by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (7th_zorro), 1,390 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 2
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
STREETKICKER : Commercial version available ! #195276
09/05/05 15:58
09/05/05 15:58
Z
ZZZgames Offline OP
STREETKICKER : Commercial version available !

Hello everybody.
I have worked on this project since March 2005.
At the beginning, i didnot know anything about C-script and 3D Gamestudio.
Thanks to the community on this forum ,i have learnt very much .
Hard work and self-abnegation made my project become true .
I want to share it with you.
I want you to enjoy my game

This is my website :

http://www.zzzgames.com

Thanks !

Its a pleasure to play around with A6. zzzgames.ifrance.com : go try & buy Streetkicker
57 Comments
Re: STREETKICKER : Commercial version available ! [Re: Guardian] #195316
01/29/06 05:21
01/29/06 05:21
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline
Warned

U.S.
The game is not a good game , there is no need to sugar coat the reality of the game, it's a bad game , even though it's impressive that it was made by only 1 person , it's still a bad game. It's a fighting game which doesnt come even close to being anywhere near say , double dragon , which was a game made ages ago for the NES , a system thats prehistoric cmopared to the computers of today, so if a game made back then on that machine is better than your game now , made with this machines , then ur game IS a bad game , period. This might sound harsh , but who in their right mind would think of selling streetkicker , the game is obviously freeware quality , a learning experience , I'm sure a lot got accomplished in the learning department while making it , which should be more than enough pay. You now know how to make a game , from start to finish , and u have a good foundation for a 3d fighter built , what you have to do now is POLISH POLISH POLISH untill street kicker is a commercial quality game. Dont give up on it , the game has a lot of potential , it can be a very good game , but like gold in a mine , a lot of work needs to be done beforeyou make money from it. The first thing you need to do is upgrade the visuals , you need clean , sharp visuals , something thats pleasing to the eye , you need your characters , your reasons , your hero , your point , your bosses , your last boss , thats a basic structure of what you need , nice gfx , nice music/sound fx . some more original fighting/fighting moves , and just clean up the code some till it's perfect , and you'll have a commercial quality work. This IS a lot of work , but what game isnt ? I would sujest forming a team , even if it's a small team , it will help a lot , because it will allow each person to dedicate themselves to 1 area of the development. Hopefully you wont give up on your game , it has great potential , dont let the fact that it didnt sell get you down , you werent suppossed to be trying to sell it in the first place , good luck with your game development endevours.

Re: STREETKICKER : Commercial version available ! [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #195317
01/29/06 15:30
01/29/06 15:30
New York
dennisb Offline
dennisb  Offline

New York
I do not think streetkicker is a bad game. Sure it is not professional quality like tekken or something, but it is not a bad game. I have fun playing it. That surely counts for something. I don't think I'm sugar coating anything, this guy has a lot of raw talent and dedication. I know why do I die is being helpful wih his criticism, I am not arguing with him, just saying I don't agree the game is bad.

Maybe he is right about not having it released as a pay game for your first game though. You will get more people interested in your game if it is free and they will certainly be impressed that it is your first game. Then hit your followers up for the cash on the release of the next game which is more professional and polished. To me it was worth paying for streetkicker because I can really appreciate the hard work that goes into a game and I am a struggling artist too, but I don't think most people really care about that.

Don't get worried about your lack of sales. You made a game, you did it, you are a success I think. Maybe in the future you will be a commercial success too. I certainly think you have the potential. I contacted the makers of back alley brawl a while ago to see how things were going with their game because I wanted to know if there was a market for fight games for the pc. They told me they get many downloads but not many sales. They believe there is not much market for fight games for the pc. So that is a factor as well. I don't know if you ever considered that too. The team I am working with now is making a fight game because we really want to and believe in it and the story. If we can sell some it will be an added bonus. We plan to really go all out on it. My team members are more skilled than me so I will learn a lot. But they are not pros or anything so they will learn a lot too.

Well, let me know about getting that .wdl it would really help me a lot.

Take care.

Dennis Borruso Visit My Online Store http://www.cafepress.com/3dfrog
Re: STREETKICKER : Commercial version available ! [Re: dennisb] #195318
01/29/06 20:48
01/29/06 20:48
TheExpert Offline
Senior Developer
TheExpert  Offline
Senior Developer

I entirely agree with WhyDoIdIe

you have a good base , now it's polish in every domain :
better 3D models , and fight with real bad guys , not poor ones on the street !!
a real story , real stages/bosses, and
fluid animations : no standing robots , but better moves.

same thing for graphics, polish them , but i know that the art of texturing
is really really deep and need lot of work to master it , but with some work you
can produce great things , and a tips : use homogenous textures, not too bright
ones , or too dark.

A big tips for your level : draw it with a tablet, colorise it with light colors and draw all objects , textures :
after that you'll have a precise idea of your level and textures :it's like
Pro games : all games serious in game industry are made with 2D art illustrations : prince of persia 3 , god of war etc ....

like WhyDoIDie said
keep it , polish it , first try to find a modeler to make some better 3D character in better resolution , caus you don't fight 10 persons ,and it's not
big levels like mmorpg , so use better resolution characters.

For animation try , to make more fluid one , realistic, a tips perhaps :
use Mame arcade emulator, run street fighter or double dragon 5 or another one
like SNK series or final fight , perform moves and pause game to capture screenshot and try to make same moves with your characters.

perhaps you'll have more fluid realistic and smooth animations , have you used animation blending ?

for camera, why not keeping a travelling one with soem 3D zoom or rotation in some case ; like in GOd of War on PS2 (the best action/adventure game of all time ) !!
I think it would be a lot better , play God Of War and perhaps you'll change yoru mind on the camera ?

yes, it's a game bad compared to final fight on mame or double dragon
, final fight 3 on Snes , or other great beat them ump.

Keep working in it caus lot of us could buy it if oen day you reach commercial quality
take your time , if you plan a year that's good , so go slowly ,but surely,
and why not use bump shader on characters later ?

Last edited by TheExpert; 01/29/06 20:50.
Re: STREETKICKER : Commercial version available ! [Re: TheExpert] #195319
01/30/06 00:02
01/30/06 00:02
USA
Guardian Offline
Serious User
Guardian  Offline
Serious User

USA
This is one of the few games made with 3dgs that is fun to play. Though I agree it needs work primarily on the models and programming. It would likely not sell much better without and equally vigorous marketing strategy. And I think it’s the fun to play part that would be easiest to sell.

Guardian

Guardian

Game Models
Re: STREETKICKER : Commercial version available ! [Re: Guardian] #195320
01/30/06 14:26
01/30/06 14:26
Z
ZZZgames Offline OP
ZZZgames  Offline OP
Z

Thank you very much everyone for your comments .It was unexpected and always good to read

At the moment,i m not involved in game making though i started a project of Kick-Boxing game after Streetkicker.I dont plan to finish it for the moment.
I think Streetkicker sucks in graphics and level design if you compare it to commercial games like Metal Gear Solid 3..Thats obvious .
But i didnot want to reach this quality.Otherwise, i wouldnot have used 3DGS .
I thought there was a place for games with moderate graphics and moderate level design.....as long as they are fun?
So i mostly worked on the gameplay in order to create something new and fun.And i hoped that it would find an audience
I can make beautiful graphics...but it takes much time.
And 3DGS is not that optimized for beautiful models and graphics .
The more vertices you have in a model , the more resources its using..And for the kick-boxing demo,i ended with a model of 22 Mb :
-4574 faces
-481 frames because i need them to play 18 attacks,13 pain animations,6 block animation,7 KO related animations,and few misc animations.....

Imagine if i want to feature 12 boxers from all over the world with different tactics ...

I have lots of ideas for a better version of Streetkicker ...
But a perfect beat'em up game needs a lot of nice levels and different enemys.
Its too much work for one single person .I 'd need a good team to make the good version of Streetkicker.

Whereas i gave up game making for the moment, i still like game making ...
At the moment, my time is splitted between work and kick-boxing training...
So if i happen to make a game,i guess i 'll take my time ....Ill never provide up-to-date graphics ;P
So if you have a good project of 3D fighting game and you need someone with few spare time in your team ,then feel free to send me a PM . I 'd be happy to know my first experience of a team project.

Its a pleasure to play around with A6. zzzgames.ifrance.com : go try & buy Streetkicker
Re: STREETKICKER : Commercial version available ! [Re: ZZZgames] #195321
01/31/06 11:43
01/31/06 11:43
TheExpert Offline
Senior Developer
TheExpert  Offline
Senior Developer

You have a good philosophy

Your goal is not selling a AAA Game, you had
lot of fun making it , without working months on graphics
and other things : the result is a cool game

For the memory taken by MDL7 , yes it's really big ,
perhaps Conitec will optimize it wit hsome algorithm ?
And .X support is planned

That's strange but lot of pople here are only interested
by graphics, and i think a lot forget the fun

Re: STREETKICKER : Commercial version available ! [Re: TheExpert] #195322
01/31/06 14:47
01/31/06 14:47
USA
Guardian Offline
Serious User
Guardian  Offline
Serious User

USA
I'm curious about your model problems for you’re fighting game. I make models with med all the time and have never seen such size. I make a model with about 2500 polys and 100 plus frames of animation and they are usually under 1 mb. Much less if I use a tga skin but I have found tga skins unreliable lately.

Why is your model so huge? Can we see screens of it and its mesh?

Just curious, maybe we can help.

Guardian

Guardian

Game Models
Re: STREETKICKER : Commercial version available ! [Re: Guardian] #195323
01/31/06 20:46
01/31/06 20:46
T
Trev101524 Offline
Trev101524  Offline
T

i agree with the fact that it is beyond one person to creat a game capable of competing in todays market... it is not practicle to try, seeing as as soon as the game is done, new technology will already be out, and what were considered great graphics two years ago, will not be anything to talk about once the game is done.

As for your attitude about game design, especially with 3DGS, i couldnt agree more. I bought GS for one purpose, to have fun designing small games that I could maybe bounce off my friends. So far, none of my projects have been good enough to post here, graphics-wise and gameplay-wise, however, since i came into 3DGS not knowing anything about any kind of programming, i am proud of them... The game is fun, a little bit quicker animations would be nice, as in the punches beeing sped up to more real life speed, but otherwise, its a nice game. I think that you should definately make an SK2, maybe focusing a little bit more on more complex level design, that is, throw some puzzles in there. Anyways, great game, again... Hope to see more!

Re: STREETKICKER : Commercial version available ! [Re: Trev101524] #195324
01/31/06 21:10
01/31/06 21:10
Europe
ShoreVietam Offline
Expert
ShoreVietam  Offline
Expert

Europe
My main model is made with MED and much smaller, too.

2210 polys, 19 Bones, 175 Animation Frames and a 256x256 pixel texture -> 837 KB

My project Schlacht um Kyoto - Das Samurai Browsergame! (sorry, german only)
Re: STREETKICKER : Commercial version available ! [Re: ShoreVietam] #195325
02/01/06 13:39
02/01/06 13:39
Z
ZZZgames Offline OP
ZZZgames  Offline OP
Z

Hi .

When i started to make my models ,i had to choose between vertex animation and bone animation.
I tried them both a little at the beginning but i saw that bone animation through MED was hard to handle ...Problems with precision and making smooth animation..
My character limbs seemed to become flat and shrink when i played bones animation and it was ugly on the screen whereas vertex animation was nice and smooth if i provided more frames.

If you can make bone animations with humanoid models (3k-10k poly) and no limb shrink or flatten ,then i m interested in your methods ..
I must admit its quite crabbed to rig a model with MED ..I cant find a way to apply vertices to several bones .This is needed for smooth animations for the elbows, the knees ,the head ,the shoulder,etc....any articulation needs(at least) one line of vertices to be shared by the 2 bones.

Thats why i use vertex animations, and thats why it takes so much place : because mdl file must store all the coordinates of each vertex for each frame.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de