by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (vicknick, dr_panther, VoroneTZ), 1,255 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 2
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: XNA 2 is out!!!! [Re: sueds] #172906
12/18/07 09:25
12/18/07 09:25
Portugal - Brazil
XNASorcerer Offline OP
Expert
XNASorcerer  Offline OP
Expert

Portugal - Brazil
Quote:

you should be less agressive. I don;t know if you are working for microsoft but its only an game engine ... People are livin out there dont you know ?

I am having fun with it! And no, it is not a game engine. It is a game API that allows you to make a game engine pretty fast.

Quote:

There's a lot fun for programming but not
game making.

@Sorcerer, I'm jealous you

vlau, I am really enjoying every step. And at least, I am doing something else beside been waiting for some engine's developers to fix little bugs or implement certains features, taking months and years for that.

Re: XNA 2 is out!!!! [Re: XNASorcerer] #172907
12/18/07 09:45
12/18/07 09:45
HK
V
vlau Offline
Serious User
vlau  Offline
Serious User
V

HK
Have you try Visual3D.net?

Seems like they doing the same thing like you did.

Re: XNA 2 is out!!!! [Re: vlau] #172908
12/18/07 09:56
12/18/07 09:56
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Interesting links and good infos. Thanks XNA-sorcerer.

I agree with vlau. Visual3D.net looks interesting, easy usage, good tool-set and modern rendering. Some friends of mine already checked it and found it very good.

The only issue I have is: they don't say anything about scene-management in their feature list. If they don't have any then it will only be suited for small scenes.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: XNA 2 is out!!!! [Re: XNASorcerer] #172909
12/18/07 10:07
12/18/07 10:07
The Netherlands
Helghast Offline
Expert
Helghast  Offline
Expert

The Netherlands
Quote:

Quote:

you should be less agressive. I don;t know if you are working for microsoft but its only an game engine ... People are livin out there dont you know ?

I am having fun with it! And no, it is not a game engine. It is a game API that allows you to make a game engine pretty fast.

Quote:

There's a lot fun for programming but not
game making.

@Sorcerer, I'm jealous you

vlau, I am really enjoying every step. And at least, I am doing something else beside been waiting for some engine's developers to fix little bugs or implement certains features, taking months and years for that.

you didnt want to start a hassle about XNA, but in the meanwhile you do stab towards other engines, doesnt really make sense does it...

and yes, XNA is really powerfull, im just too much of a noob at it yet XD
with XNA 1 I tried stoking other people as well, but there was close to _NONE_ interest in it... too bad

regards,

Formerly known as dennis_fantasy
Portfolio - http://www.designorhea.com/
Project - http://randomchance.cherrygames.org/
Re: XNA 2 is out!!!! [Re: Helghast] #172910
12/18/07 11:27
12/18/07 11:27
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

And at least, I am doing something else beside been waiting for some engine's developers to fix little bugs or implement certains features, taking months and years for that.

Lol, but XNA 2 isn't bug free either, it's just that you haven't played long enough with it yet to have encountered them.... It's pretty funny though that you seem to think that engine developers are lazy or something.

As for XNA, it's pretty good and although it's not perfect, it's definitely a strong API.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: XNA 2 is out!!!! [Re: PHeMoX] #172911
12/18/07 12:46
12/18/07 12:46
San Francisco
JetpackMonkey Offline
Serious User
JetpackMonkey  Offline
Serious User

San Francisco
Being that it's an API, instead of a user friendly game engine (with templates) I don't really buy the marketing approach that "anyone can make a game with XNA" which Microsoft is pushing so strongly. A6/7 is a lot closer to that goal, even then, this is still extremely technical and not suitable for 'anyone can make a game' / "Click together your game" hype.

Re: XNA 2 is out!!!! [Re: JetpackMonkey] #172912
12/18/07 13:29
12/18/07 13:29
22�21'24"N 114�07'30"E
Frederick_Lim Offline
User
Frederick_Lim  Offline
User

22�21'24"N 114�07'30"E
I believe this is more close to reality
Quote:

anyone can make a game with A6/7

Different people have different interest and goal. I prefer use my time to make game instead to use some game API to make another engine and tools.

Re: XNA 2 is out!!!! [Re: Frederick_Lim] #172913
12/18/07 17:25
12/18/07 17:25
Portugal - Brazil
XNASorcerer Offline OP
Expert
XNASorcerer  Offline OP
Expert

Portugal - Brazil
Quote:

Quote:

And at least, I am doing something else beside been waiting for some engine's developers to fix little bugs or implement certains features, taking months and years for that.

you didnt want to start a hassle about XNA, but in the meanwhile you do stab towards other engines, doesnt really make sense does it...

Where do you see that I stab towards other engines? Do you find any lies in my words? Am I pointing fingers to any engine in particular? Everyone here knows that things happens like this.
But I find this funny: Every now and then, someone dares to say what it is in front of everyone.

And the responses are: "Hey!!! Don't talk bad about my engine!!!! You don't know nothing!!! My engine is the best!!!" Even if the person don't point a finger to a specific engine.

Quote:

Quote:

Lol, but XNA 2 isn't bug free either, it's just that you haven't played long enough with it yet to have encountered them.... It's pretty funny though that you seem to think that engine developers are lazy or something.

As for XNA, it's pretty good and although it's not perfect, it's definitely a strong API.

Funny is to see how you think to know what I think! I never told that anyone is lazy and I didn't lie either. I do own a license for a few engines and had worked with a few others more. And everyone here knows that this is true, again, we do have to wait, sometimes for years. But that
doesn't mean that the developers are lazy.
And my point is: I am using my time in a better way!!!
Ps: XNA is not bug free either! You are right!!!

Quote:

Being that it's an API, instead of a user friendly game engine (with templates) I don't really buy the marketing approach that "anyone can make a game with XNA" which Microsoft is pushing so strongly. A6/7 is a lot closer to that goal, even then, this is still extremely
technical and not suitable for 'anyone can make a game' / "Click together your game" hype.

Well,if anyone really wants to be making games with just a button, perhaps they should realise that this will never happens or they should go and buy FPSMaker or something like. If anyone are serious about making games... Make games is not an easy task! And make a good game is even more dificult!

Quote:

I believe this is more close to reality
I prefer use my time to make game instead to use some game API to make another engine and tools.

You can if you prefer, make a game instead of be making a engine with XNA. But the problem with XNA is that it is an API, not a game engine. Most people get scared when look at it for the first time. When it first came out, I look at it and said: "What should I do with this?" And never touched it again until a few months ago.

Quote:

Have you try Visual3D.net?

Seems like they doing the same thing like you did.

Yes, I did! Visual3D.Net and Blade3D were my inspiration to start this editor. You can even see here ( First try editor ), that I was making my first Level editor just like theirs.

Quote:

Interesting links and good infos. Thanks XNA-sorcerer.
I agree with vlau. Visual3D.net looks interesting, easy usage, good tool-set and modern rendering.

Some friends of mine already checked it and found it very good.

The only issue I have is: they don't say anything about scene-management in their feature list. If they don't have any then it will only be suited for small scenes.

I think that they must have a scene management, because is very easy to implement it with XNA. For example, for my engine I have a Scene Graph management with Frustum culling and later I am going to implement octree also.

Now, this thread was suppost to be a point of information about the new XNA, showing some good points about it. For those that see this as it is: Good! I hope you find it a good info.
Now, for those that do not see this as it is: Your lost! I won't be fighting for something that is not even mine. I won't be responding anymore to those kind of posts.

To finish: Everyone can still use your favorite engine and also work with XNA.

Re: XNA 2 is out!!!! [Re: XNASorcerer] #172914
12/20/07 20:56
12/20/07 20:56
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

And everyone here knows that this is true, again, we do have to wait, sometimes for years. But that
doesn't mean that the developers are lazy.
And my point is: I am using my time in a better way!!!

Right, well I'm glad you've explained yourself better now, because I really simply thought you made that comment to stab at developers 'as if they were lazy'. My bad!

Quote:

Funny is to see how you think to know what I think!

You'd be surprised to find out how much I know! j/k

Seriously though I really don't pretend to know anything about people here on the forums (although posts tend to give certain things away for sure, but still). It just seemed that way based on your previous posts, so I made the semi-serious post about laziness.

I'm not a psychic and can't foresee the future. I agree that the comment about bugs was pretty superfluous perhaps, but your comment seemed as if you think of XNA 2 as some sort of holy grail. Don't forget it's not a game engine (yet)...

Anyways, I'm not out to ruin your pleasure with it, I just uuuhm more or less mentioned the obvious,

Cheers,

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: XNA 2 is out!!!! [Re: PHeMoX] #172915
12/21/07 21:32
12/21/07 21:32
TheExpert Offline
Senior Developer
TheExpert  Offline
Senior Developer

XNA could be used by Blitz Basic people or Dark Basic
C# it's a so easy language i've used alot.

And if you want latest features, customize engine for the features you need ,
yes XNA is the way but you'll have to
- make your engine
- make your level editor
Don't know if you'll have time for 3D art that is as big time consuming.

Little projects it's ok , but if you target some big RPG with different characters , environments, effects,particles etc ...
Don't think you'll have time to progra mnew things each time you need in the level editor ?

You can't be strong programmer and string 3D artist or you're an exception
A team is the best thing like always

For lonewolves : target beat em up,arcade ,little games that can have great success.
With team and a programmer fro the level editor target more big games like some RPG or other !!

Well , but i recognize it's a great thing indeed
it's the recognition by a worl wide big comapny of the interest of indie
game making : lonewolves or team based : )

For my part in this moment it's lonewolf game making, i just need basic 3D with some shaders on some objects or level parts.
So no time for prgramming a level editor and 3D features, i need ready to use script high level functions and a level editor ready to go

Last edited by TheExpert; 12/21/07 21:34.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  aztec, Blink, HeelX 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de