by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,078 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 2
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: A7 vs A6 [Re: Memphis] #145535
09/04/07 21:12
09/04/07 21:12
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline
Warned

U.S.
"if you are not going to upgrade to a7 anyways, then why did you start the thread...."
Hmmm, I didnt start the thread , lol , maybe you shouldl read it from the begining. It's funny to see all the programmers defend their "programming" , lol , I know how to script , pretty good to , but I also know how to model, texture , map , and design , so I dont look at gamestudio as a sole programming application , in fact , it's the complete opposite. Now I see ur a noob who probably doesnt have any idea of what he's doing or talking about , or the purpose of the tool he speaks of is , so why dont you get better informed before makingn senseless and irrelevant posts.

Re: A7 vs A6 [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #145536
09/05/07 00:11
09/05/07 00:11
M
Memphis Offline
Memphis  Offline
M

ive worked on many engines in the past, and many commercial applications, i guaruntee i know a heck of alot more then you'll ever know...you sound very childish...and i did not say it was a sole development tool, i said if you do not know how to program ( refering to an earlier post ) then why try to develope a game unless it was a hobby, in which case you dont need to be arsey about the tool you are using... the developers of the software will be spending alot of time and putting alot of effort into the application, if you think you can do better, why dont you try for yourself... if not then like i said, request features, dont try to put them down on what they've developed for the public, if one day they got sick of .... like you, they may stop developing for the public and sell only too large companies. (i cant imagine this, but its a possibilty) if they had more money then brains im sure they would of banned you already, but i think they are smart enough to ignore an idiot like yourself.

Meka][Meka || TeamElite Owner Meka-Meka Programmers
Re: A7 vs A6 [Re: Memphis] #145537
09/05/07 01:19
09/05/07 01:19
22�21'24"N 114�07'30"E
Frederick_Lim Offline
User
Frederick_Lim  Offline
User

22�21'24"N 114�07'30"E
Quote:

A7 itself is not much more powerfull than A6 , And lite-C itself is worthless to me because C-Script was good enough to get the job done
I just really feel the time spent on A7's features coulda been much better spent on other more usefull features to the average gamestudio developer.
I really thought A7 was going to have all this new features ready to use out of the box , just being able to add a dynamic light and have it be a good per pixel lighting light , have good working dynamic soft shadows , shader editor (preferably ingame) , ingame level editor , ingame terrain editor , ingame light editor (like dynalights) , Sphere like rendering , much better templates that could actually be used in a commercial game

And he already made his conclusion:
Quote:

I'm personally not purchasing A7 untill the new forecaast features get implemented into the engine.

I agree with Why_Do_I_Die, A7 should have more easy eye candy features, for average developer. In fact I want those too. I believe Conitec's developers will work hard to achieve those things.

Although at this moment, lite-C does not made a distinct different between A6 and A7, especially the new light mapper and template system are not finish. But A7 is no way worst then A6.

Re: A7 vs A6 [Re: Frederick_Lim] #145538
09/05/07 02:21
09/05/07 02:21
Norway
D
Darkyyes Offline
Darkyyes  Offline
D

Norway
Ok.. I started reading this topic from page 7 and went to page 6 then 5 and then I started from 1 to get the hold of this discussion.
at page 7 and 6 I thought 'why do i die' was just a trouble maker but then I realized that actually he's completly right in many aspects.

I would expect conitec to add more rendering features than what's currently right now I don't see diffrences between except render2texture and unlimited physics but this is not engine changes as its only lisencing changes.

but with all the features adding that A7 is going to get is looking alot better I think but it's still not there,
right now A7 is alittle worse in condition than A7
thanks to
-worse GUI
-still menu disapearance's when entity properties is open or still open under game runtime
-still same problem when aligning object through the z,x,y lines as when the mouse gets close to current selected window edge the objects starts going wild in aligning and ends up far away from current position.

more examples on programming,artpipeline and such would'nt hurt
like how many poly's for a fps player model
how much poly for 3rd person player models
like Dx10 feature would be a more significiant engine upgrade.

New to lite-c and gamestudio in general, thank you for reading.
Com, A7 v7.7
Re: A7 vs A6 [Re: Darkyyes] #145539
09/05/07 08:30
09/05/07 08:30
Frankfurt
jcl Offline

Chief Engineer
jcl  Offline

Chief Engineer

Frankfurt
This thread went off topic and became emotional -> closed. Please refrain from personal attacks and from spamming useful threads with emotional or nonsensical posts. Trolls will be banned in the future when they disturb the communication on the forum.

A7 is a different engine and thus naturally has it's pros and cons compared to A6. However it's finished, meaning that it won't get any better and there's nothing to develop any further with it, aside from possible bug fixes. The next engine to develop will be A8 and that's far in the future .

As you can see on the forecast page, the development focus in the next time is indeed 'eye candy', like shaders, shadowmapping etc, and the editors.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  HeelX, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de