by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (howardR, 7th_zorro), 893 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 2
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
My game is for sell now after a year of work #191253
11/07/03 10:10
11/07/03 10:10
Spartanburg, S.C.
K
Kenneth J. Williams Offline OP
My game is for sell now after a year of work

Reverse The Abnormal is for sell now for $26.99.
About default scripts I am just a beginner and this is my first game and my first project so I am not to good at using all features in making new scripts thanks for noting that it could had been updated abit on that last time I am just not that far ahead just yet I think I did a good job with the ones I had though.
There are some typos that I am am going to have fixed in the storyline by providing an update file. This update will also have all passcodes for all levels there are 13 levels. The Bonus level013 I added for making people wait, you wont need a passcode for it or the first level001, logic. You will need a fast system to play on though. It should have at least 1024 MB's of DDR Ram installed and at least a AthlonXP 2200 system or higher and an 8X AGP Videocard the new storyline will be in the form of short slids on video these would not fit on the same disc. So it is best to save these and put them into your story line folder on your hard drive in the Readme file in each level after you have unzipped you files. Check out videos to see the extra work I did to fix my explossions. If you still dont think the game belongs here just move the post to the first showcase I without making a big fuss this time. I had shipped my game and then put it on hold until my new updated one could get on my shop. So try and give it a look at again. I worked on this very hard and alot to change things. Each time I felt it needed something that I thought I was able to fix. I also improved on the sky on all levels with a cloudy fog like FX see level008 video clip to see this kind of FX that change a litte bit in each level. It is also seen in the video clip on Update005.wmv this is how the links are listed in the front if any links are down we had a few sever misshaps here and there. I worked on every level again before I shiped it this time some explossions have 43 frames there are there types of exploding FX. I hope you guys like it better this time. I will try to make the videos of the new storyline at a very good quality for the update that I should have up by sometime tommorrow at. I have to get a test ran on my heart tommorow so I will get it done if not tonight then when I get back. I have some blood pressure trouble and It always is safe to get it checked out alot with it going up to 192 over 114 every 3 months I think it is the right time. And don't worry because I feel fine it is just a checkup that I have done from time to time.
Please Visit www.789site.com
Please also see my new site that Realspawn made for me if any links are not working just use the ones at At the entrance until there all up. If you want to order the game just enter the new web site by clicking on the new logo made by Realspawn and click on the order link. This will take you to the shop if you get the game you will have all music for the soundtracks Randys Williams Music is only for sell when included with the game there are around 15 Heavy Metal tracks that he has in the game. I have around 17 music tracks some are remixes and last 22 minutes. I made some cd's for sell at the shop the game is only missing the track- "All woods on Fire - French Version".
On The CD "God of Death & The Army of Destruction Audio CD- This CD has most of the Remixes" Not all of the music is on the new CD's The other CD has only single tracks. I had more tracks just ran out of space. There is about 4 hours of music in the game. Thank you. Be Nice this time ok. Kenneth J. Williams, of 789 World Media

Last edited by Kenneth J. Williams; 11/07/03 10:31.
40 Comments
Re: My game is for sell now after a year of work [Re: photon_] #191263
11/08/03 02:32
11/08/03 02:32
mk_1 Offline

Expert
mk_1  Offline

Expert

I mostly agree with photon. This is maybe a lot of work but it definitely doesn't have commercial game quality.

Use detail maps on your terrains! better skin for the UFO (or whatever it is) - second shot!

Follow me on twitter
Re: My game is for sell now after a year of work [Re: mk_1] #191264
11/08/03 02:48
11/08/03 02:48
Switzerland
Mr Wurm Offline
Mr Wurm  Offline

Switzerland
Looks...colorfull. Also appears to be very creative. What would interest me most is: How is the game selling?

BTW:I know this has been said before, but please structure your post into paragraphs, reading a whole block of text is disheartening/energy-consuming to read.

- Mr Wurm

Re: My game is for sell now after a year of work [Re: Mr Wurm] #191265
11/08/03 04:05
11/08/03 04:05
New Zealand
ShadowFire Offline
ShadowFire  Offline

New Zealand
Anyone that actually finishes a game with 3DGS gets a star in my book.
And that includes you Kenneth. Does not matter if you use the template scripts. Its there to use after all! Your title: "Reverse The Abnormal ", maybe that explains things better.

Now,

I cannot criticize your game, as my computer does not meet your minimum requirements, so I will not download the demo to try. I sure wish that I could have.

The shots are very colourful, lots of things to look at. From what I've seen here and on your site, a lot of work must have gone into the making of this game. Is it good? I don't know. Will it sell?, I don't know.

One thing is for sure, and this is just my humble opinion, if you perhaps could scale down the levels a bit, so that the minimum requirements for running the game could drop substantially, more people will have access to it.

Anyway, good luck with your project.

Regards
Shad

3DGS User's Voice

Together, we can make it better.
Re: My game is for sell now after a year of work [Re: ShadowFire] #191266
11/08/03 04:14
11/08/03 04:14
photon_ Offline
Expert
photon_  Offline
Expert

I don't really read that long unstructered Text. I only gave you a comment on the screens, but now i see theres something to add....

1. Your requirements are deadly. Forget it, man. Such requirements but such a quality?
2. You're price: I only write a "?" here! Did you loose your last bit of objectivity to judge your own work?

Re: My game is for sell now after a year of work [Re: photon_] #191267
11/08/03 05:38
11/08/03 05:38
USofA
fastlane69 Offline
Senior Expert
fastlane69  Offline
Senior Expert

USofA
I agree with shadowfire...KUDOS on finishing a game.

But, I also agree that 27 dollars for this is un-realistic.

Most big house games start at 50 dollars, then drop to 25 after a few months, and end up for 10 dollars in the discount bin. Your screenshots doen't even come close to any Big or Mid house development and thus charging more than 10 dollars is an outrage.

My suggestion is to do this shareware. Free first level, charge maybe 5 dollars per extra level.

Please pay attention to what all people are saying here:
1) Good job at finishing a game. Too much vaporware in the 3DGS community and it nice to see people who finish what they start.
2) Your requirements means that your product need more work. I know of NO professional games that have the requirments you have for your game and thus neither should yours. I suspect that "sloppy" c-script programming is to blame or simply a lackluster optimization stage during development.
3) Be realistic about your product. A years worth of work using templete may be worth $26 dollars to you, but view it from the consumers point of few. For $26 dollars I can get anywhere from 2 to 4 games at the discount bin and I'm pretty sure they would be better than your product.

3) Part of being realistic is that you should consider making your game shareware! Offer the first level as a free download and then charge 10 bucks for the remaining levels. If you dont' think that people will want to buy your product after downloading the first level then you should know that they aren't going to pay 26 for it!!!!

Good Luck!!!

Re: My game is for sell now after a year of work [Re: fastlane69] #191268
11/08/03 06:09
11/08/03 06:09
Berlin
EX Citer Offline
Expert
EX Citer  Offline
Expert

Berlin
Ich finde das Spiel Hübsch. Erinnert mich an Perfect Dark (Elvis ). Detailmaps an Models oder Terrains anfügen hat bei mir nochnie geklappt. Hab nälich noch nicht kapiert wie es funktioniert (zumindestenz bei models nicht kapiert). Die models gefallen mir auch. Die lichter auf den Skins sind schön gerendert (material benutzt?). Ob alles auch noch schön animiert ist oder animiert auch gut aussieht weiß ich allerdings nicht. Denn mit screenshots kann man ja super tricksen. Besonders diese zotteligen weißen Dinger gefallen mir (und die Elvise (mehrzahl von Elvis)). Die videos waren nur ne anreihung von screenshots. Music habe ichd a auch keine gehört. Alles andere wurde ja schon gesagt.
MfG EX Citer

:L
Re: My game is for sell now after a year of work [Re: EX Citer] #191269
11/08/03 06:32
11/08/03 06:32
old_bill Offline
Senior Expert
old_bill  Offline
Senior Expert

@EX Citer:
Could be hard for Kenneth to read your post,
he´s a english speaker!

@Kenneth:
Hi Kenneth,

i dont run any of your demos because i dont have such a "heavy" pc.
Could you please describe, what are the reasons for such a high level?
Any special physic things, large images, anything else?

Thx
old_bill

Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.
Re: My game is for sell now after a year of work [Re: old_bill] #191270
11/08/03 06:59
11/08/03 06:59
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
mmmmm, somehow I like the screens, but I don't like the idea of seeing a socalled 'commercial quality' game... when it's quite obvious that this doesn't really complies to this title...
I'm sorry to say, but maybe you should make it shareware, with levelupgrades for a certain amount of money (like 5 dollars) and just keep updating & upgrading this game. Then when you're like 3 months further let this community judge your game improvements again; if it still isn't seen as a commercial quality game; then go on with improving it and learning c-script......
Some criticism is actually relatively easy to get rid off; like the terrainmaps, just pay a little more time to it and soon you master making terrain as some good guys over here......

Cheers and don't mind all the criticism to much....

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: My game is for sell now after a year of work [Re: PHeMoX] #191271
11/08/03 08:00
11/08/03 08:00
Israel, Haifa
ROMAC Offline
Expert
ROMAC  Offline
Expert

Israel, Haifa
Hi,
You've posted this same game once before and it was moved to ShowCase 1, for not being a commercial quality game. Why did you post it again?

Re: My game is for sell now after a year of work [Re: Marco_Grubert] #191272
11/08/03 13:07
11/08/03 13:07
Spartanburg, S.C.
K
Kenneth J. Williams Offline OP
Kenneth J. Williams  Offline OP
K

Spartanburg, S.C.
Note: There was someone that said something about the rock music this is my Brother Randy Williams that those all the Heavy Metal Tracks I do all the Keybaord music tracks with the sound FX I made added to the music. My Randy is the Great Guitar Player you here in the other tracks.

Note: I have a story line video I uploaded I will check if Realspawn has it up yet if not I will put it on the fron page for now I also have all passcodes for each level should be oline in a few.

Note: I up the specs for the Ram because a few people were have a slowere frame rate than others I had ran it on my system with just a 1 512MB 2700 DDR chip. on my AthlonXP 2200 and this was on every level and it ran fine not to mention there was only a ATI 64 bit 7200 Video card on in my computer too. Then a bunch of people here said it ran choppy on there Pentium 4 systems with the new 9800 pro ATI videocards I had a 9700 pro card to and a 9500 pro card it ran choppy with the 9700 pro and then it ran ok on the older slower ATI 9500 card so I dont realy know what the problem may be. It may not even be a memory issiu at all or a computer issiu it my just be the way these two cards 9700 and 9800 work. My freind Robert has a ATI 9600 and it ran ok on this to.

I have a Nvidia 5600 Videocard with 256 MB onboard ram that works well no matter if I have in just a 2700DDR or a 3200DDR with 512MB or more it runs it in just about all speeds of DDR ram beginning with 2700 512 Mb chips. a a very good frame rate. So I did not realy know what to put for the specs on the system to run it with I dont know what it is with the 9700's or the 9800 pro cards I have seen it do the same thing slow down and chop up on my system so I dont use these two cards any more I took mine back and exchanged it for the other one I still have the 9600 card it works ok with that one two even with a 2700 512 MB chip. I seen the 9800 pro it says its the fastest card and I had a 64 bit ATI 7200 card out perform my 9700 and it seems like I am hearing that the 9800 acts in the same way the 9700 did on my system it may just be my game because the 9800 video cards blow away a lot of other cards with better games than mine it may be something I did while compliling or it may not be optimized in the corect way to work with these two cards. I dont know. If you have a nother type of card try the demo and see what it plays like on your system.
Because I been playing it all year on my 1.8 GHz 2200 Athlon computer.

One thing I did see one time was that on my 9700 pro card there was no cooling fan onboard and it had a power cable that needs a 350 watt power cord conected to it. My Nvidia videocard has a fan and more Built in ram 256MB and does not need that extra power cable and does not have a conecter for any extra power cables. Even my old 9500 pro card has a fan even though it still has the cable for extra power. I dont know if any of this makes any since or not it just ran better on the other cards I have then the new ones this is all I am trying to say.

What was all that power running through on my 9700 with no fan on the chipset?

I will be making an update to the game later and may try to replace the background terrain sceens with something like Tga pictures of mountains this may speed things up a bit or even a lot. I asked if Realspawn could help me with the scripts if a paid him a bit for each game sold. He has not got back with me about that just yet if he helps me with that I could try to get a few things in later that may help the game a bit if anyone buys the game just keep a recept and let me know your order number I will keep track of these and I may seen you an update.

I will try and make a 4 disk set with a bonus level in each disk I will have these online later it takes a week to get these to the shop and it should take about two weeks to make all the new changes I can make these levels one a day just right now I don't know to much more about making new scripts the backgrounds will not be the same it should be faster though It may take two to three weeks to make everything and check it out I just about have 5 new levels ready now that I have been working on I will try to have at least 5 levels per disk let me now what a good price for these would be what would you buy a disc with 5 levels for the base price to set up the disc to sell at my shop is $4.99
so I would most likly sell these with 5 or six levels for around $8.50 or $8.99
do you think that would be a nice price for these. Some of my new levels look a bit better I think. I have no pics up to show just yet I will have these as bonus levels. in some you will be a giant walking good grey that is the same shape as the big one in the picture. I was going to make part two where the entire game is nowplayed as a grey for the main player. this I will be doing for bonus levels it will add to game play for the new disc. So if you want the one that is for sell it is a limited eddition if I get help on the scripts there going to be in the new disc and I will work with Realspawn on what he wants for this money wise. and If you get a copy of the first one I will make you a disc and send it with the levels that are on this disc out now. If you want the new disc you will have to get these by ordering one copy for each that will be in the set. I am good at setting the game up now so I may keep making more levels and make this game just keep on going for as long as I feel like making new levels. I get a new Idea about everyday of what I can make to add to it.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de