by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, 7th_zorro, TedMar), 1,243 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies too!) #193834
02/13/05 13:45
02/13/05 13:45
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies too!)

Hello everyone!

I saved my 100th post for this really special occasion.

The very first demo of Intense Ai is out. Please take the time to download it and tell me what you think of it. Basic features are there, so you can get a hint of how the Basic version of the ai Series will look like.

I apologise in advance for the size of this demo. It's something less than 50mb, but do give it a shot cause it's well worth it. If you find that too much for you though, I guess you'll have to do with some screens instead..

Get the Demo Here!

The features of the Intense Ai engine go as follows:

Nodeless Pathfinding (You don't have to spend hours placing nodes in your levels any more. Ai is capable of handling itself just fine..)

Advanced Cover Tactics (Using the latest technology on cover Tactics, as used in Medal of Honor and Call of Duty. Just build your level and let our Bots worry about where to hide)

Alliances (If a team of gangsters meet up with an FBI squad, hell will break loose! You make the teams, and bots will stick to them!)

Plug and Play (Does C-Script looks like Greek to you? No worries, you can install Intense Ai without typing a single line of Code. If you need to configure your bots properly, you can now do it through WED instead!)

Template 6 Friendly (You don't like the templates? That's fine, our engine will work without them. But if you do, Intense Ai will happily accept any Template 6 weapons you've made already and play along realy nice with your existing Template 6 project.

If you played the demo, and you felt like the models you saw should actually be in your game as well, well I guess this is your lucky day.. Models are on sale as well.

Everything was made by the very talented Blattsalat we all know and love, and he carries a big selection of ww2 models that will be available for sale as well, under the name of 'Intense Ai - ww2 model pack'

The pack will include

Humanoid Models (Soldiers, Generals, and pretty much everything that will make up for a ww2 game)

Weapons (blattsalat has a 'thing' for world war weapons, so you may be assured that everything in this pack will be an EXACT replica of the real thing..)

Heavy and Light artillery (Tanks, ballistics, planes, you name it.. we got it..)

Everything animated and ready to rock 'n roll(Everything is fully animated, and completely compatible with the Intense Ai engine. Either you buy this pack along with the Ai engine or not, these ww2 pack is for you)

Ok, I won't advertise any longer, I feel like these guys on midnight advertisment TV shows who just won't shut up and keep praising their product on and on and on.... until you fall asleep:)

I started the Intense Series, firstly because I could, and secondly because I felt like the community would greatly benefit from it. There are lots of people who have amazing and very original game ideas, but they hardly manage to go through the first stages of game production, because they have to deal with basic things like Ai, pathfinding, etc, etc.. My goal is to build a ground level for them, so that they can take the time to work on their ideas instead!

Of course, I can't just give my work away like that. I have spent many many months on this project, so I'll have to get something back in order to keep working on it. So I want to take this opportunity to ask everyone who is interested in this project to list All the features they would like to see in the Basic version of Intense Ai, and the price they would be willing to pay for it. I do intend to make an Advanced and a Proffesional version as well(I know, the edition names ain't too original, but they do their job..) so please don't storm these thread with too crazy features, like driving Tanks or Bones animation for now. Keep in mind, that the more features you ask for the Basic version, the more time I'll have to take to make them, and the higher the price will be.. So be sensible:)

If you've read through here... thank you:) If you've downloaded the demo as well, double thanks.. Please take the time to post too. Your feedback means lot to me!

Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
111 Comments
Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: sixfeetunder] #193874
02/16/05 08:28
02/16/05 08:28
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Ohhhhhhh, I got it now sure took a while.. hehe..

Well here's what I think.. If you have a tendancy to keep forgetting your code after each 1000 lines, then dish the project and start over again until you finally become tidy!

My previous project, before Intense Dialogues, with 3d GameStudio was Vain. That little beast was made up of a Single wdl file with 35957 lines in it. Do I have the slightest idea what a single function does in that mess right now? nnnnnope... So, I don't let the same thing happen ever ever again.. Everything is nice and tidy now. So tidy it makes me sick sometimes.. I'm the messy kind of person..

The Vain thing was actually funny, cause SED would only support 4 digit line numbers on it's left side..column thing... So I was never actually able to read the last digit of my code which made everything even more comfusing...
well that wasn't that funny... I guess it was geek-funny...

I don't come from Scotland, I come From Greece. I am currently in Scotland though, studying computer science in a university.. Scotland is a nice country alright.. and hey, I do have RockStar North as my neightbours! and some people do suprisingly still wear Kilts here:P so yeah.. Freedooom!!!! (or whatever..:P)

So that's what Blattsalat means... thanks man, his nick was giving me a headache for a while now...

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: LarryLaffer] #193875
02/16/05 09:02
02/16/05 09:02
Canada
Generik Offline
Generik  Offline

Canada
The game works a bit eadgy slow on my p4 1300 620 ram radeon 9600se. Anywyas the game was good with the enemy would hit you and you would go down sooooo much, also it would be good to add some hit points. A headshot usually kills a person. The movements were slow but they found there way around and hid crouched etc. Nice work. When can we see the source released? Purchase or demo trial for ours games. I would like to plug into my game before i purchased it.

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies too!) [Re: LarryLaffer] #193876
02/16/05 11:22
02/16/05 11:22
3DGP Offline
3DGP  Offline

Quote:

From Matt A:
Anyway, if i were you i wouldnt try to to sell this, the AI seems to be worse than the standard template AI.. they stand in one place and shoot at you. The artwork is not worth paying for either, better models can found for free on the net.

Ouch!!! this was kinda rotten thing to say and showed no tact

anyway i think the demo is fine and presented well although it should have show what the AI can do abit better, like how mythic had his show aspects of teams and flipping tables and all that good stuff, those things will help it sell

1 other thing i will never understand, why doesnt anyone use the excellent path system built right into WED, every AAA engine out there uses the exact same system, UT2004 FarCry HL2 they all use the same path system as WED where ya place path and connect the DOTs then the AI uses these nodes for its pathing(dont reinvent the wheel, the AAA ppl know what there doing), it can be A*, Dijkstra's or whatever to run the nodes it doesnt matter, but everyone trys to get exotic with it just to save level designers some time(unneeded),

nodes scanning all over the place(AUM and others) or nodeless systems are not needed and will always be slower and more error prone then prebuilt paths

one of my major suggestion would be redo it to use WEDs nodes, then use nodeskills 1-6 to determine the connecting nodes or cover spots based on the node skill number setting, this way no precalc and fast fast pathing, make the lvl designers do there job, i dont mind doing it

keep it simple

im suprise the templates dont support this already, but ohh well

i think this is very good system you got going but to really start to ask for the dollars like mythic did, some things could be changed or just added to make it abit more attractive, and the main one for me persinally would be the use of WEDs paths, i might part with some moneys then

just some thoughts

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies too!) [Re: 3DGP] #193877
02/17/05 08:38
02/17/05 08:38
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Hiya Generik and 3DGP!

Quote:

it would be good to add some hit points. A headshot usually kills a person

Yeah, that's true.. This feature is on the top of my list right now, along with a more acomplex idle state(patrol/guard/sleep), more weapons and Melee combat, Friendly Ai and more Solo and Team tactics.

Quote:

I would like to plug into my game before i purchased it.

I'm considering a free version, but I haven't given this much thought.. I'll have to get back to you on that....

Quote:

When can we see the source released?

I dunno

Quote:

Ouch!!! this was kinda rotten thing to say and showed no tact

I know... it brought me to my knees.... After all that effort.. someone still compared it with the template ai... Which is great for what it's meant to be doing, don't get me wrong, but it does lack any form of serious pathfinding and decision making to say the least..

Quote:

i think the demo is fine and presented well although it should have show what the AI can do abit better, like how mythic had his show aspects of teams and flipping tables and all that good stuff

I know what you mean.... I'll release another version shortly with much less eye candy and with a Friendly Ai in place, that will make it easier for the player to see him in action.. This demo won't be larget than 6-7 megs this time, and the fps is expected to be better...

I dunno about the flipping tables though, I found that a little bit gay:P... Impressive.... but gay... This thing were only meant to apply to tables or something? what if it was a chair, it would turn that too? although a turned up chair wouldn't make much more cover than an upright chair... anyhow, I understand how cool it looked but I don't think I'll bother with anything like that for the time being..

Quote:

nodes scanning all over the place(AUM and others) or nodeless systems are not needed and will always be slower and more error prone then prebuilt paths

Why don't you like dynamic created nodes? they're called dynamic for a reason.. they keep working, even in a dynamic enviroment.. WED's path system and standard waypoints seem to lack that...

I don't believe my method is too exotic... Using Genetic algorithms for pathfinding(somehow..) now that would be exotic.... but dynamic A*... it's being used all the time in any kind of game.. Especially in outdoor games (of any genre) like Empire Earth... probably because placing 3 or 4 waypoints for every damn tree that happened to be in your jungle level, would be kinda fustrating...

I think I had this conversation before though in another thread.. wait..
Here it is... It was about the Cover System.. I was instructed to use waypoints for that as well.. I think that, that thread contains some very usefull information for both sides.. It's no wonder that both methods are currently being widely used in games, since both have their pros and their cons..

Quote:

i think this is very good system you got going

Quote:

but to really start to ask for the dollars like mythic did, some things could be changed or just added to make it abit more attractive

Thanks man...

Check what I said at the beginning of my post about what features I'll try to be implementing next....

Quote:

and the main one for me persinally would be the use of WEDs paths

sorry man... it looks like you want that badly, but I wouldn't insist on my method if I wouldn't believe in it myself...

I think RazorAi uses waypoints for their pathfinding, and their product is on sale right now.. Maybe that engine would suit your game needs more than IntenseAi will.. check them out..

Cheers to all!
I'll post back soon with the smaller level version!
Aris

PS to Conitec: Those forum downtimes are starting to happen way too often lately.. isn't there any way to prevent this from happening?

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: LarryLaffer] #193878
02/17/05 13:33
02/17/05 13:33
WizRealm Offline
Expert
WizRealm  Offline
Expert

Quote:

I think RazorAi uses waypoints for their pathfinding, and their product is on sale right now.. Maybe that engine would suit your game needs more than IntenseAi will.. check them out..

Haven't read the rest of the post. Thanks for supporting us but RazorAI actually uses nodes too . You could check us out anyway though *points to his signature*

Edit: Misunderstood read below

Last edited by WizRealm; 02/18/05 23:19.
Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies too!) [Re: LarryLaffer] #193879
02/18/05 10:23
02/18/05 10:23
USA
June Offline
June  Offline

USA
I liked the style of it very much, good design. Perhaps some little details of Germany, try pictures of WWII Germany.. Quite interesting! I hope I am not wrong in thinking this is a German place! Good work, coding could use some improvments, but dont we all!

June
smooth-3d.com
Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies too!) [Re: June] #193880
02/18/05 23:13
02/18/05 23:13
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Quote:

Haven't read the rest of the post. Thanks for supporting us but RazorAI actually uses nodes too . You could check us out anyway though *points to his signature*

I thought RazorAi was using some sort of waypoint system that are placed by the level-designer beforehand, just like 3DGP suggested. Oh well..

Quote:

I liked the style of it very much, good design. Perhaps some little details of Germany, try pictures of WWII Germany.. Quite interesting! I hope I am not wrong in thinking this is a German place! Good work, coding could use some improvments, but dont we all!

Thanks man! yeah, those were german ww2 models alright.. there are more to come soon enough..

Let me know what's the next thing you'd like to see codewise.. That's the reason I released this demo in the first place... (and to show some german models of course....)

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: LarryLaffer] #193881
02/18/05 23:20
02/18/05 23:20
WizRealm Offline
Expert
WizRealm  Offline
Expert

Opps you are correct... maybe I should make sure I'm awake before reading stuff. For whatever reason I thought he actually meant pathfinding with Wed PATHS.. going back to sleep

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: WizRealm] #193882
02/18/05 23:23
02/18/05 23:23
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
lol:P

night night

Re: Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now! (and screenies t [Re: LarryLaffer] #193883
02/19/05 02:39
02/19/05 02:39
Germany, BaW�
Rondidon Offline
Expert
Rondidon  Offline
Expert

Germany, BaW�
Hi!

When Intense AI will be released (circa) ??

Robin

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de