by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (vicknick, dr_panther, VoroneTZ), 1,255 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: ConceptArt [Re: Poison] #187849
03/11/08 06:46
03/11/08 06:46
Finland
Inestical Offline
Rabbit Developer
Inestical  Offline
Rabbit Developer

Finland
She looks like she'd be in peace, after a battle. I can't say is she strong or weak, just that she has finally reached the heaven.

Good concept.

"Yesterday was once today's tomorrow."
Re: ConceptArt [Re: Gafgar] #187850
03/11/08 11:15
03/11/08 11:15
hamburg
Samb Offline
Serious User
Samb  Offline
Serious User

hamburg
looks like she got rocket-boots
thats awesome...

Re: ConceptArt [Re: Samb] #187851
03/11/08 11:36
03/11/08 11:36
Finland
Inestical Offline
Rabbit Developer
Inestical  Offline
Rabbit Developer

Finland
Oh, and for crits, it's plain boring. There is no intensity in the picture. The hand positions are boring too.

It may be, that the general ambience and lack of coloral range is what makes it too plain =(

Try to add more depth to the pic and raise the lady's head upwards, so that she looks upwards, eyes open.

Take this as an example, simple, yet it has something that makes it alive:
[pic]

"Yesterday was once today's tomorrow."
Re: ConceptArt [Re: Inestical] #187852
03/11/08 17:53
03/11/08 17:53
Sweden
Gafgar Offline OP
Developer
Gafgar  Offline OP
Developer

Sweden
First of all.. thanks to all the comments! ^^

Quote:

Oh, and for crits, it's plain boring. There is no intensity in the picture. The hand positions are boring too.

It may be, that the general ambience and lack of coloral range is what makes it too plain =(

Try to add more depth to the pic and raise the lady's head upwards, so that she looks upwards, eyes open.

Take this as an example, simple, yet it has something that makes it alive:
[pic]

The thing with here facing the skies was planed, but i don't know why i did not end up like that, i guess its because i ran out of time and just painted it as fast as possible.. and missed that when i came to panting the head.

And the colour scheme is supposed to be pretty grey and read/orange, but it actually have some green and blue in there too... but you are right... it could not hurt with some more colours. But again its not meant for this particular image :]

Concerning the pose with here hands, I knew it was a little to standard/classic pose when I painted it.. but I cant be helped.. that’s the pose she was supposed to have ^^
I should though have chosen a more frog perspective (I don't know if that’s a real English term or not) that would have given her a mightier feeling

And concerning that image you linked... its pretty nice.. but its much easier if you can have a that standard wind blowing from certain direction and have ONE real light source.. i'm not saying that its no good, its a pretty nice image actually .. i'm just saying that i aimed on a little to hard concept for my first real image... it has 4 big light sources and a wind blowing from below... >.< And that’s for shore nothing my soon upcoming images will have ;D.. I will stick to 1-3 light sources of different power, and not to complex wind situations :]

About the comment about here very fantasy looking armour I got earlier... I can just say that you will have to aim for the right audience ^^ most gamers do not demand total realism and many fantasy fans does like armours that just look cool… if you asks me.
And actually the armour design is pretty okay, every armour part is designed so that it won’t stop any normal movements. She will be engaged in mostly close combat and that’s what the armour is built fore. A armour that will give god protection on the most vital parts (exept the head) in close combat, the arms and legs… and hear real protection is in her magic, especially concerning long-range-weapons.
The footing and kneepads are also for moving around in rough undergrowth and climbing and stuff… all the characters in this game will have more than just fighting equipment… even though this one is depending on some big amount of magic ^^

Thanks for all the critic so far, i will try to remember as much as possible when i make my next concept

__________________________________________________ / Gafgar The Goblin... http://www.Goblinsoftware.tk/
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de