by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,078 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
How can Gamestudio be used for research? #11259
12/14/02 02:40
12/14/02 02:40

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

How can i use the Gamestudio engine for scientific research? I would like to use the processing power of the internet to do research. I'm college student so please speech in english.

Re: How can Gamestudio be used for research? #11260
12/14/02 04:24
12/14/02 04:24
Bay Area
Doug Offline
Senior Expert
Doug  Offline
Senior Expert

Bay Area
What sort of scientific research are you doing?

Conitec's Free Resources:
User Magazine || Docs and Tutorials || WIKI
Re: How can Gamestudio be used for research? #11261
12/14/02 11:09
12/14/02 11:09
USA - Tennessee
JayG Offline
JayG  Offline

USA - Tennessee
Are you talking about distributing the work to multiple computers across the internet ?

Re: How can Gamestudio be used for research? #11262
12/27/02 05:34
12/27/02 05:34

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

You can do research with Game Studio by producing advanced "Learning Based" Artificial Intelligence systems. One research company in England produced such a system but with their own game engine. The article said they produced the artificial intelligence modules so their characters "LEARNED" new behaviors based upon their environment.

Re: How can Gamestudio be used for research? #11263
01/01/03 09:52
01/01/03 09:52

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

kinda like the creatures series right? isnt that system called a-life or something?

Re: How can Gamestudio be used for research? #11264
01/01/03 11:42
01/01/03 11:42

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Artificial Life or "A-Life" refers to multi-agent systems that attempt to apply some of the universal properties of living systems to Ai agents in virtual worlds.

I think what they made were Neural Networks
but then again i know little about neural networks, so i may be totally wrong.

has anyone in the forum added flocking succesfully to thair AI, i would really like to know that?

and for those who do not know what it is.......

Flocking: is a subcatagory of "A-Life" that focuses on techniques for cordinating such that AI agent manuever remarkably lifelike herds and flocks.

Re: How can Gamestudio be used for research? #11265
01/01/03 18:15
01/01/03 18:15

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

doesnt seem like it would be too hard... just like the world, you'd have to have alot of randomness... well alot of stuff based on little things...

im kinda working on smart ai... i try to get all the factors to influence their attitude and relationships with others... i started with having 700 in a city... then it went down to 150-200 when i realized how slow it got once it reached 300 people... the hardest part so far is path finding... i think i'll be able to do the other stuff more easier then the path finding. im trying to keep my game simple yet complex(hard for me to do).. by that i mean i want to let the player play the game simplely... but i want the peds to be complex with their thoughts and why they do things... my game is basically a life simulation(like the sims except 3rd person, and with the bad parts of life accessable... you could say a gta+sims game)...

so i think it will require me to do alot... dont think it would get anywhere near the level of a-life(then again i dont really know how far that is)... woah... ive said too much... but back to flocking... i think it should just be a combination of enviorment, variables of the AI's mind, and situation... then again i dont really know much about AI yet... i just know how to think [Smile] ...

Moderated by  HeelX, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de