by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,310 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DEMO: ACTION BIRD - feedback [english/german] #193981
02/21/05 04:18
02/21/05 04:18
Israel, Haifa
ROMAC Offline OP
Expert
DEMO: ACTION BIRD - feedback [english/german]

Note: This demo is not the official demo, more of a small presentation to the 3dgs community. Official demo will be released on VERY SOON with completely different levels and fixed bugs.

English:

ROMAC STUDIOS is proud to announce their first game
ACTION BIRD™ -
A 3d Action/Adventure Game with puzzling levels full of action at all times, suitble for all ages.
(www.romacstudios.com)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About:

Control the destiny of an entire kingdom. The bird kingdom is at risk of being destroyed and it is up to you to once more prove yourself! You must win the Action Bird contests to keep the Bird Kingdom on its feet!
Your name is Jet, you are no simple bird, you are no simple duck - you are the one and only leader, the one and only Action Bird.
You will be fighting your way through exciting trials:
The Trial of Strength
- 8 large, exciting, nicely detailed levels!
- Great gameplay movements: Jump through great obstacles, climb or even monkey swing.
- Fight over 20 enemies!
The Trial of Speed
- 10 levels full of obstacles and challenges!
- Realistic physics that will keep you thinking about every next move you're going to make.
The Trial of Intellect
- 15 challenging puzzles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Features:

- Stunning graphics using latest technology shader effects to engage the eyes of the players.
- Easy to control and fun gameplay.
- Beautiful instrumental scores giving a great feel to the game!
- Enjoy 3 complete original game modes with over 30 action packed levels!
- Hours and hours of stunning action.
- Enjoy great visual quality and smooth gameplay even with lower system specifications.
- Suitable for all ages!
- And much more...

Release date of demo:
Today!

URL of demo:
http://romac-beta.xixao3d.com/download/demo/Setup.exe
~135 mb

Feedback is always nice (www.romacstudios.com)

Contacting ROMAC STUDIOS:
Email: Guy@RomacStudios.com / ThePerfectRomac@Hotmail.com
MSN Email: ThePerfectRomac@Hotmail.com

With Best Regards,
The Action Bird Team.

German:

ROMAC STUDIOS ist erfreut ihnen deren erstes Spiel zu präsentieren
ACTION BIRD™ -
Ein 3D Action/Adventure spiel mit Knobel Levels voller Action zu jedem Zeitpunkt, geeignet für jedes Alter.
(www.romacstudios.com)

Über Action Bird:

Kontrollieren sie das Schicksal eines ganzen Königreiches. Das Königreich der Vögel läuft Risiko zerstört zu werden und es liegt an ihnen sich ein weiteres
mal zu beweisen! Sie müssen den Action Bird Wettbewerb gewinnen um das Königreich der Vögel auf den Beinen zu halten!
Ihr Name ist Jet, sie sind kein einfacher Vogel, keine einfache Ente - ihr seid der einzigartige Meister!, der einzige Action Bird.
Sie werden sich den weg durch verschiedene aufregende Prüfungen kämpfen:
Die Prüfung der Stärke
- 8 große, aufregende, wunderschöne detaillierte Levels!
- Große Vielfalt an moves: Springen sie über große Hindernisse, klettern oder schwingen sie sich wie ein Affe.
- Bekämpfen sie über 20 Feinde!!
Die Prüfung der Geschwindigkeit
- 10 Levels voller Hindernisse und Herausforderungen!
- Realistische Physik die sie über jeden ihrer nächsten schritte nachdenken lassen wird.
Die Prüfung des Intellekt
- 15 herausfordernde Puzzle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Features:

- Umwerfende Grafik durch das benutzen der neusten Shader Technologie um die Augen des Spielers ausfallen lassen werden.
- Einfache Steuerung und viel spaß.
- Wunderschöne Instrumentelle Musik Untermalung die ein wunderbares Spielgefühl vermittelt!
- Genießen sie 3 originelle Spiel-Modi mit über 30 Action bepackten Levels!
- Stunden um stunden erstaunlicher Action.
- Genießens sie schöne Grafik und ein flüssiges gameplay selbst auf Low-End Systemen.
- Geeignet für jedes Alter!
- Und viel mehr...

Erscheinungsdatum der Demoversion:
Heute!

URL zur Demoversion:
http://romac-beta.xixao3d.com/download/demo/Setup.exe
~135 mb

Feedback ist immer erwünscht (www.romacstudios.com)

Kontaktieren sie ROMAC STUDIOS:
Email: Guy@RomacStudios.com / ThePerfectRomac@Hotmail.com
MSN Email: ThePerfectRomac@Hotmail.com

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Das Action Bird Team.

45 Comments
Re: DEMO: ACTION BIRD - feedback [english/german] [Re: DavidLancaster] #194001
02/21/05 15:03
02/21/05 15:03
Australia
DavidLancaster Offline
User
DavidLancaster  Offline
User

Australia
A few things I noticed:

-At the end of an attack animation Jet jerks to a stand animation. It would look better if you blended the end of the attack animation to the stand animation.
-The ball in the speed trial. If you roll slowly up to a wall, then as you touch it hold down W for a second then press jump. You'll jump much much higher than you usually do.
-In the credits what on earth is that duck lady doing? Anyway, some of the panels that show peoples' names are not transparent and have a black background when displayed.

Re: DEMO: ACTION BIRD - feedback [english/german] [Re: DavidLancaster] #194002
02/21/05 19:21
02/21/05 19:21
Israel, Haifa
ROMAC Offline OP
Expert
ROMAC  Offline OP
Expert

Israel, Haifa
The way we'll resolve these issues:
1) Make the camera entity smaller, this will let it not get stuck on certain objects when panning.
2) Bring the camera closer to the player, this will let you move more freely without having the camera go on a wall even in a narrow alley.
3) Get rid of the fighting in the game, it's too much time consuming, and so we've decided to just have the game full of traps and obstacles you must avoid, and perhaps enemies throwing traps.

One camera flaw can ruin the whole fun... the point of the village was just to give you some eye candy, and no gameplay... in the official demo release you will get much more. I'd like to hear more feedback to see what else we can change. So far the main problem was the camera but that can be easily fixed.

Keep in mind for all of you that expected an absolutely amazing game that we're trying to fit 3 games in 1 which is pretty hard to do, but thanks to your comments we'll manage to bring it as close to your expectations as possible.

Re: DEMO: ACTION BIRD - feedback [english/german] [Re: ROMAC] #194003
02/21/05 23:06
02/21/05 23:06
Germany / Essen
Uhrwerk Offline
Expert
Uhrwerk  Offline
Expert

Germany / Essen
Well, i played the demo and there are som points that really made me mad:

• The controls are - I must damit here with Blattsalat - horrible. Exspecially when controlling the ball. After the ball falls for 137th time in the water there is simply no motivation to play any further. Even the controls in the pusszle part are not good. They are much to slow and indirect. The duck turns to slow to the place wanted. And why are boxes marked, that do not exist in the game when turning towards them?
  • Motivation is a second point. Why should I direct a ball to find three coins? There is simply no reason to act so. Give the player a reason why he should do so. The same with the puzzles. Why sould Action bird solve them. There is noch background story, therefore there is no motivation. The tasks seem like artificial barrieres done by the designers in order to keep some time before the extro runs over the screen.
  • Well, the camera was critized enough I think, you should know what to improve.
  • Why are there three parts in the game. Looks to me like a collection of games. I miss the element that binds them together and makes them ONE game.
  • The levels are easy to get lost in them. Why are the walls all so close to each other. That doesn't make sense.
  • A minor point. The Landscape at the mainmenu is bright, but the sky looks as it was night, that doesn't fit.
  • I got stuck here. Couldnt move any further.

Positive:
  • Very nice music, candy for the ears
  • Good animations

Last edited by Zeitwerk; 02/21/05 23:08.

Always learn from history, to be sure you make the same mistakes again...
Re: DEMO: ACTION BIRD - feedback [english/german] [Re: Uhrwerk] #194004
02/22/05 05:10
02/22/05 05:10
Israel, Haifa
ROMAC Offline OP
Expert
ROMAC  Offline OP
Expert

Israel, Haifa
For those of you who'd like to play the village level a bit more easily and are experienced with 3dgs do the following:

Go to the folder where you installed the game. Go into fcams.wdl, search for zoom_factor = 500;
Change the value of zoom_factor to 200.
Now make a wmp, add the script ActionBirdDemo.wdl as its main script, run the game, then the village, see if you like the way the camera works any better.

Cheers.

Re: DEMO: ACTION BIRD - feedback [english/german] [Re: ROMAC] #194005
02/22/05 09:50
02/22/05 09:50
Germany / Essen
Uhrwerk Offline
Expert
Uhrwerk  Offline
Expert

Germany / Essen
With a zoomfactor of 200 its much better to play. If you're doin this yourself, as Romac suggested be sure to increase nexus size. However, somer more critcism:
  • After finding the second piece of the medal in action mode the second level loads again and the second piece must be found again. Can be repeated endless.
  • When seeing the duck gets some headache when running against a wall first time I laughed, second time i thought "ok...", after the tenth time i was simpla annoyed because I couldn't move when this happened

Last edited by Zeitwerk; 02/22/05 09:51.

Always learn from history, to be sure you make the same mistakes again...
Re: DEMO: ACTION BIRD - feedback [english/german] [Re: ROMAC] #194006
02/22/05 14:05
02/22/05 14:05
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Quote:

And for gods sake exchange the speakers voice. I dont know if thats supposed to sound funny but its anoying after the 243243th time.

No. No exaggeration here. Jeez I guess he really did play it a lot! Anyway I hope you dont feel bad, you have a great game with a ton of potential, I can definately see you making some money on it. So definately keep trying and see it through to the end.

Some of the critiique's here are over little details that people other than game developers would never see, some are critique's that are just personal preference, but some are real things that should be fixed.

I too was irritated with the speakers voice. Not that your voice actor didnt do a great job, but it just didnt work for me.

Your installer was perfect.
Your intro screen was cool.perfect.
Your main menu screen was perfect.

Strength-animations were good, artwork, level design, lighting was saleable, good quality. I agree about the camera and some getting stuck issues.

Speed- difficult, now that I understand that it was 10th level it puts it in better perspective, I didnt know that at first. My only suggestion is that you make the "splash" of the ball in the water look a little bigger, the perspective seems to be off.

I also agree about the missing action bird in the speed level. It would definately be better if you put the bird in the ball.

Intellect-I liked the puzzle. I actually wouldnt change a thing in that department.

It had interesting rules, a funny falling and victory animations and was just fun, but I believe you might have spelled cursor wrong in the intro screen to this challenge.(even though undoubtedly this post is full of spelling and grammar errors)

So dont let any critic make you skip a beat. You have a good thing going just dont give up. I can really see you making money from this project. Definately.

Re: DEMO: ACTION BIRD - feedback [english/german] [Re: Uhrwerk] #194007
02/22/05 14:21
02/22/05 14:21
Oz
L
Locoweed Offline
Expert
Locoweed  Offline
Expert
L

Oz
Hi,

Ok, here we go.

Levels - great.
Visual - great.
Panels - great.
Witty Level - pretty darn cool.
Strength Level: - very nice visually

Dislikes:
Controls - could use some work, a bit hard to move Action Bird in certain situations, doesn't feel real smooth. Action Bird gets stuck alot and it takes like a minute or so to figure out to get him unstuck.
Camera - It's ok, but could be improved alot.
Game Play - realizing that this is not the real demo, I will just mention that you will need to explain why Action Bird is doing what he is doing better. Also, I wasn't sure what keys did some actions by just reading the pre-game window that popped up. In the Witty level I spent alot of time trying to move Action Bird with cursor keys, mouse_left, etc, only to have him stand there. Although those explaination windows are nice.
Speed Level: Much too frustrating, has anyone ever got that ball across the bridge? I mean, dude, that was zero fun. It kind of reminded me of when I go golfing and every ball I hit ends up in the water hazard so I just drive the golf cart around drinking beer.

Overall the game has alot of potential. Many things in game exceed anything I have seen done with 3DGS, unfornately the demo just didn't really seem to keep my attention because there didn't seem to be a flow to the game. I think if you change the controls and camera a bit so it feels more natural it will drastically change the overall feel of the game. I spent too much time trying to move where I wanted to go. I imagine there will be a good story line so I wont say much about that.

I may have sounded a bit critical, but I really like the game and I think you need to address these areas to take Action Bird to the next level.

Loco

Professional A8.30
Spoils of War - East Coast Games
Re: DEMO: ACTION BIRD - feedback [english/german] [Re: Locoweed] #194008
02/22/05 23:22
02/22/05 23:22
Louisiana, USA
kelly_b_c Offline
kelly_b_c  Offline

Louisiana, USA
The only comment I have to offer that I haven't seen mentioned so far is about the intellect level. It would be nice if there was some indicator to show where all the gates are when they are lowered. The way it is now, you have to remember where all of the gates are located. It could be as simple as a green line on the block showing where the green gates are after they have been lowered. The puzzle game was very cool otherwise.

Re: DEMO: ACTION BIRD - feedback [english/german] [Re: kelly_b_c] #194009
02/24/05 01:08
02/24/05 01:08
Finland
Ambassador Offline
Serious User
Ambassador  Offline
Serious User

Finland
After 7 hours of download I got to play the demo. And I admit that I had REALY big expectatios for the game. So here it goes...

Graphics - Graphics are okay over the 3DGS User average but the graphics are realy not the nowadays so called "good" graphics. And the background it the puzzle game was not very good and with my bros comp it flashed weirdly. Some of the textures could have been bigger and richer - - more dirt and stuff.

Controls/Gameplay - Okay now we come to the real part of the game. The controlls were difficult to handle and the camera was not too good. You have to move the mouse way too much if you want to get the camera to the right direction. And as said the camera gets stuck to places very often. And the game play in the ball level was very VERY difficult. I admit that I fell ove 20 times in a row to teh same place. And the camera was too close. It is too diffivult to see what is waiting for you next becouse the camera was so close. And the physics were too "realistic". Some places the ball bounces like a rocket to the wrong direction.

Level design - The level design was a bit boring. The hallways very too tight and narrow. That gives the feel of trying to get away from the level to the player. And in some places our poos bird gets stuck to some weird models...

Models - The models were above average. They vere nice to look and easy to relate to. I especialy liked the ball!

Sounds - Man.... I hate when that guy is laughing to me the 100 time...

Music - The heart of the feel... The musics very very good though not so modernish as I would call game music these days. The compositions vere very nice and good to listen. But the music didn't fit to the game at all. It was too heroic and too movie like. The music fit to the ball level a little better than the other levels.

2d Graphics - Nice but I noticed some funny looking dots at some places. Some of the 2d art didn't fir perfectly to the levels and some panels vere a little over the top colored. ( Strong colors used )

My personal opinion - This game could be competing with other average indie games.

I apologise if I was too harsh or used bad language or if I made someone sad...

Re: DEMO: ACTION BIRD - feedback [english/german] [Re: Ambassador] #194010
02/24/05 01:44
02/24/05 01:44
NewYork, USA
light_mystic Offline
Senior Developer
light_mystic  Offline
Senior Developer

NewYork, USA
Quote:

I apologise if I was too harsh or used bad language or if I made someone sad...

Of course not! We need postive critism to make the game even better.

We are located on the Game Studio Download page under the category of services. Please come and visit the site. We Design professional Level Design, Models, and Textures. Level Design Dreams, LLC
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de