by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,310 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon #191548
01/30/04 23:20
01/30/04 23:20
Israel, Haifa
ROMAC Offline OP
Expert
ACTION BIRD - demo coming soon

ROMAC STUDIOS™ wants to announce their first game
ACTION BIRD-
A 3d Arcade Game with puzzling levels full of action all the time, suitble for all ages.
(www.romacstudios.com)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Story: (briefed)

Up in the deep reaches of the blue skies, the bird kindom has started to realize they too want what the humans have. Every century, one bird, one special unique bird, has a chance to have it all - become the bird with the honor, the bird with the respect, to recieve the honor of being the one and only, the action bird - and that bird is you! But before you can recieve this honor, you must complete a series of trial. You are not the only bird that wants to become the action bird. All birds from all around the world come and try to finish all trials, knowing if they win, they would become the action bird and hold that title for the century ahead.

The action bird will finally get the respect a bird deserves. In the game there are three main trials, each consisting of levels:

The Trial of Intelect- The first trial, which will test your ability to find your way through confusing puzzles, and jump your way through levels full of obstacles.
You will have to find your way through complex and puzzling levels, and do it as smooth as possible, because one wrong move and you will find yourself falling into the deep reaches of space and time.

The Trial of Strength - This is the second trial. Here you will be tested on your ability to being the stronger bird. Levels will include riding motorcycles and controling the "Power Ball".

The Trial of Dignity - The last and hardest trial of them all. Here you will be tested on random things regarding showing off your bird skills. You will also be tested on the most important thing of all, your dignity. Levels will include Racing in different types of vehicles (e.g cars, planes) and other unknown levels that will only be shown after beating over 100 levels in the game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Features:

-3 trials with over 130 levels
-1 practice level
-replay mode
-motorcycle riding, power sphere, player skating - all with full physics
-races
-puzzles
-jump and run
-beautiful graphics and animation
-and much much more to be revealed!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Team: (current team)

Programmers:
Mark Swann

Luke Trares
Michael M.

Head Modelers:
Kalin Krastev
Pablo Aizpiri
Elijah Ray Hardy

2d Art:
Guy Tennenholtz
Gustavo Fiorenza
Pablo Aizpiri

Character Animations:
Kalin Krastev

Level Designers:
Guy Tennenholtz
Andrew Bateman
Tom Boslooper

Developer, Idea and Concept:
Guy Tennenholtz

Release date of demo:
Soon, expected release is march 1st, 2004

Early Screenshots:

Feedback is always nice (www.romacstudios.com)

Contacting ROMAC STUDIOS™:
Email: Info@RomacStudios.com
Team: Team@RomacStudios.com

MSN Email: ThePerfectRomac@Hotmail.com
109 Comments
Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD [Re: fastlane69] #191628
05/29/04 02:55
05/29/04 02:55
P
Painiac Offline
Painiac  Offline
P

matthew.crawford@hqda.army.mil

Feel free to email me if you don't belive me. I never graduated high school, not that it's any of your business. I took a g.e.d. option to get out of school sooner. I needed to get a job to support myself. I've been with this current position since October 2003, but i've been working at the Pentagon for over 2 years now, and previously with the Missile Defense Agency at the Navy Annex across the street. The agency I work for is IMCEN-ESD for the HQDA (Headquarters Desk of the Army). I'm being honest here. Yeah I'm young for the job, but i'm more then qualified or I would'nt have the job. It's the same as 15-18 year olds being adept at game development, when the field is run by 30+ year olds.

Even if I had worked in any of the projects mentioned, I could not discolse details due to NDA, and YOU know that too. I was not apart of any public training or simulation program to answer your question.

Look, I don't mean to bring a flame war out, I'm just seriously dissapointed in the work being done here. Most of the games in development are rip offs of tv shows, and unfinished games that never see the light of a publisher. Your all giving him way too much credit. I can make any claim I want, so can ROMAC, but it does not prove he's going to publish this game no matter how hard all of you belive it. I was making a comment, and it was valid, those screenshots look horrible except for the character. Thats it. Your all just a bunch of kids having hissy fits over a bad comment. I count about 3-4 from other people that did'nt get the attention my post did.

Like I said, best of luck, but if you can't deal with one complaint, your in the wrong industry.

Last edited by Painiac; 05/29/04 03:23.
Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD [Re: fastlane69] #191629
05/29/04 03:23
05/29/04 03:23
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Nardulus Offline
Serious User
Nardulus  Offline
Serious User

Quote:

Join us or don't; post or don't; read or don't! just don't mess with us or this community will kut chu' man

Hi Fastlane, I just read that in the voice of "Yoda" made me laugh.

Matt,

Your prevoius post's are what we would call a "Buzz Kill" back in my hazy college days. ROMAC has a lot of work to do. I am excited he is on this publishers RADAR. Its exciting to get noticed by a professional company wether he gets a deal or not I applaud him.

Ken

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD [Re: Painiac] #191630
05/29/04 03:25
05/29/04 03:25
Louisiana, USA
kelly_b_c Offline
kelly_b_c  Offline

Louisiana, USA
Good job AB team on the potential publisher. I am interested to see how this game will turn out. I am looking forward to the updated levels.

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD [Re: Nardulus] #191631
05/29/04 03:37
05/29/04 03:37
P
Painiac Offline
Painiac  Offline
P

Quote:

Quote:

Join us or don't; post or don't; read or don't! just don't mess with us or this community will kut chu' man

Matt,

Your prevoius post's are what we would call a "Buzz Kill" back in my hazy college days. ROMAC has a lot of work to do. I am excited he is on this publishers RADAR. Its exciting to get noticed by a professional company wether he gets a deal or not I applaud him.

Ken

Great, then I'll just not post. Did'nt know I had to join your little cults here. Don't have the time to deal with this. Thats what I get for being honest right?

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD [Re: Painiac] #191632
05/29/04 04:06
05/29/04 04:06
Nardulus Offline
Serious User
Nardulus  Offline
Serious User

Quote:

Great, then I'll just not post. Did'nt know I had to join your little cults here. Don't have the time to deal with this. Thats what I get for being honest right?

Dang, my humor get me in trouble again. Pulling my foot out of the keyboard now....

Matt sorry if you took offense to my comment.

We are a cult, sort of, we are all interested in game development. Sometimes honesty needs to be tempered with a little common courtesoy. Constructive critism as opposed to destructive remarks.

I hope you stick around and offer your insights.

Ken

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD [Re: Painiac] #191633
05/29/04 04:09
05/29/04 04:09
warbird Offline
warbird  Offline

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Matt,

Ken

now im getting odd from the people in here, but i agree with painiac. Many people, so was i, very much for getting a publisher when i was young, if a company contacted me, yeah, i would have been like "omg omg omg i got a publisher!!!!!!" but in reality, not many "home-developed" games gets out and sold. Also, i agree that the game shouldnt really been posted in showcase 2, its just many WIPs, aint it?

Also, that car model ingame, if im not wrong, pablo made it, talked to him on msn for a long time ago, and i think, its a phototexture, aint it? then its coprighted and you might have more copyrighted material in the game? before looking into publishers, try to get a game big first i dont say its bad in any way, its just some cons that game devs has to take, i have taken alot on me and yes, i growth alot, trust me, critism is one of the better things that exist in computer world.

Peace!

//Erik, 3D Artist

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD [Re: warbird] #191634
05/29/04 05:03
05/29/04 05:03
Israel, Haifa
ROMAC Offline OP
Expert
ROMAC  Offline OP
Expert

Israel, Haifa
Hi,

I believe you are right actually, I shouldn't have yet posted this on Showcase 2. When I posted this, I wanted to show a game in beginning development and get some good feedback. I now understand I shouldn't have for people now don't believe this game has potential.
I promise to post very promising screenshots in exactly 3 months, that will show you we are no amature or 16 year olds. New professional models and levels garanteed.
Next time, I'll think twice before posting on Showcase II. I think if we posted in 3 weeks instead 4 months ago, this would have all been okay.

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD [Re: ROMAC] #191635
05/29/04 05:56
05/29/04 05:56
warbird Offline
warbird  Offline

i hope you understand that i didnt mean anything evil with my post, it was just my thoughts, i think your game can become really great, i like the main char alot ( looked much on the concept and model ..) very well done, just keep it up and hold us up to date keep the good work up!

Peace!

//Erik, 3D Artist

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD [Re: Painiac] #191636
05/29/04 10:05
05/29/04 10:05
USofA
fastlane69 Offline
Senior Expert
fastlane69  Offline
Senior Expert

USofA
<<deleted for clarity's sake>>

Re: ACTION BIRD - JOWOOD [Re: fastlane69] #191637
05/29/04 10:22
05/29/04 10:22
USofA
fastlane69 Offline
Senior Expert
fastlane69  Offline
Senior Expert

USofA
<<deleted for clarity's sake>>

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de