by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, VoroneTZ), 1,258 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 4
Page 3 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 36 37
Intense Ai: Official Thread #196967
07/24/06 02:22
07/24/06 02:22
8 Images
Pittsburgh PA
RAFU Offline OP
Intense Ai: Official Thread

[image]http://www.intenseillusions.com/intesneailogo.jpg[/image]
Ok guys, The release of Intense AI and our official demo is only a week or two away. We wanted to start this thread off by showcasing our new Video tutorials that are now in production. Here is part 1 of our starter series. We will post more here in the days leading up to the release.
You can find the video here: (26 Megs DIVX)
Intense AI Starter Series Part 1

And here is just a quick snapshot from the tutorial.
[image]http://www.intenseillusions.com/tutex.jpg[/image]

Thanks, lots more to come and feedback is welcomed!
362 Comments
Re: Intense Ai: Tutorial 2 Released! [Re: FoxHound] #196987
08/17/06 00:02
08/17/06 00:02
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Hello everyone,

thanks for your comments!! keep them coming, it's what makes us going in these final stages.

Quote:

Ragdolls? Like REAL ragdolls? Or blocky polygon ragdolls

I haven't given it the least thought right now but i'll consider pretty much everything before starting on it. I'm mostly concerned of making the hit animations to represent the actual point that someone has been damaged at and maybe a death animation based on physics as well. So far i strive to keep Intense Ai working with all A6 Gstudio versions so i'm not sure if i'll be using newton physics or blocks instead of bones and Gstudio physics to accomplish my tasks. I'm sure i'll think of something when the time comes..

Quote:

A question: Would be very hard to implement this into other engines like torque, Bv, etc?

What foxhound said... But i will be using Intense Ai for my final year's dissertation project so i will most probably be converting Intense Ai to a dll and making it independant of the rendering engine so it can be used with torque, Irrlicht, Orge3d, etc just like newton physics works with multiple engines. But as for now, i just want to be concentrated on the Gstudio open source c-script version. I don't even want to think how long the dll version is going to take:/

Cheers All,
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: Intense Ai: Tutorial 2 Released! [Re: LarryLaffer] #196988
08/18/06 13:10
08/18/06 13:10
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
This wont work with 3d ai's right? Like aircraft/ hovercraft?

Still waiting! [Re: LarryLaffer] #196989
08/22/06 12:41
08/22/06 12:41
from the 'Burgh to Denver
CBuilder2 Offline
Developer
CBuilder2  Offline
Developer

from the 'Burgh to Denver
Quote:

thanks for your comments!! keep them coming, it's what makes us going in these final stages.

Exactly when will it be done?

Quote:

But as for now, i just want to be concentrated on the Gstudio open source c-script version. I don't even want to think how long the dll version is going to take:/

Once the algorithms are in place, the only tough part is your class design. So, you have a good chunk of the work completed already.

CBuilder

Last edited by CBuilder2; 08/22/06 12:41.

Total_Stupidity = (Ben_Roethlisberger + Motorcycle) - Helmet
Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: RAFU] #196990
08/24/06 15:44
08/24/06 15:44
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Quote:

Ok guys, The release of Intense AI and our official demo is only a week or two away.

Whats the point of even stating this when in reality you have no clue when your gonna release it.

This is embarrassing, I remember you guys saying this was going to be released last Christmas.

I guess my point is this; dont bother saying your going to do something if you cant do it.

I understand that things take time, but saying you can do something, then providing excuses and delays and other BS is just beyond stupidity.

Too be quite honest, I dont believe anything you and your group have to say anymore, every time you open your mouth with some release date its another dissappointment.

Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: NITRO777] #196991
08/24/06 16:56
08/24/06 16:56
Wisconsin USA
FoxHound Offline
Expert
FoxHound  Offline
Expert

Wisconsin USA
I have a feeling you have never made a full software product and "estimated" the time of release. I did the same thing with Tower, I thought January 31st, came out to May 31st. That's life.

I also know from chatting with Larry that most of the delays have come from adding in new stuff to intense A.i. Which means it's more of a product now then it would have been back in December.

---------------------
There is no signature here.

QUIT LOOKING FOR ONE!
Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: FoxHound] #196992
08/24/06 17:09
08/24/06 17:09
Austria
Blattsalat Offline
Senior Expert
Blattsalat  Offline
Senior Expert

Austria
larry is doing a fantastic job and i can agree that the main reasons for the big delay are the massive ammount of new features he added and the level of quality he works towards.

he would rather rewrite and otimize a code twice then handing over a half baked version.

i have had the luck to see some versions run on my pc and i can only say he did an amazing job.
I have seen the ai grow from an "indy try to create a good ai" to what it is now: an up to date, userfriendly, documented hell of a tool.

and maybe waiting for something might be a hard task for some here (including me ) but its not comparable to the ammount of work, pain and sleepless nights he has put into this.

i can understand larry 100%. he wants to make this as perfect as he can so he can soon share one of the best add ons for gs in years to the community.

furthermore he has accepted and included user feedback as much as he can. all the additional documentations, the menues and templated versions, the different versions from basic to pro (so everyone can buy it even if he just needs the smallest part of it)... everything had to be made by him.

its as simple as it is: it is worth waiting for it!

Models, Textures and Levels at:
http://www.blattsalat.com/
portfolio:
http://showcase.blattsalat.com/
Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: Blattsalat] #196993
08/24/06 17:34
08/24/06 17:34
O
Orange Brat Offline

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline

Senior Expert
O

We already know the freely available pathfinding part of it is virtually flawless, so I'm bettin the AI part will be too.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: Orange Brat] #196994
08/24/06 18:14
08/24/06 18:14
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
I dont know if you guys understand my point. I am not concerned about the quality of the software, it might be a good plug-in indeed, the point is they keep coming up with these statements about it being released soon, or in a few weeks, or at Christmas or whenever, and all of those statements have been consistently false. My whole point is this, stop telling us that its going to be released around a certain time period if you cannot release it at that time.

A good example is that RAFU said the software would be released in a week or two, here we are a month later, and once again the statement was false. I would rather they didnt say anything at all about releases rather than continue to blow hot air all around.

Its got nothing to do with not understanding what it is like to release software, I may have not produced anything as big as this or your tower game but I still know what it is like to do what I say IM gonna do. If I cant do something, I dont tell people that I can. This is bullshit.

Last edited by NITRO; 08/24/06 18:22.
Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: NITRO777] #196995
08/24/06 20:43
08/24/06 20:43
New England
Rad_Daddy Offline
Rad_Daddy  Offline

New England
Quote:

This is bullshit.

Calm down.

I believe, that in this world today, people are less patient than ever before. Everything has to do with immediate gradification. I agree that it is not fair to not keep a promise, but in the world of computers, simply put, things go wrong. It is impossible to forsee everything, especially if you dont do this sort of work for a living.

So, take a chill pill, and just wait and see what happens. It will not be the end of the world if Intense AI is never even released. There are far more important things to worry about.

Regards,
Raddaddy

"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider." Sir Francis Bacon www.deckscapedesign.com
Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: Rad_Daddy] #196996
08/24/06 23:30
08/24/06 23:30
mpdeveloper_B Offline
Expert
mpdeveloper_B  Offline
Expert

@Larry: I'm looking forward to the release of this, however one thing i do have to say is, from experience, don't estimate the release time, i thought the game i am working on would be done in a couple of months, boy was i wrong. i understand nitro, and his view on it, just remember larry, lying to potential costumers is unprofessional, i suggest making a release date of "when it's done". Don't take this personally, but advice instead.

@Nitro: i understand your point, but there is no need to get mad at larry and his team, they are merely trying there best in releasing this great ai.

Last edited by Manslayer101; 08/24/06 23:37.

- aka Manslayer101
Page 3 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 36 37

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de