Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/19/24 18:45
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (AndrewAMD, 7th_zorro, TedMar, Ayumi), 800 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
A6 templates, No cowards? #184313
02/16/08 16:21
02/16/08 16:21
Mi
H
Havoc22 Offline OP
Havoc22  Offline OP
H

Mi
I've finally had the chance to sit down and look into the a6 templates. Nope, haven't upgraded to a7 yet. I know it's been like 3 years and I'm just now looking deeper into the a6 templates. Anyways, I've just noticed that there are no longer template entities that are allowed to be cowards when their health is too low. Am I wrong, did I miss something? Or was that just removed from a5 to a6 templates?

Sorry if this has been brought up before. I couldn't find any topics on it.

Re: A6 templates, No cowards? [Re: Havoc22] #184314
02/16/08 18:48
02/16/08 18:48
V
Vadim647 Offline
Vadim647  Offline
V

Normaly there is a Template and Template6.
Template contains A5 converted scripts. (I tried to compare them, but visualy nothing has gone, just few things and files added.
Template6 contains other scripts. Somewhere they are better, somewhere there are small lags, but it's fine too.

I switched to other account since marth 2010. Guess which.
Re: A6 templates, No cowards? [Re: Vadim647] #184315
02/17/08 05:21
02/17/08 05:21
Mi
H
Havoc22 Offline OP
Havoc22  Offline OP
H

Mi
Yeah I noticed that, everything seems to be similar, except I can't find anything on the escape state. It seems to not exist in the a6 templates. I tried to convert the a5 escape state and set up a new AI state for escaping. It didn't work out too well. All of the other states are defined and set up, weird why that wasn't included in the a6 templates.

Re: A6 templates, No cowards? [Re: Havoc22] #184316
02/18/08 03:33
02/18/08 03:33
Connecticut, USA
Blink Offline

Expert
Blink  Offline

Expert

Connecticut, USA
good question, i was wondering about that as well. i never used a5 but i read about that and the war.wdl. but i did notice the dumb ai runs away when the plbiped model is on the level, but it doesnt always happen, could be a glitch.

My Famous Quotes: "Hip hop is like a virus, infecting everyone and everything around it. Every form of media has some way,shape or form, assimilated hip hop into it." It has also mutated into other strains like, trip hop, house, rap, gangster, and conscious forms. Once you are infected with it, its with you for life."
Re: A6 templates, No cowards? [Re: Blink] #184317
02/18/08 20:29
02/18/08 20:29
Mi
H
Havoc22 Offline OP
Havoc22  Offline OP
H

Mi
I looked into the dumb ai biped, and as far as I can tell, they aren't running in any paticular direction, just the direction you face them in. In the a5 templates, the escape state was pretty much in any direction the player wasn't facing.

It wasn't the best way, since they got stuck in corners very easily, but it worked just fine for what I was using it for. I've always been interested in seeing some intelligent enemys running away from the player. I had planned on altering it and maybe using the robby the robot example from the aum example so that if they were stuck in a corner, to hault them from running from the player until they were no longer stuck in a corner.

I'm surprised there are so many pathfinding examples that show enemies how to get to the player using the best path, yet no examples on how to best escape from the player when they've taken too much damage. I'm not very great at coding, otherwise I would've tried to do it myself. It's still a shame though that the simpler escape state wasn't implemented in the new a6 templates, even if they got stuck in corners.

I have however been attempting to add in another state in the a6 templates and convert everything to how the a6 templates work, using the a5 escape state as an example.

So far, it sort of works, it calls the state based on their a skill that I set up to see if I can get them to run away at all, then later set it up based on health. It calls the state perfectly, they do turn away from the player, and walk away, sort of. It seems that the enemy gets very confused though. I think the problem is somewhere between the lines of seeing, and hearing the player. In the a6 templates for the enemy templates, it calls two different states when they can hear the player, and when they can see the player.

So when they can hear the player, they look for the player, using the hunt state, but when they can see them they run away, or if the skill is set otherwise, attack the player. I think what happens is that after they begin to run away, they start scanning to hear the player in a certain distance and it continiously loops back to whether or not the player is in hearing range rather than if they can see them. Since they are running away, of course they won't be able to see them after they get away at a certain distance. So they will stop. I've done something wrong but hopefully I can get this to work.

I'm sure it would work if I simply told the enemy to run away if they were in hearing or seeing range, but I'm trying to get them to continue what they were doing if they are no longer in seeing range, or in any actual danger.

Re: A6 templates, No cowards? [Re: Havoc22] #184318
02/18/08 23:14
02/18/08 23:14
Mi
H
Havoc22 Offline OP
Havoc22  Offline OP
H

Mi
Heh, read back over everything, way simpler than all of that. Set up a new skill to base it on, then change the pan direction from my.pan to player.pan. Wow, that was dumb on my part. I didn't even really need to set up a new state. Just change a few things in the existing ones. The best part is, they don't look half as bad as they did in a5 running away. They watch out for walls a bit. but still go a little crazy in the direction area. Either way, worked it out. They will run away now. Now all that's left to do is set that skill up in the behavior panel so I don't have to change it in any other place than there. Of and also basing it on health.

Moderated by  HeelX, rvL_eXile 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de