by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (dr_panther, 7th_zorro), 1,203 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
FBX Material issue #155567
09/20/07 04:03
09/20/07 04:03
M
maxxoros Offline OP
maxxoros  Offline OP
M

1. FBX import now dont import the texture. I test with FBX export from Maya or 3DSMax.

vorisimo also report it in my previous thread

Quote:

The materials also do not seem to be importing correctly. From the manual: "Import an animated model in FBX file format, including the textures, materials , and bones."
I am using the FBXfiles.dll from this Post.

I gave an object (one group) a material skin in MED (No skin mapping, no texture) and exported the model to FBX (11.2006). When I import the FBX (same version) back into MED, the material is now a skin (Texture in MED). It doesn't show up in MED, but does show up in the engine preview, but it's not the same color as my material settings. See the pic below (the top pic is the original MDL, the bottom pic is the imported FBX version).

I also gave an object (one group) two material skins, one on half the faces and the other on the other half. I exported to FBX again and reimported to MED. Two skins are imported but only one appears in the engine preview, but again the wrong color.
See the pic below (the top pic is the original MDL, the bottom pic is the imported FBX version).

If MED can't import what it has exported I don't expect this to work with MAX. MED does successfully import materials from 3DStudio. Does FBX really support materials?

2. if I have multimesh with multi texture in model, some meshes share 1 texture, MED cant assign that texture to mesh share texture, but only 1.

Re: FBX Material issue [Re: maxxoros] #155568
09/24/07 08:22
09/24/07 08:22
Frankfurt
jcl Offline

Chief Engineer
jcl  Offline

Chief Engineer

Frankfurt
If you encounter any problems with a particular FBX file, please contact the support and attache the FBX file so that the problem can be verified.

FBX is supposed to import meshes, textures, materials and bones.

Re: FBX Material issue [Re: jcl] #155569
09/24/07 09:57
09/24/07 09:57
M
maxxoros Offline OP
maxxoros  Offline OP
M

I have sent the model with flip texture issue to stolipin@conitec.com from request at http://www.coniserver.net/ubbthreads/sho...e=0&fpart=2

Hope you could work out the issue soon.

I am eager to help finding issue for this plugin, so the bone animation with 3DGS could be solved for 1 and forever with fbx format

Last edited by maxxoros; 09/24/07 09:58.

Moderated by  old_bill, Tobias 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de