by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,014 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 4
Page 4 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 23 24
Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. #195467
09/28/05 17:09
09/28/05 17:09
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy.

Hello everyone,

After a long long time, I managed to get another demo up for you. There you go..

Intense Ai - Blast From The Past - 4.5 MB

For the faint of the heart, I've also made a slower version. Same rules, but both you and the bot are walking slower. Mouse sensitivity is also dropped.. a tad. However, you can 'cheat' by going faster than the bot, when keeping SHIFT pressed.

Intense Ai - Slower Blast From The Past - 4.5 MB

It's you and one bot, powered with Intense Ai(duh), fighting it to the death. First to reach 20 Frags wins.

I'm also setting up a little contest for fun. If you get to win the match you'll be rewarded by a "secret password". The first one to post this password here will get a free copy of Intense Ai - Standard version, when it's out.

I think I made the bot pretty tough. The idea is, it's easier to make a hard Ai weaker, than visa versa. Other than that, the match is fair. Both the player and the bot have the same HitPoints, same speed and the bot never 'cheats' in any way. It's like playing multiplayer with another human player.

I think I'm gonna post a pic now...

Old timers may also recognise the level. I practicaly ripped every texture, sound, model and the music from the old game Doom II. This is the first map, Entryway, which I initially made myself, and then Bilbo_bogimps redid it cause mine was horrible . All the doom weapons are also there and they behave exacly like in the original. I had to go without the BGF though, cause that thing needed one full day to be coded and I really didn't had the time.. So, sorry BFG fans, maybe in another version .

Ok guys, N'joy. Let me know what you think.
Aris
Last edited by LarryLaffer; 09/29/05 08:16.

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
233 Comments
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: Machinery_Frank] #195497
09/29/05 08:58
09/29/05 08:58
Germany/Nürnberg
Juppp Offline
Developer
Juppp  Offline
Developer

Germany/Nürnberg

Quote:

Oh my goodness, you are quite a swank
Some of us are older than 30 and no FPS guys that train their reflexes 6 hours a day. Most of us are software developers that create games in their spare time.

i'm 26, and the last FPS i played was this one and about 3 years ago, i rarely have time to focus on playing games due to work, family and yes programming, it's my job. So please don't think i'm a crazy fps gamer or something, cause i'm not. I'm a programmer, scripter, web developer and this is the true fun for me.
That being said, i don't have 6 hours a day either only to play FPS, i rather go out with my wife + kid.

Quote:

But I don't want to start a flame I would just be a bit more happy when you show a little respect to others as we show respect to you.

i never said anything bad about you nor did i disrespect you. Not sure what you mean. I'm sorry if i offended you anyways. I simply stated several times that the AI is fine and shouldn't get more weaknesses, of course give everyone the option to change the bot's AI (accuracy, run speed, etc.).

again, sorry anyways, in no way it was my intension to offend you.

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: Machinery_Frank] #195498
09/29/05 09:36
09/29/05 09:36
O
Orange Brat Offline

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline

Senior Expert
O

Quote:

For some reason the game seems to want to move my view upwards and spin around and around nonstop. It's not jammed either because I've tried several times.

That sounds like a new templates quirk/bug. I haven't tried this demo, but the newest version of the templates cause this problem on my end(and others).

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: Orange Brat] #195499
09/29/05 13:59
09/29/05 13:59
YeaWhatever Offline
YeaWhatever  Offline

So, when do you think the commercial release is going to be ready?

Windows XP, SP2 Commercial Edition V6.31.4 Pentium 4 CPU 3.4Ghz (2 CPUs) 510MB RAM NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 64MB
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: YeaWhatever] #195500
09/29/05 18:58
09/29/05 18:58
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
After I code 3d pathfinding so the Bots can jump, climb stairs etc...

But as I've stated in another thread, if I see lots of people that don't care about this functionality too much and they're levels are pretty much as flat as the one I showed you, then I can release it now and work on 3d pathfinding later..

But really... the ground must be really flat... One step or a 2-pixel-tall hill, and the bot will freak out...

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: LarryLaffer] #195501
09/29/05 21:19
09/29/05 21:19
YeaWhatever Offline
YeaWhatever  Offline

Hmm. I've got a pretty decent pathfinding algorithm that handles flat surfaces with a height variation of no more than 100 quants. I will wait for your 3d solution (which is no trivial task). Good luck with that.

Windows XP, SP2 Commercial Edition V6.31.4 Pentium 4 CPU 3.4Ghz (2 CPUs) 510MB RAM NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 64MB
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: YeaWhatever] #195502
09/29/05 21:34
09/29/05 21:34
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Thanks. I'll need it..

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: Lost] #195503
09/29/05 23:09
09/29/05 23:09
OptimuS Offline
OptimuS  Offline

Quote:

Quote:

For some reason the game seems to want to move my view upwards and spin around and around nonstop. It's not jammed either because I've tried several times.

Its from your optic mouse I have the same problem in the computer clubs here when I go to play Counter-Strike or anything that has bullets :P thats why my mouse isnt optic

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: OptimuS] #195504
09/30/05 00:16
09/30/05 00:16
Glasgow, Scotland
Lost Offline
Lost  Offline

Glasgow, Scotland
My mouse still has a rather long tail that goes into the back of my PC im afraid.

I'll give it another go tommorow but it really doesnt "feel" like a hardware issue.

Lost Games WIP - Nysho and the Attack of the Boons Rise up and flame me like the prepubescent man you outa be son!
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: LarryLaffer] #195505
09/30/05 02:04
09/30/05 02:04
from the 'Burgh to Denver
CBuilder2 Offline
Developer
CBuilder2  Offline
Developer

from the 'Burgh to Denver
Quote:

After I code 3d pathfinding so the Bots can jump, climb stairs etc...

But as I've stated in another thread, if I see lots of people that don't care about this functionality too much and they're levels are pretty much as flat as the one I showed you, then I can release it now and work on 3d pathfinding later..

But really... the ground must be really flat... One step or a 2-pixel-tall hill, and the bot will freak out...

LarryLaffer,

To avoid duplication, I started a poll in Intense Ai: Get the Demo Now!; that is the thread to which you referred.

CBuilder

Total_Stupidity = (Ben_Roethlisberger + Motorcycle) - Helmet
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: LarryLaffer] #195506
09/30/05 04:06
09/30/05 04:06
T
testDummy Offline
Serious User
testDummy  Offline
Serious User
T

Of course I tested it. Slightly.
Code:

Pros:
A. small download size
B. runs somewhat smoothly even on a slow machine
C. significant difficulty level
D. Bot doesn't know where player is at immediately, but instead, tranverses the level with intent.
E. Bot varies its weapon use and collects items. Bot retreats for more pickups.
F. Bot strafes. Strafing is an effective dodging manuever for the player.
Cons:
A. not pertinent visual: Crosshair is too small and barely visible in the heat of battle.
B. not pertinent visual: dis-embodied muzzle-flash syndrome; A distracting feature?
C. urinating in corner hiccup; Bot stands in corner looking at wall while being shot in the back for approx. 6 seconds.
D. The difficulty level may be too severe and may produce frustration.
E. Bot doesn't gloat or taunt.
F. Bot strafes too often and thus appears unnatural. Strafing for the bot is more effective than strafing for the player. See A.

I wish I could earn a free copy or , at the very least, learn something new.
(I trade you one slightly used "whitehouse" level, complete with a George W. Bush, secret service men and Dick Chaney.)

Page 4 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 23 24

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de