by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (dr_panther, AndrewAMD, Ayumi, TedMar), 1,033 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Rebel Planet Trailer #2 #194247
04/13/05 14:15
04/13/05 14:15
Minnesota
Peter Churness Offline OP
Rebel Planet Trailer #2

I can't believe its been a whole year since I posted our first trailer. This year has seen some major improvments graphically I think and we continue to inch our way forward toward a completed game. We'll release a demo for the community here in June. For now, here's a new trailer for you to check out...

Feedback positive and negative is welcome.

Peter

Rebel Planet - Orion Trailer #2 (April 2005)
131 Comments
Re: Rebel Planet Trailer #2 [Re: Towelie] #194347
08/04/05 23:19
08/04/05 23:19
Melbourne, Australia
Matt_Coles Offline

User
Matt_Coles  Offline

User

Melbourne, Australia
Great work, sorry I'm always on and off the project, the work is looking great!!!

Re: Rebel Planet Trailer #2 [Re: Matt_Coles] #194348
08/05/05 00:36
08/05/05 00:36
North from here...
BlindLeader Offline
Senior Developer
BlindLeader  Offline
Senior Developer

North from here...
The game has a christian background within?
I won't buy it...sorry...I think religion has nothing to do in games
but I love the grafix and so on...

"klar wird es unter dem einem oder anderem problem zu zusammenbrüchen kommen, aber solange die sonne keine 2 schaufeln rosinen bekommt, kann man alle lösen, augen zu machen, oder sich warmzittern"
Re: Rebel Planet Trailer #2 [Re: BlindLeader] #194349
08/05/05 03:16
08/05/05 03:16
Minnesota
Peter Churness  Offline OP

Minnesota
Very appreciative of Wired's generous articles. I have to laugh though - one quote he has me saying I'm pretty sure I didn't say (must have been someone else at the conference) - but it was a good phrase...so I'll take it LOL

As for the Christian content, yes the themes are Christian in nature. However, the game is not preachy and those uncomfortable wtih religious themes I don't think would have a problem with our story. For those interested to hear the message behind our game there will be a "directors cut" menu option but that of course is optional and separate from the gameplay...

Re: Rebel Planet Trailer #2 [Re: Peter Churness] #194350
08/05/05 08:55
08/05/05 08:55
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Hi Blindleader,

I am not religious as well but I work for that project and I am sure that this can also be seen as a very nice fantasy game. Peter has created such a nice story that I would not complain about any christian background. Some games like Gothic 1 and 2 also had religion involved in their story. Though this religion from Gothic is a mere fiction but I do not see a bad point with this.

It would be a problem when the fun is missing and the game would only preach a few messages. But this is not the case (and there is no problem at all with most of the christian messages - these are the base of our society and of our thinking even when we are not religious).

At the end this will be a beautiful game. And I invite you to be open hearted. Listen to the past, the history and to some religions (not only the christian religion). You can learn alot from other people. Do you think that only one way is the right one? No, I don't think so. Many people find their own one and help each other. I find it very good to learn and to respect each other and to be happy with that in a community. And the religion is just another community.

Frank

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: Rebel Planet Trailer #2 [Re: Machinery_Frank] #194351
08/05/05 16:11
08/05/05 16:11
San Diego, CA
S
spartan131 Offline
spartan131  Offline
S

San Diego, CA
I love games that has a message, and not just about killing stuff! I hope this game will be awesome!

Re: Rebel Planet Trailer #2 [Re: spartan131] #194352
08/05/05 16:58
08/05/05 16:58
New York City, NY
R
robodude666 Offline
robodude666  Offline
R

New York City, NY
Quote:

I love games that has a message, and not just about killing stuff! I hope this game will be awesome!

Theres nothing wrong with just killing stuff

Re: Rebel Planet Trailer #2 [Re: robodude666] #194353
08/05/05 17:01
08/05/05 17:01
Glasgow, Scotland
Lost Offline
Lost  Offline

Glasgow, Scotland
Quote:

nothing wrong with just killing stuff

...I know of several international authorities that would care to disagree

Cool stuff, always nice to get a little media attention. Religion interests me even if I have issues with how the Christian faith is managed and run. Aslong as I'm not playing some angel sent to kill all those who dont go to church I'm cool with it. Of course itll have to be a good game before i part with cash hehe.

Lost Games WIP - Nysho and the Attack of the Boons Rise up and flame me like the prepubescent man you outa be son!
Re: Rebel Planet Trailer #2 [Re: Lost] #194354
08/05/05 18:09
08/05/05 18:09
Minnesota

Minnesota
Quote:

Aslong as I'm not playing some angel sent to kill all those who dont go to church I'm cool with it.

Bummer. Guess I'll have to take that part out... j/k

Again, the game does have a message that we're passionate about, but we aim to present it in a tasteful way and in such a way that is respectful of those who disagree with the Christian worldview. And as evidence of that, as Frank has already pointed out above, we have many wonderful folks working on the project who aren't Christian themselves but who still feel comfortable with our product.

Ultimately, most games have a message of one kind or another (excpect maybe Tetris ). I definately believe computer games have a place in the marketplace of ideas!

Re: Rebel Planet Trailer #2 [Re: Peter Churness] #194355
08/05/05 20:11
08/05/05 20:11
Williamsburg, VA USA
draculaFactory Offline
User
draculaFactory  Offline
User

Williamsburg, VA USA
I think your idea of a before flood world is sweet. It is a good theme for RPGs because you can tie it in with the real world. The idea of a civilization before time, be it Atlantis or whatever else, gives the author alot of freedom. I liked the dinosaurs with people idea, although there is no imperical evidence to support this, alot of christians will tell you that we simply haven't found the skeletons yet lol. Good argument, if there was a catastrophic flood all of the remains could have been washed anywhere.

Though I am not a christian, I will pimp this site because I am interested in the archaeology aspect of it.

Link

Here's an example I thought up:

What do you know about how a nuclear reactor works? If this sort of technology was in the hands of a few skilled cultures that were wiped out by one thing or another (e.g. flood, meteor), and you and a few others were the only survivors, what could you tell the world about this technology? Likely almost nothing, exept that your people had an advanced energy source that had the power to destroy the world. You might be able to say that it uses radioactive metals like cobalt and uranium but the specifics will be lost. Sound familiar? Hundreds of years pass and your story was written down in books and becomes myth. Although no specifics are given, rumors of an advanced civilization continue.

If the entire world flooded, you would no longer have a reference point for anything. You would no longer be able to locate where anything was without using an advanced method. You would be completely lost even if you are feet from where your home and would have no way to relate directions to anyone else.

Thank you, I'll be here all week.

Making dreams come true... And being erroneously accused of software piracy by Conitec in the process.
Re: Rebel Planet Trailer #2 [Re: draculaFactory] #194356
08/05/05 20:42
08/05/05 20:42
Minnesota

Minnesota
Exactly. It's simply fascinating to speculate on what the anient world may have been like. And that is really all we're doing in our game - speculating. In some of our other materials we stress that we're not at all trying to convince people that the world we're presenting was anything like the acnient world before the flood may really have been like. We've got some theories and ideas, but we really don't know and no one else does either for sure. Our aim is not even to teach what the Bible says about the pre-flood era. We're careful to not contradict the Bible and we ARE trying to communicate some central themes of the Bible and wrestle with some basic spiritual/philosophical questions (i.e. why is there evil and God's rescue mission to save humanity, etc.). But, at the same time...it IS a fantasy RPG

Okay...I better stop. Good discussion, but probably belongs in another forum topic...

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de