by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, degenerate_762, ozgur), 1,311 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 4
Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24
Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. #195467
09/28/05 17:09
09/28/05 17:09
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy.

Hello everyone,

After a long long time, I managed to get another demo up for you. There you go..

Intense Ai - Blast From The Past - 4.5 MB

For the faint of the heart, I've also made a slower version. Same rules, but both you and the bot are walking slower. Mouse sensitivity is also dropped.. a tad. However, you can 'cheat' by going faster than the bot, when keeping SHIFT pressed.

Intense Ai - Slower Blast From The Past - 4.5 MB

It's you and one bot, powered with Intense Ai(duh), fighting it to the death. First to reach 20 Frags wins.

I'm also setting up a little contest for fun. If you get to win the match you'll be rewarded by a "secret password". The first one to post this password here will get a free copy of Intense Ai - Standard version, when it's out.

I think I made the bot pretty tough. The idea is, it's easier to make a hard Ai weaker, than visa versa. Other than that, the match is fair. Both the player and the bot have the same HitPoints, same speed and the bot never 'cheats' in any way. It's like playing multiplayer with another human player.

I think I'm gonna post a pic now...

Old timers may also recognise the level. I practicaly ripped every texture, sound, model and the music from the old game Doom II. This is the first map, Entryway, which I initially made myself, and then Bilbo_bogimps redid it cause mine was horrible . All the doom weapons are also there and they behave exacly like in the original. I had to go without the BGF though, cause that thing needed one full day to be coded and I really didn't had the time.. So, sorry BFG fans, maybe in another version .

Ok guys, N'joy. Let me know what you think.
Aris
Last edited by LarryLaffer; 09/29/05 08:16.

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
233 Comments
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: testDummy] #195507
09/30/05 10:09
09/30/05 10:09
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Hey testDummy, I guess you don't have that nickname for nothing, you pulled a nice test there..

Con C: I won't lie to you, I saw this happened on my machine too. Because(I'm guessing) you and me both have slow machines, the bot tried to pathfind somewhere far, so to keep the pc from lagging he splitted the pathfinding load between frames, thus taking him a while before he decided to move. This will be fixed with the new 3d Pathfinding

Con E: Funny you mention that, I have some really cool taunt animations on that model and I wanted to make a taunting goal, but I didn't had time. I won't reveal to much though, maybe I'll do it and put it in another demo along with 3d pathfinding and the release version.

Con F: No it doesn't.. It's a very effective and legit method for dodging.. It may appear unnatural to an old WW2 game(so I'll have different attack tactics available in the release version) but for an Arena game I think it's good. This tactic is called Circle Of Death.. I'm not making the name up my a$$, it really exists:)

Th rest cons I don't care, lol.. crosshairs and stuff like that, you can change through WED or whatever.. I'm making the Ai here.. and I explained about the difficulty before...

Quote:

I wish I could earn a free copy or , at the very least, learn something new.
(I trade you one slightly used "whitehouse" level, complete with a George W. Bush, secret service men and Dick Chaney.)

oh I don't know.. The free copy was meant to go to the person who beats the level and it already went to juppp. But I'll let you know if I get to need that WhiteHouse level later.. it sounds fun... If I do, I'll trade you a copy for it..

cheers,
Aris

PS: Lost, optical mouses have tails as well. You're talking about a wireless mouse. Sometimes optic mouses do that, but I doubt they'd do it every single time you open my demo

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: LarryLaffer] #195508
10/02/05 13:23
10/02/05 13:23
Germany
Error014 Offline
Expert
Error014  Offline
Expert

Germany
Lost, do you use a joystick or gamepad? If so, try unplugging it.

I remember that I had a similar problem in ancient times and I solved it like that.

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!![OFF TOPIC] [Re: Error014] #195509
10/02/05 16:39
10/02/05 16:39
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Did someone attach a file to this thread title?
Everytime I hit the link I get a network password dialog box to a place called "shared.poizonsrealm.com"

I looked up the www.poizonsrealm.com and it is all German.

Anybody else getting this?

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!![OFF TOPIC] [Re: NITRO777] #195510
10/02/05 16:44
10/02/05 16:44
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
I got it too..

I didn't figure out it came from this page though, I open lots of pages at the same time...

I looked at the Source and it's Juppp's Image Link. We get to insert a UserName ans Password cause he's server is asking for permission or something..

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!![OFF TOPIC] [Re: LarryLaffer] #195511
10/02/05 21:06
10/02/05 21:06
Germany/Nürnberg
Juppp Offline
Developer
Juppp  Offline
Developer

Germany/Nürnberg
haha damn sorry, just protected the whole server last night.. i will fix it

EDIT: fixed

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!![OFF TOPIC] [Re: Juppp] #195512
10/25/05 12:12
10/25/05 12:12
Berlin
T
Tester Offline
Tester  Offline
T

Berlin
Hi Larry,
it's about one year ago that I was interested in your game AI.
I have downloaded all your demos and they are realy working good.
What do you think when you will release a version of your Intense AI ?

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!![OFF TOPIC] [Re: Tester] #195513
10/25/05 13:50
10/25/05 13:50
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Hi!

I'm hoping somewhere within this month. It might be closer than that but I try to put longer deadlines that will be easier for me to actually keep them.

Here's a rough plan of what I have scheduled until the release of the Standard version of Intense Ai:

New 3d Pathfinding. DONE
Collision avoidance. 1-2 days work
Basic Hearing-Seeing-Feeling Senses. 3-4 days work
Release of New Demo with player + 2 Ally Bots against several Enemies in a WW2 Scenario Game. (Something like Call of Duty. More Realistic Behavior and easier Bots than last demo. Expected to have at least 20-30 Enemies inside to prove that Intense Ai can handle a big number of Bots simutaneously with no fps drop.) Level half way there. And will take me less than a day to put everything together..
Tidy Up Code, Comments, etc.. 1-2 days work..
Type Documentation, Tutorials, Optimise WED Customisable Panels. 3-4 days work.
Beta Test, debugging. 1-2 days work..

So you see, I'm getting there... wish me luck, and keep checking in for more updates. We'll also have a Website in a few days featuring all Intense Illusions products and a nice forum where I'll also give support for Intense Ai.

Cheers all,
Aris

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!![OFF TOPIC] [Re: LarryLaffer] #195514
10/25/05 14:05
10/25/05 14:05
YeaWhatever Offline
YeaWhatever  Offline

Hi Larry,

I am sure that I speak for everyone here when I say that I cannot wait. A good, plugable AI has been needed for a long time. Let's face it, AI is the quite possibly the most challengine aspect of game writing, especially if it can handle all three dimensions. I am really looking forward to seeing your project in action.

Joe

Windows XP, SP2 Commercial Edition V6.31.4 Pentium 4 CPU 3.4Ghz (2 CPUs) 510MB RAM NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 64MB
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!![OFF TOPIC] [Re: YeaWhatever] #195515
10/27/05 13:09
10/27/05 13:09
from the 'Burgh to Denver
CBuilder2 Offline
Developer
CBuilder2  Offline
Developer

from the 'Burgh to Denver
Aris,

I am looking forward to it as well. I was happy to learn you made it configurable in WED like the A6 templates.
Stop reading postings in the forum; get back to work!

CBuilder

Last edited by CBuilder2; 10/27/05 13:10.

Total_Stupidity = (Ben_Roethlisberger + Motorcycle) - Helmet
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!![OFF TOPIC] [Re: CBuilder2] #195516
10/28/05 14:58
10/28/05 14:58
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Hey guys,

I just made a demo of the Pathfinding I did for Intense Ai to show to the good people at CIDER and I thought I'd post it here too.

Here's a screenie:

This is an implementation of the Points Of Visibility+Dijkstra technique and I'll be using it for the Standard and Extra Versions of Intense Ai.
Versions from Commercial and above will be using a more advanced NavMesh+A* technique which doesn't require Node Placement at level design and is much more robust in complex levels.

The NavMesh technique is what I was aiming to do for the Standard version since I'm not too fond of precompiled Nodes and all, but I figured out it would push the release date of the Standard version at least 2 months behind..

Anyhow, having said that, besides from having to place nodes manually, this is a really fast pathfinding implementation which will support lots and lots of Bots with no problem at all and will produce excellent paths. In addition, I've made sure to keep the phase of Placing Nodes as easy as possible. All you have to do is scatter around some node models in your level and you're good to go. No need to define connections, edges, skills or anything else which takes most of your time. All this is done automatically. I'm also working on the idea of a Node Editor. If I see that this is nesseccery I'll have to implement that too.

So here's the demo.

At startup, you'll get to see the full graph created.
Green things are the nodes.
Red lines are the Edges.
X marks the spot.

By left-clicking you get the agent to move there.
by Pressing F7 you get to toggle between top view and First Person View.

Have fun.

Aris

Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de