is probably more a matter of chemistry

Yes, but the key word here is PROBABLY.

But actually nobody can say for sure.

Interesting though, you might be thinking:
RAN IS CRAZY!

or maybe thinking:

WHO CAN BELIEVE IN THE ETERNAL OR A SOUL ?!

But whatever your ideas, the fact is that science cannot explain WHY you think and have thoughts.

I know the chemicals mix, but nobody knows why.

Now that is only because science cannot explain the supernatural. It's great for physical stuff, but horrible at spirit stuff. Yes?

It's a funny world that we live in, lol

Cougar Interactive

www.zoorace.com
Re: What are we really? [Re: Ran Man] #135070
07/18/07 14:31
07/18/07 14:31
A
Arathas Offline
Arathas  Offline
A

Quote:

But whatever your ideas, the fact is that science cannot explain WHY you think and have thoughts.

There's no why. "Why" is a human kind of question, something only a human can come up with. Life needs no explanation. You don't go asking "Why does this stone exist" either, do you? A stone is a stone and we take it as it is. As a stone. No one asks: "WHY is that stone?" Everyone seems to be pretty satisfied with the fact that dead matter is nothing special, but as soon as it comes to life, we begin asking "why".

Plase read my posting in the "Science and creation"-Thread. I think that nature had thousands or billions (or infinite) tries on life. One of these tries produced humans. Humans tend to ask "why?", and that's it. Sheeps tend to say "Baaaah", and that's it.

Humans are one of nature's products, and nature will not hesitate to answer some of our questions. Instead it will keep going on producing life, changing life, destroying life. Question is not "Why does nature produce life?", because the answer would only be "Because it can." And if something is possible, it will happen. And if it's impossible, maybe it'll take a bit longer to happen.

Last edited by Arathas; 07/18/07 14:32.
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite