by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,310 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 4
Page 20 of 24 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. #195467
09/28/05 17:09
09/28/05 17:09
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy.

Hello everyone,

After a long long time, I managed to get another demo up for you. There you go..

Intense Ai - Blast From The Past - 4.5 MB

For the faint of the heart, I've also made a slower version. Same rules, but both you and the bot are walking slower. Mouse sensitivity is also dropped.. a tad. However, you can 'cheat' by going faster than the bot, when keeping SHIFT pressed.

Intense Ai - Slower Blast From The Past - 4.5 MB

It's you and one bot, powered with Intense Ai(duh), fighting it to the death. First to reach 20 Frags wins.

I'm also setting up a little contest for fun. If you get to win the match you'll be rewarded by a "secret password". The first one to post this password here will get a free copy of Intense Ai - Standard version, when it's out.

I think I made the bot pretty tough. The idea is, it's easier to make a hard Ai weaker, than visa versa. Other than that, the match is fair. Both the player and the bot have the same HitPoints, same speed and the bot never 'cheats' in any way. It's like playing multiplayer with another human player.

I think I'm gonna post a pic now...

Old timers may also recognise the level. I practicaly ripped every texture, sound, model and the music from the old game Doom II. This is the first map, Entryway, which I initially made myself, and then Bilbo_bogimps redid it cause mine was horrible . All the doom weapons are also there and they behave exacly like in the original. I had to go without the BGF though, cause that thing needed one full day to be coded and I really didn't had the time.. So, sorry BFG fans, maybe in another version .

Ok guys, N'joy. Let me know what you think.
Aris
Last edited by LarryLaffer; 09/29/05 08:16.

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
233 Comments
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: Honigmonster] #195657
02/28/06 13:54
02/28/06 13:54
Wisconsin USA
FoxHound Offline
Expert
FoxHound  Offline
Expert

Wisconsin USA
He works on it when the beer lets him, the other time he mubbles about "the brain lepper colony". He really does confuse me.

---------------------
There is no signature here.

QUIT LOOKING FOR ONE!
Re: Intense Ai: Demo coming soon [Re: FoxHound] #195658
02/28/06 22:12
02/28/06 22:12
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Hey guys,

thanks for voting.. I found two of the results quite suprising, the amount of people that need Intense Ai for a new project, and how many people don't have a clue what the WED customizable panels are.. Both results will help me on the documentation and all.. please keep voting..

Quote:

Will there be an option for an amount of thinking the bots must do?

It's all in the Personality panel that I posted a screenshot of it before.. If you only need bots that will follow a path and attack any enemy on sight, all you do is enable these two goals and set all rest Goals to 0. You can even set a value for every enabled Goal to determine how likely it is to attempt each of them. If I set a value on the Follow Path goal to 100 and to the Combat Tactic I give 20, I create a coward character who will only engage combat if it's absolutley nesseccery.. However, a Follow Path 30 and Combat Tactic 100 will create a berserk guy who will attack anyone on sight, even if he's packing a bereta and the enemy is packing a bazooka(for example..). Setting all Goals to 100(which is the default) gives balanced results between Goal selection, that I spent thousands of hours testing them here..

So by disabling Goals this way, you relief some proccessing power by prevent the bots thinking about them, if that's what you asked me for..

Honigmonster, there's one at the first page of this thread.. but it's old..

Aris

Re: Intense Ai: Demo coming soon [Re: LarryLaffer] #195659
03/01/06 08:22
03/01/06 08:22
Wisconsin USA
FoxHound Offline
Expert
FoxHound  Offline
Expert

Wisconsin USA
Very nice. Now who do I need to chainsaw in order to get this ready sooner? Or better yet who should I not chainsaw in order to get this ready sooner. I'm awfully board right now and some good old fashion fun would help a lot.

---------------------
There is no signature here.

QUIT LOOKING FOR ONE!
Re: Intense Ai: Demo coming soon [Re: FoxHound] #195660
03/01/06 15:30
03/01/06 15:30
T
Trev101524 Offline
Trev101524  Offline
T

The custumizable AI sounds a lot like the CounterStrike: Source Bot AI. I was completely impressed by that AI, I spent several hours when i first got the game playing the computer, and didnt even know it!!! This sounds like a good project, and worth waiting for. I will be checking back more often now, in hopes of information on how to purchase a finished version!

Re: Intense Ai: Demo coming soon [Re: Trev101524] #195661
03/01/06 19:10
03/01/06 19:10
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Quote:

Very nice. Now who do I need to chainsaw in order to get this ready sooner?

you can start with my professors who give me all kinds of assingments every week and keep me from releasing

Or even better, no blood mess on the carpet, you can do my assingments.. I've heard you're a teacher, eh?

Re: Intense Ai: Demo coming soon [Re: Trev101524] #195662
03/01/06 19:11
03/01/06 19:11
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
@LarryLaffer,
1.)I want to know if you can give a list of the 40 possible animations for the ai system as I am starting a character for FPS games and I would like it to fit with your upcoming system.

2.)Question: If I want to add a new behavior for a bot, such as for example "stop and smell the roses" or something, thats just an example. Would it be fairly easy for me to include this functionality to the ai's existing behaviors, or is that something we would need to hire out custom coding from you? Speaking from just an average coders perspective with no real knowledge of higher math or advanced ai functions.

3.)which leads to the third question Id like to confirm, is the ai code all c-script which we can change around or is it in c++?

4.)Would it be possible for an average scripter to set up a routine for a bot, like maybe time based: 1 pm - 5pm guard perimeter, 6pm -7pm go to mess hall, 7pm-10pm go to bed?

5.) I have dinosaurs and other creatures, is this system something I can adapt to them or is it all for bot to bot type quake ai?

--Thanks a lot. Im looking forward to this code, it looks like its gonna be great!

Re: Intense Ai: Demo coming soon [Re: NITRO777] #195663
03/01/06 19:53
03/01/06 19:53
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Quote:

1.)I want to know if you can give a list of the 40 possible animations for the ai system as I am starting a character for FPS games and I would like it to fit with your upcoming system.

Animation List

Quote:

2.)Question: If I want to add a new behavior for a bot, such as for example "stop and smell the roses" or something, thats just an example. Would it be fairly easy for me to include this functionality to the ai's existing behaviors, or is that something we would need to hire out custom coding from you? Speaking from just an average coders perspective with no real knowledge of higher math or advanced ai functions.

Since you would need to create the 'Smell Roses' Goal yourself, it means that you'll need to get your hands dirty on SED a bit. Think of Intense Ai having 3 layers of programming, kinda like GameStudio has.

Beginner: Use pre-existing Goals to create complex personalities, design weapons, add paths, animations and lots more without writting a single line of code.

Intermediate: Create new Goals for your system that will fit your needs. You'll use pre-existing actions which means all the hard stuff like Pathfinding, movement, collision, etc have already be done for you. Just design and add your Goal to the current selection.

Advanced: Change the way Intense Ai works from within. Modify the pathfinding, the Goal Oriented Action Planning and every other vital system that Intense Ai uses and get the power over everything.

There will be detailed instructions in the manual for all three layers. It's not as hard as it sounds to create a new Goal. It may include scripting, but it's handled in a very orginised fashion, and with my step-by-step tutorials on making a few Goals on your own, it's going to be a peace of cake to get started on yours.

Quote:

3.)which leads to the third question Id like to confirm, is the ai code all c-script which we can change around or is it in c++?

all c-script

Quote:

4.)Would it be possible for an average scripter to set up a routine for a bot, like maybe time based: 1 pm - 5pm guard perimeter, 6pm -7pm go to mess hall, 7pm-10pm go to bed?

Yes. Make a personality in WED which favours the Guard Goal, a second personality which favous the Follow Path goal, and a third which favours a customized GoToBed Goal. Then, when it's 1pm - 5pm say my.Personality=1;, when it's 6pm - 7pm change it to my.Personality=2; and when it's 7pm to 10pm again make it my.Personality=3;

Quote:

5.) I have dinosaurs and other creatures, is this system something I can adapt to them or is it all for bot to bot type quake ai?

After I'm finished with Intense Ai I'm going to use it myself on a personal project which is a space turn-based strategy game(much like Master of Orion 2). So you see it can have many many uses. Even with the Goals that Intense Ai comes with, your dinosaurs will be able to follow paths, chill, attack-or not..- etc. You can customize their behavior through WED to better suit a dinosaur..

Cheers,
Aris

Re: Intense Ai: Demo coming soon [Re: LarryLaffer] #195664
03/01/06 20:03
03/01/06 20:03
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Thanks a lot,

Im really looking forward to this tool. I think this is going to take gamestudio to the next level.

Re: Intense Ai: Demo coming soon [Re: NITRO777] #195665
03/01/06 20:59
03/01/06 20:59
Portugal - Brazil
XNASorcerer Offline
Expert
XNASorcerer  Offline
Expert

Portugal - Brazil

Quote:

...After I'm finished with Intense Ai I'm going to use it myself on a personal project which is a space turn-based strategy game(much like Master of Orion 2). So you see it can have many many uses. Even with the Goals that Intense Ai comes with, your dinosaurs will be able to follow paths, chill, attack-or not..- etc. You can customize their behavior through WED to better suit a dinosaur..

Probably you will be able to make dinosaurs shoot you with a gun!

Re: Intense Ai: Demo coming soon [Re: XNASorcerer] #195666
03/03/06 21:48
03/03/06 21:48
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
It's getting close now...

Page 20 of 24 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de