by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, Ayumi), 1,384 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Realms of Kaline #173703
12/19/07 00:24
12/19/07 00:24
W
Wulf Offline OP
Wulf  Offline OP
W

I am currently in the process of building and working on models, but in a month or so i'll upload some pics of whats what.

The game will follow a similar 'fantasy simulation' like that of Majesty, but with several twists and turns along the way.

Features/Ideas to implement:

1) Resource flow will come in through taxes(gold) on buildings, services, and such.
-Taxes will be a set % per day(5 minutes).
-%# is undecided yet.
-Taxes may only be lost in the event of a building being destroyed or in the event its Master is slain.

2) The player will not be able to choose units. He or She will simply create a home(in which case a random starter class will inherit), however the player will be able to build other building types(this will be discussed later).

3) After the completion of a map the player will receive X amount of exp points. These points will go into a skill tree that will allow the user several upgrades(such as but not limited to: increased stat(s) on a certain race/class, increased chances of gaining certain unit starters, increased max hero capacity, increased tax amounts, etc)

4) Units will all start as one of the following:
Apprentice, Soldier, Thief, Zombie, Imp, Cleric (17% chance of getting either of these).

Example of Class tree

Apprentice(lv1)
|
/ \
/ \
50% of either (Nuker class)Magician(lv5) | Puppeteer(lv5)(pet/econ class) | |
/ \ lv 10 / | \
/ \ / | \
Pyromancer|Enchanter |||||||| Elementist | Puppet Master | Golem Master

Class Descriptions

-Magician(50% chance Apprentice will upgrade to this class)(Nuker)
The magician is a arcane master who through years of rigorous training has learned the ability to focus elements to cause fierce, and often fatal destruction. In the event though his spell fizzles, it very well may be his last.

-Pyromancer(75% chance Magician will upgrade to this class)(Nuker)
The pyromancer has the same spells as Magician, but now area of effect.
-Enchanter(25% chance Magician will upgrade to this class)(Econ)
The enchanter has left his pursuit of arcane knowledge, now he stays at home and provides enchantments for all sorts of adventurer, for the right price of course.

-Puppeteer(50% chance Apprentice will upgrade to this class)(Econ/Pet)
The puppeteer has a mind of his own. Some days he leaves the security of his home and with his Magical Marionette explores new horizons, however, on other days he can be found performing for generous sums of ‘donations.’

-Elementist(20% chance Puppeteer will upgrade to this class)(Pet)
Manipulating mere wooden dolls was not satisfying enough, the Elementist has layed asside such simple things and now summons forth elemental beings.

-Golem Master(40% chance Puppeteer will upgrade to this class)(Pet)
The Golem Master has learned over the years that manipulating stone can be just as easy as manipulating wood. He explores new terrains and while doing so his brainless minion will take on attributes and appearances based on his surroundings.

-Puppet Master(40% chance Puppeteer will upgrade to this class)(Pet)
Puppet Master’s have continued forward in their career and have strayed away from travels. Instead the Puppet Master brings the tourists to him by use entertainment. Some have even gained the attention of kings and queens.

More stuff to come. I plan for this to be a professional project(yes i have a lot of time on my hands between college and such) and so if you find this to be interesting and wish to donate anything as far as models/textures/scripts/etc you are more than welcome to :_). If anything of yours is used I will provide credit.

This project wont be finished for probably 8-12 months. I want everything to be perfect, so after model creation i'll work on a demo.

*edit*
sorry the class tree screwed up, the forum swapped it in the process of copy and paste ><

*edit2*

Here are some screenies of what/where the light source will come from. I haven't decided yet if I will leave it up to the player to create these or if they will be pre-generated as town size increases. There will be a night and day time frame as well, so it wont always be as dark as these two photos show. Please provide ideas/thoughts on the following, as well as ways to improve them (lightning, shape, color, etc).

I have more pics/models/things to post, but I my isp is being difficult upload wise. Took like 25 mins to load two small pictures X_X.

Last edited by Wulf; 12/19/07 22:51.
Re: Realms of Kaline [Re: Wulf] #173704
12/19/07 06:08
12/19/07 06:08
VPrime Offline
Expert
VPrime  Offline
Expert

Show case is for showing stuff..
Not saying your going to do stuff..

Re: Realms of Kaline [Re: VPrime] #173705
12/19/07 09:28
12/19/07 09:28
Antwerp,Belgium
frazzle Offline
Expert
frazzle  Offline
Expert

Antwerp,Belgium
The concept seems nicely elaborated though we need pictures like VPrime said to make it a real SC

Cheers

Frazzle

Antec® Case
Intel® X58 Chipset
Intel® i7 975 Quad Core
8 GB RAM DDR3
SSD OCZ®-VERTEX2 3.5 x4 ; HD 600 GB
NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 295 Memory 1795GB

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de