by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,089 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies too!) #193834
02/13/05 13:45
02/13/05 13:45
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies too!)

Hello everyone!

I saved my 100th post for this really special occasion.

The very first demo of Intense Ai is out. Please take the time to download it and tell me what you think of it. Basic features are there, so you can get a hint of how the Basic version of the ai Series will look like.

I apologise in advance for the size of this demo. It's something less than 50mb, but do give it a shot cause it's well worth it. If you find that too much for you though, I guess you'll have to do with some screens instead..

Get the Demo Here!

The features of the Intense Ai engine go as follows:

Nodeless Pathfinding (You don't have to spend hours placing nodes in your levels any more. Ai is capable of handling itself just fine..)

Advanced Cover Tactics (Using the latest technology on cover Tactics, as used in Medal of Honor and Call of Duty. Just build your level and let our Bots worry about where to hide)

Alliances (If a team of gangsters meet up with an FBI squad, hell will break loose! You make the teams, and bots will stick to them!)

Plug and Play (Does C-Script looks like Greek to you? No worries, you can install Intense Ai without typing a single line of Code. If you need to configure your bots properly, you can now do it through WED instead!)

Template 6 Friendly (You don't like the templates? That's fine, our engine will work without them. But if you do, Intense Ai will happily accept any Template 6 weapons you've made already and play along realy nice with your existing Template 6 project.

If you played the demo, and you felt like the models you saw should actually be in your game as well, well I guess this is your lucky day.. Models are on sale as well.

Everything was made by the very talented Blattsalat we all know and love, and he carries a big selection of ww2 models that will be available for sale as well, under the name of 'Intense Ai - ww2 model pack'

The pack will include

Humanoid Models (Soldiers, Generals, and pretty much everything that will make up for a ww2 game)

Weapons (blattsalat has a 'thing' for world war weapons, so you may be assured that everything in this pack will be an EXACT replica of the real thing..)

Heavy and Light artillery (Tanks, ballistics, planes, you name it.. we got it..)

Everything animated and ready to rock 'n roll(Everything is fully animated, and completely compatible with the Intense Ai engine. Either you buy this pack along with the Ai engine or not, these ww2 pack is for you)

Ok, I won't advertise any longer, I feel like these guys on midnight advertisment TV shows who just won't shut up and keep praising their product on and on and on.... until you fall asleep:)

I started the Intense Series, firstly because I could, and secondly because I felt like the community would greatly benefit from it. There are lots of people who have amazing and very original game ideas, but they hardly manage to go through the first stages of game production, because they have to deal with basic things like Ai, pathfinding, etc, etc.. My goal is to build a ground level for them, so that they can take the time to work on their ideas instead!

Of course, I can't just give my work away like that. I have spent many many months on this project, so I'll have to get something back in order to keep working on it. So I want to take this opportunity to ask everyone who is interested in this project to list All the features they would like to see in the Basic version of Intense Ai, and the price they would be willing to pay for it. I do intend to make an Advanced and a Proffesional version as well(I know, the edition names ain't too original, but they do their job..) so please don't storm these thread with too crazy features, like driving Tanks or Bones animation for now. Keep in mind, that the more features you ask for the Basic version, the more time I'll have to take to make them, and the higher the price will be.. So be sensible:)

If you've read through here... thank you:) If you've downloaded the demo as well, double thanks.. Please take the time to post too. Your feedback means lot to me!

Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
111 Comments
Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: LarryLaffer] #193864
02/15/05 17:09
02/15/05 17:09
T
testDummy Offline
Serious User
testDummy  Offline
Serious User
T

@LarryLaffer
Quote:

Please feel free to PM me and I can give you my pathfinding code for free.

I made a request via private message.

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: testDummy] #193865
02/15/05 20:28
02/15/05 20:28
downunder
sixfeetunder Offline
sixfeetunder  Offline

downunder
A question - in what way could a user of IAI work with this template, or what ever it should be? Congratulations for beginners who want to study your code, if they are able to. But if the code has a few 1000 lines, it would be senselessly.
And what should an advanced user of the engine could do with it?
The movement of the soldiers, the shooting of the weapons and the reaction of a target to a bullet is ... pure crap?
Maybe I have misunderstood this topic and you just want to show your work to the community - then ok, respect. But I am not sure about the fact, that you
want to sell your work?!? The promotion and the advertisement you have made in this topic could route my interpretation in this way.

@all: a possible reason for the bad performance on a normal system could be the fact, that this demo uses masses of blattsalats models, which are very highpoly

Last edited by sixfeetunder; 02/15/05 20:31.
Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: sixfeetunder] #193866
02/15/05 20:51
02/15/05 20:51
israel
zohar Offline
zohar  Offline

israel
First , congratulation for the new pack .
i personnaly dont need it to my project but i download it and it looks very promising .

i can only talk about my experince with the previous product "intense dialouge" of Aris and it may give you some answers :

Quote:

in what way could a user of IAI work with this template, or what ever it should be? Congratulations for beginners who want to study your code, if they are able to. But if the code has a few 1000 lines, it would be senselessly

the code is open in a way that you can use the template movement or your movement . ( the movement that Aris put here is just an example) .
the intense dialouge (and i assume this pack too ) comes fully documented , so the fully begginer can use it , however the way the code is written let the advanced developer to enhance the code (in my situation i made the diary (intenese dialouge component) to be my inventory with just few line of scripts.

the intense dialouge demo was not fascinating however with a bit imagination you can understand what you can do with it and after playing with it for a while , its become a very usefull tool .

im using it in my game and it works great , and the support from Aris is wonderful .

Nobody is perfect, I´m nobody
Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: LarryLaffer] #193867
02/15/05 23:10
02/15/05 23:10
NY USA
R
Red Ocktober Offline
Developer
Red Ocktober  Offline
Developer
R

NY USA
i finished the demo... got 'taken under your wing' on completion...

i've resisted commenting here... it seems like something is going on that i don't understand... lots of back and forth...

... anyway,

i had no problems, performance wise, with the demo, although the movement seemed a lil sluggish... but i think that was program specific...

i thought that from a players standpoint, the ai was good... the enemy soldiers seemed to have enough smarts to hide and pursue me, and it took me three tries before figuring out a tactic to beat them and capture the flag...

if the demo was to show the ai, i think it works well...

as far as the models, the tanks and stuff look pretty good, but the people models seem stiff and the texturing needs work, especially in the faces... humans seem to be the hardest to represent in a game... so no bigge there, but if you plan on commercial exloitation, i would (and this is just an opinion) put some additional work into those.

the voice dubs need a fuller, reverb to take a way the 'flatness'... and a lil more volume, especially for the main narator... again, not a major thing unless you are planning going commercial...

overall... there are a few small things, but you've got something here...

thanks for the preview...

--Mike

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: zohar] #193868
02/15/05 23:20
02/15/05 23:20
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Hello all,

Glad to see this thread is growing up. I hope it stays alive until I manage to set up its very own forum when the first version is released..

Quote:

If I could download it I would finish it for sure.(anyway to make the download smaller, like smaller textures?)

Hehe, well don't look too sure, it's hard I tell ya . The only reason I'm able to finish it is because I have a pretty good understanding of what the bots are goona do next:)

I'll work on the smaller version tonight. I'll keep blattsalat's models, but work on a much much much simplier level myself.. It's gonna look awfull though, I can't model to save my life..

Blattsalat's new BSP level is on its way though and from the peek he let me to it, it looks great! When I get my hands on it, I'll try to put it in action asap! We're hoping for some smaller size and better fps this time

Quote:

An added feature at this level is;
The Ai needs to learn to duck or strafe aside.

They do duck and strafe....

Quote:

For an advanced feature, it probably needs to hide often as well as drop to the ground.

They do hide often and drop to the ground.....

Play it again, I'm sure you'll notice it this time.. The bots have a Threat factor which will be individualised later for different personalities(Big Boss 'Dave', or an undead army soldier won't hide at all. They Kill or Die trying... Winnie Private 'Nick' though will flee for a cover the first time he gets a bullet, or gets intimidated(there might be too many enemies, and he'd be left with no allies.. That would increase his Threat counter to his winnie limit, and he'll run away like there's no tomorrow).

The soldiers also Strafe, backwalk, duck and go prone if they have to. This Helps if they want to get cover behind a "short" obstacle, or if they find a "hole" on prone height to shoot from, where they wouldn't be able to shoot at while standing.

Quote:

All in all, just great and full of the potential.

Thanks.. It's comments like this that keep me going... With all the negative feedback last day I was about to give up.. But I guess they had a point, the requirements for this demo were pretty high, and the ai may not be top notch yet..

Quote:

I made a request via private message.

I got it Actually I got a few couples of requests.. I'll clean up the code and send away if you think it'll help you. I still recommend reading Walser's Tutorial though, this is how I started on A* for Gstudio myself.

Quote:

A question - in what way could a user of IAI work with this template, or what ever it should be?

Heya sixfeetunder.. I like your nickname and also the band that comes with that name:)

The beginner won't have to open SED at all. Thanks to Doug's latest work, a user of IAI would only need to open WED, go File-->Add Script-->is_BasicAi.wdl and that's all. Then, he applies the is_Npc action to his bad guy models, set their Health, Armor, Name etc from their Behaviour and they build their game. They won't have to use any sort of Templates 5/6 to be able to work with Intense Ai either, but if they do work with Template 6 then bots will also be able to use the weapons they've built etc, etc..

Quote:

And what should an advanced user of the engine could do with it?

An advanced user could go through the code, I promise it's gonna be clean, tidy and full of comments, and change something he doesn't like or completely mess up with it in order to make something on his own. I take big joy in giving support for my products, so I'll be an e-mail away, for everyone who wants some extra help with it..

Quote:

The movement of the soldiers, the shooting of the weapons and the reaction of a target to a bullet is ... pure crap?

...eh?

Quote:

Maybe I have misunderstood this topic and you just want to show your work to the community - then ok, respect. But I am not sure about the fact, that you
want to sell your work?!? The promotion and the advertisement you have made in this topic could route my interpretation in this way.

I do.. I want to make some money out of it, if that's ok with everyone:)

Let's keep it real, as much as I love coding and Especially Ai, I would never get involved in such a big project if some reward weren't in place.. It's not just for the money though, I assure you:)

Bye sixfeetunder ...

Hello Zohar:)

Long time no see! how's Jesus Journeys coming along?

Thanks for your kind words. And as I've told you before, I'm so happy someone is putting my engines into good use. I highly anticipate your first Demo and you promised I'll be the second guy to see it when it's done, don't forget

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: Red Ocktober] #193869
02/15/05 23:40
02/15/05 23:40
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Heya Red Ocktober. I missed your post there while replying to everyone else...

Quote:

i finished the demo... got 'taken under your wing' on completion...

Whooo! You're big number three that made it to the flag. Way to go my man, I'm impressed!

Quote:

i've resisted commenting here... it seems like something is going on that i don't understand... lots of back and forth...

Heh.. yeah.. don't mind that... the thread is meant for your feedback and nothing else, so please post..

Quote:

if the demo was to show the ai, i think it works well...

as far as the models, the tanks and stuff look pretty good, but the people models seem stiff and the texturing needs work, especially in the faces... humans seem to be the hardest to represent in a game... so no bigge there, but if you plan on commercial exloitation, i would (and this is just an opinion) put some additional work into those.

The Demo had two purposes.. To show Iai's capabilities and also give you a peek view on Blattsalat's model pack. But I wouldn't mind on the cutscene, the dialogue voice overs and things like that too much.. I was just being silly with the Demo there...

Oh, I were also kinda advertising Intense Dialogues there a wee bit too.. In the beginning, you had a chance to talk with Seargant Jake. I used Intense Dialogues for that, and that engine is already on sale for a while now..

As far as the models are concerned, I believe Blatsallat did a terribly good job there.. There's another thread here concerning Intense Ai's graphics, that contains a few close-up photos.. Although I'm no modeler(at all..) I just loved his models.. You don't think they cut it for a commercial ww2 pack?

The Level was heavy though.. Blattsalat knows that and is redesigning a complete different one right now..

Thanks for your comments man... I take everything that you guys tell me under heavy consideration, so keep the posts coming, they help..

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: LarryLaffer] #193870
02/16/05 04:10
02/16/05 04:10
Austria
Blattsalat Offline
Senior Expert
Blattsalat  Offline
Senior Expert

Austria
Hi,

just wanted to update about the performance issue of the demo.

Its not the ai that causes lags on different machines is simple the fact that the entire gfx is not optimized in any way. So dont worry about that.

+models polycount: all models come in high polycount of 2500faces. Pretty doable even for slower machines. The problem here is that they yet use the 1024/1024 work skins and this causes massive lags on older machines. But that is taken care of as we speak.

All models come in a 3 stages lod system that is not implemented yet. Another reason for lags on certain systems.
You dont need to use the 2500 high poly version but can stick to lod stage 1 with 1500 faces as well if you like..so its open end into both directions.
This is pretty important to me since i want make sure that everybody can use the models and doesnt have to suffer from to high or to low polycounts and skinsizes.

+ another main lag is that the shaders used in this level can cause framedrops on certain machines as well. Anybody who has delt with shaders knows that you need optimization here as well. Its simply not implemented yet.

+ the whole bsp calculation and visibility was cut off in this level. Though its an open landscape you can still add bsp regions to it. Also missing in this stage of develpment.

so as you can see its a very early demo and this can cause speed problems. But we are working on them as we speak and try to fix all of them.

Furtehrmore as larry mentioned there will be different demo releases or better said versions coming later on. The high end as well as a very low end version that just represents the ai in a plain level. We are planing a "high", "standard" and "poor manx version" here.

so all models and all gfx is in the making and what you have seen was more ore less a beta for the models as well. Especially for the anims and skins of them.

Overall its coming along great and thanks to the awesome feeback i have received till now via mail and pm it should get into a solid shape pretty soon.

thanks for all the comments so far and taking the time testing the ai pack.

cheers and have a good one

Models, Textures and Levels at:
http://www.blattsalat.com/
portfolio:
http://showcase.blattsalat.com/
Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: Blattsalat] #193871
02/16/05 05:30
02/16/05 05:30
downunder
sixfeetunder Offline
sixfeetunder  Offline

downunder
O.k, Blattsalat and Larry (your nick is fine too - love the games since number 1 on my old 286), wish you damn good luck on your "mission".
But one fact - you have to improve it all. You have to code the weapon, the soldiers much faster and spend them more dynamic.
I have coded the pistol and the tommi of blattsalat too, remember?
It was no masterpiece - but it was the very lowlevel accepted stage of what I would sell.
@Blattsalat - even 1500 P for a soldier is to much, if I like to show minimum 5 of them to blow them to hell.

Last point, larry this is a more zynic statement, please dont misunderstood this words:

In Antwort auf:

An advanced user could go through the code, I promise it's gonna be clean, tidy and full of comments, and change something he doesn't like or completely mess up with it in order to make something on his own.

You must be a genius or a complete insane stupid guy to write this words down

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: sixfeetunder] #193872
02/16/05 05:50
02/16/05 05:50
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Heya sixfeetunder,

yeah, Leisure suit Larry was the game, wasn't it? Last one was a complete dissapointment though, and I was so pissed off cause from now one everyone is going to relate my nickname with the latest game, and I totally hated it.. thank god they used Larry's nephew this time, so they didn't spoiled it altogether...oh well

ok... completely off topic here... but while we're nicknaming.. what on Earth does blattsalat suppose to be any way? is that some kind of salat or something? if so, then what's a Blatt? is that even a word?

Quote:

larry this is a more zynic statement

hehe, I don't even know what zynic means, so allow me to misunderstand your words if I don't like them...

uhmm.. I couldn't see your point though.. you didn't got what I was trying to say?
anyhow, can I just be a complete insane guy instead? I think that one suits me best

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: LarryLaffer] #193873
02/16/05 06:14
02/16/05 06:14
downunder
sixfeetunder Offline
sixfeetunder  Offline

downunder
Hi Larry, I try to explain what I mean with this statement.
If I think about my chaotic coding then I must really respect anybody who is able to code >1000 lines - and is able to understand his one lines after a while. And of course - full respect to anybody who is able to code so clearly that others understand the code.
So Peace! Ups - you come from scotland? So FREEEDOOOMMM!

By the way
"Blattsalat" means salad, normal salad, no cucumber salad, hm.. the simple salad, you know?

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de