Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 857 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 14 of 32 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 31 32
The kID #192647
09/17/04 20:31
09/17/04 20:31
Tirana/Albania
fuxerz Offline OP
The kID

Greetings every1.I think its time to post my project on showcase2.
Short description:
Short description.
You will be playing a private investigator named .....?! wich has been paid to find a missing kid in a small semi forgotten city(there will be a legend behind this).The kid has been kidnaped and the only edvidence found in the place where he dissapeard is a photo of him with his family made in a nearby small city called ....?!
The story will evolve,there will be another character wich will "help" the player through the game.

The finished project will include:
Dynamic camera change (static to chase)
Dynamic map
Cut-scene based story-telling
2 playble characters
1 Whole city to explore
Many types different enemys.
2 bosses
Weapons will vary from simple objects found in the level to handgun
This is all the info i can give now.Expect for new features to be included as development goes on.
Here are the screenshots:

311 Comments
Re: The kID [Re: Locoweed] #192777
01/06/05 11:07
01/06/05 11:07
Oz
L
Locoweed Offline
Expert
Locoweed  Offline
Expert
L

Oz
Sigh, now it's an Ice Storm. I haven't had power at the house for quite a while now.

So, what does a GamDev'er do when the power is out for days perhaps? He hooks his computer to a gas generator (hoping it doesn't fry) and leaves the rest of the house with out power of course.

Since I am homebound, with not much to do I made a couple of more movie teasers.

I am closing in on a fog that doesn't kill the FPS, still needs alot of work though. These examples once again don't really have anything to do with actual The kID levels, other than there are some The Kid models in it. Don't laugh at my music or sounds, I threw them together in a day a couple of weeks ago. I really hope we can get a good sound person. Anyone interested? I haven't heard back from the guy I was trying to get to do the sound for a while, so he's probably in jail or something.

The first movie is all chase cam, while the second has an example of a static cam in action (DivX codec.) I have the free Fraps so I tried to squeeze the movies into 30 seconds, sorry about that. I love killing hounds with my new game pad, too fun. Would anyone dare to guess how many hounds I have killed during testing? Heh.

Any suggestions/comments are welcome.

I keep noticing when I turn on the space heater, the generator seems to groan a bit, hmmm.... I wonder how much more fuel I have.

Later,
Loco

Professional A8.30
Spoils of War - East Coast Games
Re: The kID [Re: Locoweed] #192778
01/06/05 18:36
01/06/05 18:36
Tirana/Albania
fuxerz Offline OP
fuxerz  Offline OP

Tirana/Albania
OMG YOU STOLE MY FLAG
AHAHAHAH
cool one bro
I will send you that level as soon as you reply to my email....

Re: The kID [Re: Locoweed] #192779
01/07/05 00:50
01/07/05 00:50
Pluto
SlyBoots Offline
SlyBoots  Offline

Pluto
Looks good, but the shaders seem to stand out from everything else though (it is a test level though).

I could do some original sounds and music if you want. If you want I could put together some 30 second demo clips as examples.

3DSK Human Photo References for 3D Artists and Game Developers
Re: The kID [Re: SlyBoots] #192780
01/07/05 01:18
01/07/05 01:18
NY USA
R
Red Ocktober Offline
Developer
Red Ocktober  Offline
Developer
R

NY USA
yeah... about the shader effects... would you guys comment a bit on what you think about integrating shader effects into your scenes...

i mean, just in general... do they merge well... do they add to the scene... do they cause any problems, aggravations, etc...

just your feelings so far...

thx...

--Mike

Re: The kID [Re: Red Ocktober] #192781
01/07/05 02:18
01/07/05 02:18
Louisiana
P
Panther_Studios Offline
Panther_Studios  Offline
P

Louisiana
okay, i have audio, but i cant see anything with these videos. Do i need certain codec? I have tried to view it on multiple computers, and none of them work.

Re: The kID [Re: Panther_Studios] #192782
01/07/05 02:28
01/07/05 02:28
Tirana/Albania
fuxerz Offline OP
fuxerz  Offline OP

Tirana/Albania
ok guys,until loco's away,i will reply
1st shaders will give alot to our levels.since we use fog alot,fps will still remain high even with many shaders.The test level is just a mess loco made to test shaders,poly collision and see how fps is with 3 or more monsters.Until now everything goes as silk as oil
Immagine the flashlight that the player will carry,lighting parallax mapped walls and buildings and objects dropping shadows....aw you will see very soon

About the videos,do you have divx installed?i think loco used that to compress em.

SLYBOOTS thanks but i have already found some guys who will do it,they are good indeed...

Re: The kID [Re: fuxerz] #192783
01/07/05 02:44
01/07/05 02:44
Pluto
SlyBoots Offline
SlyBoots  Offline

Pluto
Quote:

I really hope we can get a good sound person. Anyone interested? I haven't heard back from the guy I was trying to get to do the sound for a while, so he's probably in jail or something.

Just replying.

Will the characters etc. also have shaders applied? Or will that slow it down too much?

3DSK Human Photo References for 3D Artists and Game Developers
Re: The kID [Re: fuxerz] #192784
01/07/05 02:45
01/07/05 02:45
NY USA
R
Red Ocktober Offline
Developer
Red Ocktober  Offline
Developer
R

NY USA
fux... are you getting the shaders to react to fog???

i mean the bumpmapped shaders (on the wood)... that's been a big drawback for me...

... the latest normal mapped shaders don't seem to like fog in 3dgs at all.

--Mike

Re: The kID [Re: Red Ocktober] #192785
01/07/05 02:49
01/07/05 02:49
Tirana/Albania
fuxerz Offline OP
fuxerz  Offline OP

Tirana/Albania
sound guy,found hhhehe
Characters will have normal map too,i think they do have it in the demo but it has no normal map skin and looks too bright i think,loco will confirm.
I will make highpoly of every character soon.Some monsters have it anyway.
I think steempie is fixing it,again loco has to confirm.He should be out of fuel or somethin.... ahhaah

Re: The kID [Re: fuxerz] #192786
01/07/05 04:53
01/07/05 04:53
Oz
L
Locoweed Offline
Expert
Locoweed  Offline
Expert
L

Oz
Every model in the that example has a shader of some kind running on it, including the dogs, player(Harry), etc. So we should be able to use shaders for eveything in level from what I have seen so far.

The player and dog models actually just have an environmental shader that I just sprayed a bitmap from lighter grey to darker grey from top to bottom, It's not a shader that would be used for those type of entities at all, just a FPS test thing.

Most shaders do not work with fog. All the models have my.NOFOG = ON; The fog has to be made of sprites and I also have some fog spheres. Thats what I am trying to work out at the moment. I still leave the fog on for the background (sky) though and the d3d_fog color can also be used to effect the color the fog sprites and fog spheres which at this time are not using shaders. The fog is a WIP.

The shaders should be less pronounced later when the fog is better and shaders are applied to objects correctly instead of me just plugging a random shader on everything like I did for this test.

As for how shaders will integrate with everything, that I suppose it yet to be seen. I am a nOOb to shaders, so I am just now studying up on them. Steempipe will be helping us with shaders some also, he is more of the shader guru. I can get the shaders to blend correctly with fog, etc, but as far as how writing shader code, I haven't gotten into that area yet. Fuxer will decide what shaders he wants applied to what objects. Our current test was just to put a shader on everything, especially the more complex shaders, and see if the FPS would still be acceptable, that's me the programmer speaking there, the art team of course would say, how does that shader look on that object. I extensively applied a 2 pass version of Matt Auderheide's Ultimate Lighting v1.0
shader because I thought it would be about as complex as we would use for PS2.0 just for stress testing.

The movies are using DivX codec, so if you download DivX they should work on all of your movie programs.

Loco

Professional A8.30
Spoils of War - East Coast Games
Page 14 of 32 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 31 32

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de