by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (TedMar, AndrewAMD, dr_panther, 1 invisible), 1,186 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Different screen resolutions from command line #9261
06/04/02 18:52
06/04/02 18:52

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Hi,

I'm currently developing a file packer tool (www.geeknews.dk) named GRS. I have almost everything that the end user should do, except for one little issue. The user should be able to define the screen resolutions from the start.

How can I via acknex.exe (command line options) start my game in different screen resolutions?

Cheers
rjpa

Re: Different screen resolutions from command line #9262
06/05/02 07:32
06/05/02 07:32
London, England
Keith B [Ambit] Offline
Expert
Keith B [Ambit]  Offline
Expert

London, England
By using the -d commandline option and ifdef and endif in the WDL script. Actually my own freeware tool, GS-Startup Manager, already does this, as well as providing a setup panel allowing the user to choose resolution, and a splash screen and loading bar for non-Pro owners. Version 2.0 will be out in a couple of weeks:

-

The loading bar supports games packed with GST-Builder and Brain Editor (ie. it shows the progress of the unpacking process). I would be interesting in supporting your packer if you are interested.

Cheers,
Keith

Re: Different screen resolutions from command line #9263
06/04/02 20:04
06/04/02 20:04

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Wow thats great.
Is there a Link to your Startup Manager?
Any chance's to put own picture into it?

Re: Different screen resolutions from command line #9264
06/04/02 20:19
06/04/02 20:19
London, England
Keith B [Ambit] Offline
Expert
Keith B [Ambit]  Offline
Expert

London, England
Hi Madcat, yes, everything is fully customisable (picture, icon, all text on all buttons even, if you really want to change it); there are also currently six different styles of setup panel to choose from. Version 2.0 isn't out yet (it now detects video card[s] too instead of saying "Primary Display Driver" etc). Version 1.3a can be found here:

http://www.rumramruf.com/GSFinishingSuite.html

However, I wouldn't recommend using it for anything other than the Pro version, as there is a bug that causes system crashes with other versions - it would be better to wait until v2.0 is released (all bugs have been fixed for 2.0 along with all the new features). I'll post in User Contributions when the new version (and new website) is up (as it uses A5 features only available in Beta at the moment it will be after the next A5 update).

@Ripa, sorry, didn't mean to hijack your post. I've checked out your file-packer and it's a nice program. I see there is already a setup panel so you probably won't want to use mine. In the spirit of healthy competition, if you download the old version of GS-Startup Manager from the link above, you will find a WDL script called "scrnres.wdl". This does what you want - you can then start up the game using commandlines such as "-d 640x480x16" etc. Just give me a small credit and maybe a link in the readme or somewhere if you use it. [Smile]

Cheers,
Keith

Re: Different screen resolutions from command line #9265
06/04/02 20:23
06/04/02 20:23

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Okey I see,

Well for any matter, this is also a kind of Setup/Start launcher, it also have progress bar, and you can also have your own loading screen image. Everything is customizble, such as text, icon, version info (on compiled .exe) etc. GRS are capable of compile a standalone .exe with all information stored in .exe file, so no need for external icons .ini files. Only loading images are external at this point.

Well, I think of letting your GS-Startup manager supporting .grs files.

Cheers
rjpa

Re: Different screen resolutions from command line #9266
06/04/02 20:26
06/04/02 20:26

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Hi Keith,

Thanks [Smile] Of course I will credit your work. Now I know a little more.

Cheers
rjpa

Moderated by  HeelX, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de