by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 1,374 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 4
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Daemonica #196470
04/04/06 17:55
04/04/06 17:55
T
Templar Offline OP
Developer
Daemonica

Hi guys!

Initially, we wanted to make this announcement when our game was available in both english and german language (which should hopefully happen in a couple of days) and kind of surprise the A6 community. But now it seems that some of you damn good detectives ( namely Orange Brat and Wormhole ) beat us to it, so there's no use in remaining silent

Few days ago our game Daemonica hit the US shelves and if things go right, it will happen also in couple of days in Germany. Although the game is usually by its looks mistaken for an rpg believe me when I say that it's actualy an adventure

It has already been published in some other european countries as well - Czech Republic, Poland, Russia and Italy. The majority of the reviews there were really good (with the rating varying from 60% to 80%).

There are also some early reviews available in the US (some can be found at this link ) .

There is a demo available for the game that can be downloaded at our US publisher's website - Meridian4 (you have to be from the USA/Canada i believe) and at some other sites ( Softpedia etc. - those are not restricted in any way)

If you're interested, give it a try and if you like it, be so kind and rate it at any major gaming site (gamerankings.com, gamespot.com etc.) As much as we are pleased by the reviews, what we are really interested in is how the players like it.

( ... and if you like it a lot - buy the game and support us - you will have our eternal gratitude! )

And now for the most important part of this long, long post:

This would never be possible without the A6 engine. Thanks go to all the Conitec guys - JCL, Doug, Marco and others. Great job!!

The same goes for the wonderful A6 community. There are so many of you that made our work easier by your contributions to the community! It's impossible to name you all so just a few:

TripleX, Ventilator, Steempipe, Orange Brat, George, ello, Matt ... etc. etc.

Thanks guys, I owe you one!

A note for the GERMAN SPEAKING PLAYERS: a localized german version (with german voiceovers) should be coming out probably in couple of days. It is published by Frogster Interactive AG and the localization is (in my opinion) really great...
92 Comments
Re: Daemonica [Re: Templar] #196550
05/03/06 06:54
05/03/06 06:54
jamrud khatulistiwa
Kotakide Offline
Kotakide  Offline

jamrud khatulistiwa
look great from the screenshots,
the atmosphere is very good and the model is good too.
but I can't download the demo because is too big (~400megs).
can you make the little demo version?
because I wanna play it badly.

Re: Daemonica [Re: Kotakide] #196551
05/04/06 15:47
05/04/06 15:47
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Heheheh, just buy it, it's worth it, isn't too expensive either, so .. ,

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Daemonica [Re: PHeMoX] #196552
06/16/06 03:43
06/16/06 03:43
O
Orange Brat Offline

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline

Senior Expert
O

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Re: Daemonica [Re: Orange Brat] #196553
06/16/06 09:51
06/16/06 09:51
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Yeah, I also saw a review on gamespot. Actually the review was kinda bad, the game is better than what they want us to believe. Or at least that's my opinion off course ... They gave a 4,2 mark, but visiting users think it's more like a 7,2, which sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Daemonica [Re: PHeMoX] #196554
06/16/06 10:46
06/16/06 10:46
Z
ZZZgames Offline
ZZZgames  Offline
Z

Very nice work !
The problem for me is the long texts ...I am kinda man of action

Its a pleasure to play around with A6. zzzgames.ifrance.com : go try & buy Streetkicker
Re: Daemonica [Re: ZZZgames] #196555
06/16/06 11:29
06/16/06 11:29
O
Orange Brat Offline

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline

Senior Expert
O

Gamespot isn't exactly the most objective site for reviews. They have reviewed some of the great adventure games very high(in the mid 80s to mid 90s), but they are inconsistent. Some reviews are scathing for no other reason than the author is an adv. game hater and has no business reviewing a game in a genre they despise.

The overall average ranking of Daemonica is 73% according to the Game Rankings website. Reviews are all over the place from the absurdly low 4.2/10 at Gamespot to close to perfect from others. Most are around the 7 to 8(70-80%) mark. Interestingly, two of the biggest adv. game sites on the internet, Just Adventure and Adventure Gamers, are two of the lower scores(3.5/5 and C+). However Gameboomers and Quandary are higher(8/10 and 4/5):

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/926011.asp

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Re: Daemonica [Re: Orange Brat] #196556
07/08/06 11:35
07/08/06 11:35
A
Alberto Offline
Alberto  Offline
A

TripleX

The game is the first game made with 3DGS where I can not see that it is made with 3DGS with the first view

Just as a matter of curiosity
How can you normaly distinguish a 3DGS game at a first glance ?
What kind of details I mean ?

Thanks

Re: Daemonica [Re: Alberto] #196557
07/13/06 20:18
07/13/06 20:18
Deutschland
Iron Chancellor Offline
Senior Developer
Iron Chancellor  Offline
Senior Developer

Deutschland
Hello,

in the German magazine Gamestar (07/2006) the game got a rating of 47%. They critisized the long text passages and that you just have to click on every answer in the dialogues. However, they said that the story was very good.
Unfortunatly, I haven't tested it myself yet, but the screenshots look very nice and professional.

Re: Daemonica [Re: Iron Chancellor] #196558
07/13/06 21:14
07/13/06 21:14
T
Templar Offline OP
Developer
Templar  Offline OP
Developer
T

I don't know why, but the big sites (with some exceptions) and paper magazines do mark Daemonica low.

However as far as I can tell we got also some more positive reviews in Germany (most of them being webzines though):

4Players 78%
GBase 6/10
PC games 60%
X zine Extrem gut
CNet.de Average
GameCaptain.de 68%
WithinGames.net 3/5

In America, according to gamerankings.com, we have average 73% (with about 25 reviews).

There's still a _lot_ to learn but I guess it's quite a good start

Re: Daemonica [Re: Templar] #196559
07/13/06 22:44
07/13/06 22:44
O
Orange Brat Offline

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline

Senior Expert
O

Adventure games are "hot" in Germany right now. The genre still reigns supreme in Europe it seems with certain titles selling hundreds of thousands of units(Runaway, Syberia, etc). However, your game is doing remarkably well, overall, in the rankings when compared with most adventures. Some of the more well known, much larger budget titles get horridly low scores. For example, "The Moment of Silence" scored I believe a 25% or maybe a 15% in PC Gamer US. I recall X-Play on G4 tearing it a new one, too. I own the game, and it does have issues, but it does not warrant such a score. It's a C+, maybe B- title.

Gamespot seems to have a reputation for being an adventure game hating Mecca, however I once did a quick search of scores for some of the "big boys" and here's what I found:

Quote:

The Longest Journey - 9.3
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey - 8.1
Grim Fandango - 9.3
Curse of Monkey Island(part 3) - 9.0
Escape from Monkey Island(part 4) - 8.1
Syberia - 9.1
Syberia II - 7.8
Runaway: A Road Adventure - 7.5
Myst - 8.9
Riven - 7.8
Myst III - 8.7
Myst IV - 8.5
Myst V - 7.9
Myst Uru - 7.8
The Last Express - 7.9
Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy - 8.4
The Moment of Silence - 6.4
Daemonica - 4.8

It all comes down to who reviews the game. I can't recall the game, but there was one review on there that was so bad and had so many opinions stated against the genre that it was readily apparent that the author absolutely hated the genre as a whole regardless of title. They did everything short of coming out and saying "I hate adventure games and here is my review." Hell, I think they did, and I think I even posted about it here. I know Adventure Gamer's forum users had a field day with it.

Is Daemonica selling well? Are you satisfied and do your returns warrant a new game? If you are allowed to, you should submit your statistics to the guy who runs http://www.gameproducer.net/ It features a very cool Sales Statistics section, and he is always on the lookout for new entries. A postmortem would be something to think about, as well.

Anyway, it's trendy to throw some hate at the genre because of a bandwagon effect created by young, uneducated(in regards to their experience with the genre...gaming started with Half-Life for some of these clowns) reviewers. However, it's "cool" and "hip" to love on classics like Grim Fandango, Curse of Monkey Island, Syberia, The Last Express, and The Longest Journey. They certainly deserve to be loved, but some of that love is as phoney as TUSC on a good day.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de