by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
5 registered members (RealSerious3D, AndrewAMD, chsmac85, dr_panther, TedMar), 942 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Voice Actors [Re: Nagashi] #154290
09/17/07 02:23
09/17/07 02:23
Connecticut, USA
Blink Offline

Expert
Blink  Offline

Expert

Connecticut, USA
if you have a wire clothes hanger shaped into a circle and a nylon women stocking(panty hose), you now have an old school pop stopper. i am older than you oldschoolj, lol.

My Famous Quotes: "Hip hop is like a virus, infecting everyone and everything around it. Every form of media has some way,shape or form, assimilated hip hop into it." It has also mutated into other strains like, trip hop, house, rap, gangster, and conscious forms. Once you are infected with it, its with you for life."
Re: Voice Actors [Re: Blink] #154291
09/17/07 03:23
09/17/07 03:23
Florida
O
oldschoolj Offline OP
oldschoolj  Offline OP
O

Florida
I'm glad, because I didnt want to think that I was the oldest person on these forums, lol

you can find me with my face in the keyboard, unshaven, listening to some nameless techno tragedy, and hashing through code over a cold cup a stale joe. __________________________________ yours truly
Re: Voice Actors [Re: oldschoolj] #154292
09/17/07 18:48
09/17/07 18:48
Lighthope Offline
Lighthope  Offline

Jesee,

Quote:

and would require you to view the animations sequences and lypsynch to them

Generally speaking, you want to get your voices first and then construct the animation around the dialogue. At least, this is pretty much how I understand it to be done and how I've had it done to my voice in the past. But admittedly the mechanics are beyond me. I'm just an actor.

Quote:

I may not have time to finish either of these because I don't have the time and I want to release the game by late october, early november,, so we will see.

Well, I can at least speak from experience that you should try your best. Better to delay a release than release something and then bash yourself for leaving something out.

Quote:

For now I really need help with the NPC's, and the AI controlled heroes that the player can hire in towns. so to Blink and Lighthope, I would have to give this some more thought... But thanks alot for replying!

If you're ever interested, just drop me an e-mail.

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - Allow me to introduce my selves...

--== TIGERS' QUEST - www.tigersquest.com
--== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS - www.dwad.net

Re: Voice Actors [Re: Lighthope] #154293
09/17/07 19:43
09/17/07 19:43
Florida
O
oldschoolj Offline OP
oldschoolj  Offline OP
O

Florida
ya like i said ive never done this sort of thing before. I can say this, all of my ingame characters and NPC's have full speaking, lypsynching capabilities, they are even able to match what you say and automatically move their mouths and muscles in their faces to match your words. But the software is very expensive and i can't afford to liscence it out. So I'm not sure what to do...

you can find me with my face in the keyboard, unshaven, listening to some nameless techno tragedy, and hashing through code over a cold cup a stale joe. __________________________________ yours truly
Re: Voice Actors [Re: oldschoolj] #154294
09/17/07 20:31
09/17/07 20:31
Lighthope Offline
Lighthope  Offline

Quote:

ya like i said ive never done this sort of thing before. I can say this, all of my ingame characters and NPC's have full speaking, lypsynching capabilities, they are even able to match what you say and automatically move their mouths and muscles in their faces to match your words. But the software is very expensive and i can't afford to liscence it out. So I'm not sure what to do...

Ultima IX had full dialogue without mouth animation and it didn't bother me. I wouldn't worry about it.

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - Ask people why they have deer heads on their walls and they tell you it's because they're such beautiful animals. I think my wife is beautiful, but I only have photographs of her on the wall.

--== TIGERS' QUEST - www.tigersquest.com
--== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS - www.dwad.net

Re: Voice Actors [Re: Lighthope] #154295
09/28/07 02:36
09/28/07 02:36
M
Metal_Man Offline
Metal_Man  Offline
M

Is this voice acting offer still available?

I have a low (bass) voice with good presence and experience in both singing and stage acting. I am also experienced in speaking to a microphone in a way that produces good sound.

I can also do some accents:
-monotone like a robot
-mexican, sort of
-American
-Arnold Schwarzenegger
-old guy
-falsetto (man faking a womans voice)
-and some others

Re: Voice Actors [Re: Metal_Man] #154296
09/28/07 12:33
09/28/07 12:33
Florida
O
oldschoolj Offline OP
oldschoolj  Offline OP
O

Florida
@ Metal_man
Well I do have a race of creatures called MechaAI, they were origonally created by a superior alien race that inhabited the planet long before humanoids. They are artificial life, and although I havnt given much thought to the way they sound when speaking, you could give me a pm with some robot like voices, and we can see if that fits.

Re: Voice Actors [Re: oldschoolj] #154297
09/29/07 21:03
09/29/07 21:03
San Francisco
JetpackMonkey Offline
Serious User
JetpackMonkey  Offline
Serious User

San Francisco
Maybe you should put up a poster around the nearest high school drama club/class, a college theater arts department, or a community theater center.
They'll probably work for free and you'd have a consistent recording session where you have control, rather than the crusty sound-work of a bunch of cruddy geek microphones

Re: Voice Actors [Re: JetpackMonkey] #154298
09/29/07 21:48
09/29/07 21:48
Florida
O
oldschoolj Offline OP
oldschoolj  Offline OP
O

Florida
I've got great results from people so far
but thats a good idea

Re: Voice Actors [Re: oldschoolj] #154299
10/06/07 03:36
10/06/07 03:36
M
Metal_Man Offline
Metal_Man  Offline
M

lol, high-school actors have constantly full schedules: I've lost so much time to the musical "Anything Goes" and will probably lose a lot more time by the end. (It's a wonder how I cram in time for homework and GameStudio projects.... It's also a wonder how I'll then cram in time for recording my voice, but I'll just have to force it to work. )

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de