by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (dr_panther, 7th_zorro), 1,203 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon #191548
01/30/04 23:20
01/30/04 23:20
Israel, Haifa
ROMAC Offline OP
Expert
ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon

ROMAC STUDIOS™ wants to announce their first game
ACTION BIRD-
A 3d Arcade Game with puzzling levels full of action all the time, suitble for all ages.
(www.romacstudios.com)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Story: (briefed)

Up in the deep reaches of the blue skies, the bird kindom has started to realize they too want what the humans have. Every century, one bird, one special unique bird, has a chance to have it all - become the bird with the honor, the bird with the respect, to recieve the honor of being the one and only, the action bird - and that bird is you! But before you can recieve this honor, you must complete a series of trial. You are not the only bird that wants to become the action bird. All birds from all around the world come and try to finish all trials, knowing if they win, they would become the action bird and hold that title for the century ahead.

The action bird will finally get the respect a bird deserves. In the game there are three main trials, each consisting of levels:

The Trial of Intelect- The first trial, which will test your ability to find your way through confusing puzzles, and jump your way through levels full of obstacles.
You will have to find your way through complex and puzzling levels, and do it as smooth as possible, because one wrong move and you will find yourself falling into the deep reaches of space and time.

The Trial of Strength - This is the second trial. Here you will be tested on your ability to being the stronger bird. Levels will include riding motorcycles and controling the "Power Ball".

The Trial of Dignity - The last and hardest trial of them all. Here you will be tested on random things regarding showing off your bird skills. You will also be tested on the most important thing of all, your dignity. Levels will include Racing in different types of vehicles (e.g cars, planes) and other unknown levels that will only be shown after beating over 100 levels in the game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Features:

-3 trials with over 130 levels
-1 practice level
-replay mode
-motorcycle riding, power sphere, player skating - all with full physics
-races
-puzzles
-jump and run
-beautiful graphics and animation
-and much much more to be revealed!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Team: (current team)

Programmers:
Mark Swann

Luke Trares
Michael M.

Head Modelers:
Kalin Krastev
Pablo Aizpiri
Elijah Ray Hardy

2d Art:
Guy Tennenholtz
Gustavo Fiorenza
Pablo Aizpiri

Character Animations:
Kalin Krastev

Level Designers:
Guy Tennenholtz
Andrew Bateman
Tom Boslooper

Developer, Idea and Concept:
Guy Tennenholtz

Release date of demo:
Soon, expected release is march 1st, 2004

Early Screenshots:

Feedback is always nice (www.romacstudios.com)

Contacting ROMAC STUDIOS™:
Email: Info@RomacStudios.com
Team: Team@RomacStudios.com

MSN Email: ThePerfectRomac@Hotmail.com
109 Comments
Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD [Re: Painiac] #191608
05/25/04 07:44
05/25/04 07:44
USofA
fastlane69 Offline
Senior Expert
fastlane69  Offline
Senior Expert

USofA
Quote:

<<Painiac's Rant>>

kids.

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD [Re: fastlane69] #191609
05/25/04 07:47
05/25/04 07:47
WizRealm Offline
Expert
WizRealm  Offline
Expert

I can speak for them I've played the demo and it's awesome. I can very well believe it takes that many lines of code. Start a showcase topic showing YOUR game and then you can say something.

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD [Re: WizRealm] #191610
05/25/04 07:53
05/25/04 07:53
UK, London
Dyc Offline
Dyc  Offline

UK, London
I'm shure he would but based on his quote from "jobs offered"
Quote:

I'm trying to break into the game industry, and have little unclassified work I can show

He simply cant.

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD [Re: ROMAC] #191611
05/25/04 08:20
05/25/04 08:20
Canada
Stansmedia Offline
Serious User
Stansmedia  Offline
Serious User

Canada
Heh, for all you negative commenters, this guy just got past anything you can do. He got postive feedback from a publishing company. And painiac, compared to your lack of talent, no work to show your better then him, and probably using template scripts and probably claiming your game is as good as doom 3, have NO way to call the game bad. I would bet 30 dollars your using a wared version, and another 100 dollars that your a jealous 11 year old thats full of himself.

Good look romac, i hope you get done.

Decessus - 80% done. 100% abandoned.
GET MY ANDROID GAME! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lasertrain.zspinballfree&hl=en
Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD [Re: Stansmedia] #191612
05/25/04 11:43
05/25/04 11:43
L
Loler Offline
Loler  Offline
L

Besides having played the demo and LOVED it, I'd like to thank painiac for the biggest laugh I've had in WEEKS. Why do you need a job on AB if you work for the US army?

Why would the US army need decent art for their sims. You see screens of them every once in a while and they're merely OK. Congrats! you're mediocre! Quick, whip up some models that suddenly aren't "confedential" anymore.

Once again, AB is wicked and thanks for making my day, no, week!

Loler

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD [Re: Loler] #191613
05/25/04 20:17
05/25/04 20:17
downunder
sixfeetunder Offline
sixfeetunder  Offline

downunder
Jo, great surprise with jowood. But phrases like "We look forward to publishing your game." in fact meaning nothing. Every publisher (even EA or Microsoft, the biggest of all) is every time interested in new games, concepts or (especially for own development teams) good ideas.
The most time intensive work is the level design, the most knowledge intensive work is coding.
Changing 80% of your levels mean nothing else than your projekt is at the beginning.
Maybe you think about other budget publishers? Maybe your work is for them good enough to sell it for a fist of dollars? I know the company jowood very well (yes, I am in contact) - and I know the prerequisites to publish a game. I hope, you will reach this level and look forward to buy your game.
Good luck.

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD [Re: sixfeetunder] #191614
05/25/04 20:34
05/25/04 20:34
Israel, Haifa
ROMAC Offline OP
Expert
ROMAC  Offline OP
Expert

Israel, Haifa
Quote:

Changing 80% of your levels mean nothing else than your projekt is at the beginning.

Unlike most other teams we work different parts step by step.
Programming therefore is 90% complete for the full version.
Levels should not take more than 4 months to complete, since we have four level designers.

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD [Re: ROMAC] #191615
05/26/04 04:27
05/26/04 04:27
USofA
fastlane69 Offline
Senior Expert
fastlane69  Offline
Senior Expert

USofA
Quote:

Unlike most other teams we work different parts step by step.

LOL you mean just like every other team! I've never known any two teams to work the same way!

Let me reiterate on this thread what I said in another:

at this moment, you only have empty promises. DO NOT BANK ON EMPTY PROMISES.

Continue seeking other publishers.
It will give you LEVERAGE when it comes to sign the contract.
It will earn you more money from which ever you you choose if you can play one pub against another.
It will give you peace of mind.

I kinda worried for you Romac cause it sounds like Jowood held out a basket and you are putting all your eggs into it without checking if the basket has a bottom!!!

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD [Re: fastlane69] #191616
05/26/04 04:48
05/26/04 04:48
WizRealm Offline
Expert
WizRealm  Offline
Expert

Fastlane have you ever sent an email to a publisher before? I know from experence that if they getting a respond it's a good thing. Does it mean the deal is finished no, but it's alot better than anyone else insulting him can do. Do I take your posts here as a flame yes. Publishers are very careful if they respond they are interested otherwise they will stay quite until you have something they like and contact you. If they never contact you that means a no they just will not tell you in case it does become something big. Please know what you are taking about. Publishers do not respond and tell you to improve things just for a kick out of it. Also I would not look for other publishers at this moment (well ok look but not contact) because if they or Jowood find out you could lose your chance. Publishers are known to want to be the only one who knows about it or has a chance at it.

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD [Re: WizRealm] #191617
05/26/04 05:31
05/26/04 05:31
USofA
fastlane69 Offline
Senior Expert
fastlane69  Offline
Senior Expert

USofA
Sigh, why does it always come down to "Fastlane, have you done this" , "Fastlane, have you done that" "Fastlane, are you a lawyer?" " Fastlane are you a whatever".

And why do people read between my lines instead of reading what I'm saying.
Sigh, here we go, time for another typical Fastlane "sigh" response:

Quote:

Fastlane have you ever sent an email to a publisher before?

If I anser yes, does that change my point? Make it more valid?
If I answer no, does that mean that what I said is automatically wrong?
Which one do YOU want wiz? I can play with either one.

Quote:

I know from experence that if they getting a respond it's a good thing.

Read the thread completely. I was one of the first second and third to congrat Romac. When I found out he didn't have a contract, I urged him caution, no more no less. You take this as a flame and me telling him it's not a good thing. Learn to read the complete thread and then come back and thell me what I am or am not saying, ok?

Quote:

Does it mean the deal is finished no, but it's alot better than anyone else insulting him can do.

So I'm insulting Romac now? Learn to read, Wiz. I've NEVER done said, hinted, alluded to, posted, pm'ed, replied to, quoted nor insuinuated anything of the sort. Next time, instead of Broad Generalities, if you feel I'm insulting you or someone, back it up with a QUOTE, ok?

Quote:

Do I take your posts here as a flame yes

Take it up your bunghole for all I care. It still won't make ME a flamer.

Quote:

Publishers are very careful if they respond they are interested

right....

Quote:

If they never contact you that means a no they just will not tell you in case it does become something big

right...and to you this is a good thing!!??

Quote:

Please know what you are taking about.

Okay. Done. Next?

Quote:

Publishers do not respond and tell you to improve things just for a kick out of it.

ROFL And I"M the one is is supposed to know what hes talking about! LOL yeah, publishers are nothing like record publishers or book publisher...they are 100% honest buisness men who will NOT waste your time and are looking out for YOUR best interests!. ROFL <<cough cough naive opinion cough>>

Quote:

Also I would not look for other publishers at this moment (well ok look but not contact) because if they or Jowood find out you could lose your chance.

That's your opinion and I respect it. I've never encountered a statement that was more WRONG, but it is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Quote:

Publishers are known to want to be the only one who knows about it or has a chance at it.

Hmmmm, you seem to know alot about how publishers work and think. Rather than ask for credentials as you did, why not relate to us one of YOUR personal publishing stories, your experience.
I'm sure it would help Romac out IMMENSLY to see how someone SUCCESSFULLY (or not) published a game and what insights they have.
Instead of "trying" to bring my point down, why don't you work on making up a point of your own! Won't that be fun!? Yes it will! yes it will!

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de