by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (VoroneTZ, 7th_zorro), 1,071 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Bounci Madness (Online MP-Game) #163275
10/25/07 15:52
10/25/07 15:52
/www/europe/ germany/index.php
TSG_Torsten Offline OP

User
TSG_Torsten  Offline OP

User

German:

Hi,
nach längerer Zeit möchte ich nun auch mal wieder ein Projekt von mir vorstellen, welches momentan von der Funktionalität bereits im Fortgeschrittenen Beta-Stadium ist.

Worum geht's?
Nunja, eigentlich wollte ich dieses Projekt gar nicht zu einem Spiel ausarten lassen, da ich eigentlich nur die Multiplayer-Funktionalität der Engine (insbesondere Entity-Transfer) testen wollte. Da es aber nach den ersten Tests bereits richtig Spaß gemacht hat, habe ich mich entschlossen, es als ganzes Spiel fertig zu stellen.

Man spielt eine Physikalische Kugel, welche man durch die Tastatur und Maus steuern kann. Die anderen Spieler machen genau dasselbe, und je nach Spielmodi gibt es verschiedene Ziele: Bei "Bounci Race" z.b. muss man als erster ins Ziel rollen, bei "Area War" muss man versuchen, die anderen herunter zu schmeißen und bei "Collecting" muss man Objekte, die auf der Map auftauchen, einsammeln.
Der spaßigste Spielmodus ist allerdings "Sudden Death". Hierbei befindet man sich in einer Arena, welche sich immer mehr neigt. Wer am Ende noch oben ist, hat gewonnen.

Featureliste:
-Frei konfigurierbarer, dedizierter Server
-Dynamische Serverliste
-4 Spielmodi, (momentan) 10 Maps
-Menü im CS:S Style
-Bis zu 20 Spieler pro Server

Technische Informationen:
Die Physik läuft komplett auf dem Server, d.h. die Clienten senden lediglich Steuerbefehle. Somit sind Manipulationen fast ausgeschlossen, zum anderen ist das ganze aber auch ein wenig dräge, der Ping sollte nicht höher als 150 ms sein.
Die Serverliste aktualisiert sich alle 40 Sekunden und zeigt den Zustand aller einzelnen Server an (Servername, Spielmodi, Karte, Spieler, Passwortschutz)

Stabilität:
Mit der letzten Beta-Version wurde ein "Public-Beta-Test" durchgeführt.
Ergebnis: Der Server lief ohne Probleme über 6 Stunden, insgesamt waren 20 Spieler gejoint, gleichzeitig waren bis zu 5 Spieler online. Probleme traten nur gelegentlich beim Clienten auf, die durch ein Reconnect jedoch weg waren.

Genug geredet Lieber mal ein paar Screenshots:

English:
Hi,
I want to show you one of my projects, which is currently in an advanced beta stadium.

What is it about?
Well, actually I don't want to let this project become a game. I just wanted to test the engine transfer system (especially Entity-Transfer). But after the first tests it was so funny that i decided to make a game.

You play a physically ball, which you can control with keyboard and mouse. The others player do the same at all, and in dependence of the game mode you're playing you have different targets: In "Bounci Race" for example you've to reach the finish as the first, in "Area War" you've to drop the others from the map and in "Collecting" you've to collect items on the map.
But the funniest mode is "Sudden Death": There you play in an area which is tilt more and more.

Feature-List:
-Free configurable, dedicated server
-Dynamic server-list
-4 Game Modes, (at the moment) 10 Maps
-Menu in CS:S style
-Up to 20 players per server

Technical information:
The physics is running completly on the server, that means the clients just send controling orders. The advantage: It's almost impossible that the client can manipulate the game. The disadvantage: It isn't very fast.
The server-list is refreshing every 40 seconds and shows the status of each server (servername, Game mode, Map, Player, Password)

Ok, enough text, now I will show some screens

GamePlay Movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvMGNbuRgnM

Die Server-Liste im Menü

Das gesamte Menü besteht aus frei beweglichen Dialogfeldern.

Jeder Spieler besitzt einen Namen über seiner Kugel, damit man die einzelnen Leute besser auseinander halten kann.

In diesem Level ist die Platform unten physikalisch, d.h. sie neigt sich zu der Seite, auf der die Kugeln liegen.

Würde mich über konstruktive Kritik, Vorschläge und Ideen, und natürlich über Lob freuen

I would be pleased about every constructive critics, suggestions and ideas, and of course compliments

Gruß
TSGames

Last edited by TSG_Torsten; 10/26/07 00:39.
Re: Bounci Madness (Online MP-Spiel) [Re: TSG_Torsten] #163276
10/25/07 16:02
10/25/07 16:02
EpsiloN Offline
User
EpsiloN  Offline
User

I dont speak German This looks very interesting , not only because its multiplayer , its a strange gameplay for a multiplayer I'd love to see it in action (movie)

Extensive Multiplayer tutorial:
http://mesetts.com/index.php?page=201
Re: Bounci Madness (Online MP-Spiel) [Re: TSG_Torsten] #163277
10/25/07 16:07
10/25/07 16:07
Deutschland, NRW, Recklinghaus...
TSG_Christof Offline
TSG_Christof  Offline

Deutschland, NRW, Recklinghaus...
Es macht echt riesen Spass das Spiel zu spielen. Es gibt tolle Spielmodis wo es manchmal um Haaresbreite um Gewinnen und Verlieren geht. Endlich mal wieder ein Spiel was Spass macht und keine Gewalt beherbergt, da ich ein Beta-Tester bin kann ich auch mit ruhigen gewissen sagen, dass die Physik auch gut funktioniert.

Re: Bounci Madness (Online MP-Spiel) [Re: EpsiloN] #163278
10/25/07 16:27
10/25/07 16:27
TSG_Torsten Offline OP

User
TSG_Torsten  Offline OP

User

Quote:

I dont speak German This looks very interesting , not only because its multiplayer , its a strange gameplay for a multiplayer I'd love to see it in action (movie)

I've now also translated it into English

Maybe I will record a small gameplay movie next time.

Regards
TSGames

Re: Bounci Madness (Online MP-Spiel) [Re: TSG_Torsten] #163279
10/25/07 16:45
10/25/07 16:45
EpsiloN Offline
User
EpsiloN  Offline
User

What is Entity-Transfers ?
About the Sudden death game mode , it sounds a little boring , so I'll give you an idea You could make a level 'destroy' itself from the sides to the center (or the other way if you want) with 'mazes' from each side (probably from 8 or more sides) and have an open 'arena' area in the middle for the last standing to push eachother until one remains But this idea will be hard to implement because it'll require a lot of bandwidth to synchronise on all clients , the other way is 'client' side,but has to be timed exactly the same on all clients...

PS.: Sounds great , btw , something that I'd love to play (Like I played Ballance once )

Extensive Multiplayer tutorial:
http://mesetts.com/index.php?page=201
Re: Bounci Madness (Online MP-Spiel) [Re: EpsiloN] #163280
10/25/07 17:19
10/25/07 17:19
TSG_Torsten Offline OP

User
TSG_Torsten  Offline OP

User

Quote:

What is Entity-Transfers ?
About the Sudden death game mode , it sounds a little boring , so I'll give you an idea You could make a level 'destroy' itself from the sides to the center (or the other way if you want) with 'mazes' from each side (probably from 8 or more sides) and have an open 'arena' area in the middle for the last standing to push eachother until one remains But this idea will be hard to implement because it'll require a lot of bandwidth to synchronise on all clients , the other way is 'client' side,but has to be timed exactly the same on all clients...

PS.: Sounds great , btw , something that I'd love to play (Like I played Ballance once )

Well, Sudden Death sounds boring, but it's really very very funny.
To your idea: It's very hard to create "destroying" levels because they need many small pieces, and how you've already said, it need a lot of bandwith.

Regards
TSGames

Re: Bounci Madness (Online MP-Spiel) [Re: TSG_Torsten] #163281
10/25/07 18:53
10/25/07 18:53
Antwerp,Belgium
frazzle Offline
Expert
frazzle  Offline
Expert

Antwerp,Belgium
Nice concept again TSG_Torsten, it looks FUN to play in MP mode
I must say that your projects keep being quite creative
Good job !!

Cheers

Frazzle

Antec® Case
Intel® X58 Chipset
Intel® i7 975 Quad Core
8 GB RAM DDR3
SSD OCZ®-VERTEX2 3.5 x4 ; HD 600 GB
NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 295 Memory 1795GB
Re: Bounci Madness (Online MP-Spiel) [Re: frazzle] #163282
10/25/07 20:18
10/25/07 20:18
Germany
Scorpion Offline
Serious User
Scorpion  Offline
Serious User

Germany
hey sounds pretty cool, would be great if we could get a demo

Also cool under the aspect, that it is made with gs mp...that would be the first _really_ working demo i see

Re: Bounci Madness (Online MP-Spiel) [Re: TSG_Torsten] #163283
10/25/07 21:39
10/25/07 21:39
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
Quote:

Maybe I will record a small gameplay movie next time.

Please! Would like to see how it works!

You could add a set of avatars to choose from and set as sprites above the name of the gamer!

Re: Bounci Madness (Online MP-Spiel) [Re: Pappenheimer] #163284
10/26/07 00:42
10/26/07 00:42
TSG_Torsten Offline OP

User
TSG_Torsten  Offline OP

User

@Pappenheimer: I think the idea of avatars isn't bad at all, but I don't know whether it is reasonable because you can't see much of the player objects then

--Update--

I've now also record a small GamePlay Movie (thanks to TSG | Christof and Alexx for being players and hosting a server!)
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvMGNbuRgnM

Regards
TSGames

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de