by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, Ayumi), 1,384 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 4
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Void Runners: The aftermath #191492
12/18/03 02:42
12/18/03 02:42

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Void Runners: The aftermath

No, that's not a sub-title. heh, basically despite my best efforts, the project collapsed as I could not find a single coder, even for pay, that was capable of working the mirror code into a "window" code so that you could seemlessly fly your ships in first person, despite the fact the technology would in fact work. I'd love, and I mean LOVE to resume it if any programmers are around, and interested in working on a First Person Role Playing Space Simulator (It's not as complex as it sounds, though it does blend two genres), and I'd most certinally upgrade to A6.

These shots were taken on A5, and I thought I would post them as (as I posted earlier in the Jobs Wanted board) I am now selling the texture packs done for it (about a year ago) as well as am in a position to make new textures and/or levels for current projects. For many more screenshots, please visit my website at 4:AM Productions.

R.I.P. Maybe someday I'll be in a position to resurrect this project.. it was going exceptionally well other than that one major wall, which definitely put it into a coma if not killed it. Anyway, catch you all out their again someday I hope.
26 Comments
Re: Void Runners: The aftermath [Re: SpaceJim] #191512
12/23/03 05:07
12/23/03 05:07

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

We ironically already had lots in place to avoid this "static" feel you mention from happening. This ranged from shaking all the actors / the camera when taking a critical hit, consoles exploding from damage, and certian parts of the ship having scripted sequences installed - akin to, say, Half-Life - that were not triggered by your position on the map, but rather by what is happening outside. Add to this dynamic lighting from any projectiles near the front of the ship, and I really don't think the static feel would have been so much a problem.

I'm very interested in the possibility of using the new RtT code, however, and have contacted Conitec about upgrading to use it. I've also made a post looking to add on additional coders to finish the prototype in a timely fashion, as a good deal of the old code will need upgrading. I had not expected to resurrect this project so this is fairly on the fly, but I am very interested in doing so.

Re: Void Runners: The aftermath [Re: SpaceJim] #191513
12/28/03 05:13
12/28/03 05:13
England, UK
A
Aaron_H Offline
User
Aaron_H  Offline
User
A

England, UK
I tell you what,

those are some pretty amazing screenshots....

I can't believe it's using A5, I wonder what it would look like on A6, with better lighting and with shaders and full DOT3 bumpmapping...

Can't wait too see the final release.

Re: Void Runners: The aftermath [Re: Aaron_H] #191514
12/28/03 07:46
12/28/03 07:46
SLC, UT
prophet Offline
User
prophet  Offline
User

SLC, UT
Very nice, that could be a really good foundation for a game. Just needs the killer story line to seal it.

The attempt at a one man show. http://www.mutsoftware.com
Re: Void Runners: The aftermath [Re: prophet] #191515
12/29/03 11:41
12/29/03 11:41
Chandler, Arizona
C
Crossy Offline
Developer
Crossy  Offline
Developer
C

Chandler, Arizona
wow i see things like this and i can't beleive they're made in 3dgs, mine look like something from 1997 lol

good job though

ČЯΘŞşŶ BlueTide MultiMedia under construction Come stop by and say hi to all of your 3DGS friends irc://irc.webchat.org/3DGS
Re: Void Runners: The aftermath [Re: ello] #191516
12/31/03 01:09
12/31/03 01:09
Dix Offline
Dix  Offline

Woah Dude, ALL looks good!

Re: Void Runners: The aftermath [Re: SpaceJim] #191517
12/31/03 08:10
12/31/03 08:10
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Shummy_dup1 Offline
Developer
Shummy_dup1  Offline
Developer

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Quote:

That would be amazing, to be able to walk about on the spaceship as it is flying about and be able to look out of the window,

That would kick i dont remember any games or too many that have done somethign col liek that you could make a normale skyglobe and make some stars and stuff move around use an animated skyglobe .mdl make a nice detailed skin for it and spin it around that would be pretty cool.

Nice shots some things could be liek chnaged like the prefad stairs..

version 4 simple www.ebsdesign.com stay updated on the aftermath click here for the gallery
Re: Void Runners: The aftermath [Re: Shummy_dup1] #191518
01/15/04 15:52
01/15/04 15:52
F
Foxbat Offline
Foxbat  Offline
F

If you use the camera to texture thing, won't it look like your just watching a tv screen when up on the bridge, instead of looking out the window? The solution to this would to be place the textured face in the distance, and make it realy big. That would be ok to simulate looking out the windows at distant objects, but what about objects which are meant to be close to the window? No matter what position you were in on the bridge, the close object would always be the same size!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de