by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (ozgur, degenerate_762, 7th_zorro), 1,075 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Demo available soon - ' Mind’s Eye' #194619
05/24/05 19:09
05/24/05 19:09
M
MentalAbyss Offline OP
Demo available soon - ' Mind’s Eye'

Hey everyone, I just wanted to actually make a showcase post. Most of the work I see here is top notch so I haven’t made any post of my own work out of fear of how it would look and be received. But I figure why not, I’ve been setting on this shots for probably two months and I guess I should make a community showcase of it. They are from my current project, it’s geared for causal gamers so you will not see any shaders , sorry, I felt that holding back on the shaders gave this particular title more potential audience so I decided to forgo them. Even without the shaders it achieves the look I’m after and I hope you like it. The demo will be entered in the spring contest so you guys will be able to check it out then. Enjoy!

A6 Developer, Contractor and Content Producer. See our digital goods for sale at www.GameKnack.com Ask about our contract services for models, scripts and level design at www.MentalAbyssStudios.com
23 Comments
Re: Demo available soon - ' Mind’s Eye' [Re: real_illusion] #194639
09/23/05 23:38
09/23/05 23:38
M
MentalAbyss Offline OP
MentalAbyss  Offline OP
M

It’s been a while since the last update, I’ve been busy working in new maps and new elements for game play including powerups and HUD elements and new entities for the maps. Good news is that two maps are now in beta stage and everything looks to be lined up now for full blown Level design work as the core game mechanics are now in place for the most part. The first level has not changed that much just with the new items, chest and coins placed. I’m putting up a few shots of it just so you can get an idea. Most of the shots are from the newer map. The second map is in the same tomb so the main texture and design feel carry over to hold true to the tomb’s theme. A couple of new obstacles have been added like fall away poles that collapse under the wait of the ball, and rounders, annoying little devices that like to push the ball around and make navigating things like hallways a real trick.
I’m hoping to have the third level done and ready for beta in about two weeks or so, you will be able to see it in the Oct. update. Since I’ve decided to start doing regular updates as a means to help me stay focused and on track. Hope you enjoy the material.

MentalAbyss

Click Here for movie (11.4 MB)

P.S. As of right now I do not know when a public Demo will be available. I got a deal with Ice Byte Games to publish the title so I’ve been reworking and improving the game to bring it more up to par now that it is a sure thing. So a the demo release was postponed for now, But I will keep you all updated that as development continues. Thanks all!

A6 Developer, Contractor and Content Producer. See our digital goods for sale at www.GameKnack.com Ask about our contract services for models, scripts and level design at www.MentalAbyssStudios.com
Re: Demo available soon - ' Mind’s Eye' [Re: MentalAbyss] #194640
09/24/05 09:13
09/24/05 09:13
germany, dresden
ulf Offline
Serious User
ulf  Offline
Serious User

germany, dresden
very cool! iam also developing a game that is a bit like marble madness but with a complete different setting, i like your work everything is very detailed! keep up the good work

Re: Demo available soon - ' Mind’s Eye' [Re: ulf] #194641
09/25/05 14:31
09/25/05 14:31
M
MentalAbyss Offline OP
MentalAbyss  Offline OP
M

Thanks utz! good luck on your marble game, I'll keep an eye out for some more post about it.

Re: Demo available soon - ' Mind’s Eye' [Re: MentalAbyss] #194642
09/25/05 16:04
09/25/05 16:04
germany, dresden
ulf Offline
Serious User
ulf  Offline
Serious User

germany, dresden
ill post something about it in the showcase forums when i have some of the first levels done, right now the coding is almost finished but i still have to add the models/maps. regards.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de