by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,014 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 4
Page 3 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 23 24
Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. #195467
09/28/05 17:09
09/28/05 17:09
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy.

Hello everyone,

After a long long time, I managed to get another demo up for you. There you go..

Intense Ai - Blast From The Past - 4.5 MB

For the faint of the heart, I've also made a slower version. Same rules, but both you and the bot are walking slower. Mouse sensitivity is also dropped.. a tad. However, you can 'cheat' by going faster than the bot, when keeping SHIFT pressed.

Intense Ai - Slower Blast From The Past - 4.5 MB

It's you and one bot, powered with Intense Ai(duh), fighting it to the death. First to reach 20 Frags wins.

I'm also setting up a little contest for fun. If you get to win the match you'll be rewarded by a "secret password". The first one to post this password here will get a free copy of Intense Ai - Standard version, when it's out.

I think I made the bot pretty tough. The idea is, it's easier to make a hard Ai weaker, than visa versa. Other than that, the match is fair. Both the player and the bot have the same HitPoints, same speed and the bot never 'cheats' in any way. It's like playing multiplayer with another human player.

I think I'm gonna post a pic now...

Old timers may also recognise the level. I practicaly ripped every texture, sound, model and the music from the old game Doom II. This is the first map, Entryway, which I initially made myself, and then Bilbo_bogimps redid it cause mine was horrible . All the doom weapons are also there and they behave exacly like in the original. I had to go without the BGF though, cause that thing needed one full day to be coded and I really didn't had the time.. So, sorry BFG fans, maybe in another version .

Ok guys, N'joy. Let me know what you think.
Aris
Last edited by LarryLaffer; 09/29/05 08:16.

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
233 Comments
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: Machinery_Frank] #195487
09/29/05 08:07
09/29/05 08:07
Germany/Nürnberg
Juppp Offline
Developer
Juppp  Offline
Developer

Germany/Nürnberg

Quote:

He does not make mistakes

he does

Quote:

You said that you came close to winning the 20 frags. And you tested that all summer. Hey, you should be the best man to recognize that this is way to hard when you try the demo only a few hours and I will not practice it all winter

i did beat the bot on my 5th attempt i believe, played about 30mins total.

I'm sure you can change the bot's accuracy as well in the released version to make it more friendly for other players.

Of course, this kind of AI would be not a nice start for "Level 1" in a game
But it's good to know that the AI can be that good to give the game also some real content and challenge for the player. I personally totally hate easy games with no challenge at all.

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: LarryLaffer] #195488
09/29/05 08:16
09/29/05 08:16
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Ok there's a slower version for you all..

here it is

Intense Ai - Slower Blast From The Past - 4.5 MB

Walking so slow drove me nuts though, so I made SHIFT as a 'run' button. It works exacly like in Doom 2, if you wanted to run faster you'd had to have SHIFT pressed at all times. There was no Run Lock button.. I liked it, it simulates that it's more difficult to do other things while running..

Anyhow, the bot doesn't have this option so when you're pressing SHIFT you're actually cheating.. but knock yourself out:)

Mouse sensitivity is also lowered a bit..

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: Machinery_Frank] #195489
09/29/05 08:22
09/29/05 08:22
Glasgow, Scotland
Lost Offline
Lost  Offline

Glasgow, Scotland
For some reason the game seems to want to move my view upwards and spin around and around nonstop. It's not jammed either because I've tried several times.

Lost Games WIP - Nysho and the Attack of the Boons Rise up and flame me like the prepubescent man you outa be son!
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: Juppp] #195490
09/29/05 08:25
09/29/05 08:25
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Don't get me wrong. I like this AI and will buy this tool when it's finished but I hate campers as much as you hate easy to beat games

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: Machinery_Frank] #195491
09/29/05 08:32
09/29/05 08:32
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Quote:

When I would create a real game with this superb AI, I would like to give also human players a chance. We are no machines.

As I've said already, 'The idea is, it's easier to make a hard Ai weaker, than visa versa'.

You can already change his accuracy through WED. I've set it to 'pretty darn good' so if he misses it will mostly be caused by the accuracy rating of the weapon, which is different than the accuracy value of the bot.

The architecture I'm using also makes it really easy to adjust level of difficulties. A difficulty of Easy can be achieved by allowing the AI to focus on goals that would otherwise be of low priority, and a high difficulty setting might have the AI focus excusively on the most pressing concerns with less regards for personality variations.

If you guys want me to make him easier, I can do that. But I spent last year trying to make him hard, so I wanted to show that first....

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: LarryLaffer] #195492
09/29/05 08:36
09/29/05 08:36
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

I absolutely understand it. I tried your second version and it is still too hard to have fun. I die, respawn and he still hast the rocket launcher

But as I said I am very interested in your AI. And this is only the beginning. I know that you have very interesting things on your todo list.

I would also be interested in seeing a demo with more but much weaker Bots.

Frank

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: Lost] #195493
09/29/05 08:38
09/29/05 08:38
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Quote:

For some reason the game seems to want to move my view upwards and spin around and around nonstop. It's not jammed either because I've tried several times.

Strange... Try rebooting.. it has to be your computer, cause it didn't happen to anyone else..
Maybe you should also try the Slower version with the slower mouse sensitivity..

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: Machinery_Frank] #195494
09/29/05 08:41
09/29/05 08:41
Germany/Nürnberg
Juppp Offline
Developer
Juppp  Offline
Developer

Germany/Nürnberg

Quote:

absolutely understand it. I tried your second version and it is still too hard to have fun. I die, respawn and he still hast the rocket launcher

bah, it's very easy now with that slow speed...

honestly, i wouldn't change the AI at all.
But in the demo i guess you have to set his accuracy to 10% or even lower to make some people happy

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: LarryLaffer] #195495
09/29/05 08:45
09/29/05 08:45
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Quote:

I would also be interested in seeing a demo with more but much weaker Bots.

Demos do take an awfull amount of time to complete, so I won't promise anything since I want to get the release version out too someday. But I definatelly know what you mean.

I took the challenge of a Player Vs Bot Arena because it's the most difficult one you can take. Getting lots of dumb versions of this bot and putting them on a single player level will be the easy stuff now..

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: Juppp] #195496
09/29/05 08:48
09/29/05 08:48
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Quote:

bah, it's very easy now with that slow speed...

Oh my goodness, you are quite a swank
Some of us are older than 30 and no FPS guys that train their reflexes 6 hours a day. Most of us are software developers that create games in their spare time.

But I don't want to start a flame I would just be a bit more happy when you show a little respect to others as we show respect to you.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Page 3 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 23 24

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de