by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Ayumi), 662 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Different results when publishing!!!! #189723
03/21/08 03:04
03/21/08 03:04
J
jmasterx Offline OP
jmasterx  Offline OP
J

Hello,

I used the templates to make by own fps and when I compile (build) win wed and run the level, its perfect, the doors open on trigger, their textures show up, easy to climb stairs etc... then I do publish and make an exe... surprisingly different results... first of all, all my door mdl entities are black(pure black) but still open when i get close... however my door that triggers from a distance makes a sound but no longer opens??? also... now reclimbing up my stairs is impossible w/o jumping continuously! what's happening? why are my results so different? how can I build an exe that will act the same as in wed? btw im using gamestudio a7 7.04 pro...

thanks...

Re: Different results when publishing!!!! [Re: jmasterx] #189724
03/21/08 15:24
03/21/08 15:24
Germany->Bavaria->Nuremberg
C
Christian__A Offline
User
Christian__A  Offline
User
C

Germany->Bavaria->Nuremberg
First you should update to the latest version, 7.07. If your problems stay, you should post this in the bug-hunt-forum.

MfG, Christian__A. Visit my Site: www.chris-a.de

Re: Different results when publishing!!!! [Re: Christian__A] #189725
03/21/08 22:01
03/21/08 22:01
J
jmasterx Offline OP
jmasterx  Offline OP
J

Hi, I udated and it does the same thing... I don't think they are buggs... is there a way to directly use what wed is using? I figured out that my doors show up if I import them as wmb's instead of mdl's... also about my stairs, in wed when my charactor hits a stair he goes up on Z axis and in exe version he only does this if I'm tilted 60 degrees... also my doors that are on a remote trigger have ignore scan and ignore click... when I press ctrl on the trigger (about 300 feet away) in WED version, door opens ande I hear a sound... in exe version I hear a sound but they are not open... also when i import doors as wmb instead of mdl they show up correctly in exe but I prefer mdl because of scale factor... I'de also like to mention that my work folder for this level has files in it from other projects... could that affect anything? the door thing is odd because my triggers that open when im 64 quants from door work fine... also my trigger id for fussy doors is 7.000 (dunno if that is important)

hope this helps you help

thanks

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de