by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (M_D), 1,430 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 4
Page 24 of 37 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 36 37
Intense Ai: Official Thread #196967
07/24/06 02:22
07/24/06 02:22
8 Images
Pittsburgh PA
RAFU Offline OP
Intense Ai: Official Thread

[image]http://www.intenseillusions.com/intesneailogo.jpg[/image]
Ok guys, The release of Intense AI and our official demo is only a week or two away. We wanted to start this thread off by showcasing our new Video tutorials that are now in production. Here is part 1 of our starter series. We will post more here in the days leading up to the release.
You can find the video here: (26 Megs DIVX)
Intense AI Starter Series Part 1

And here is just a quick snapshot from the tutorial.
[image]http://www.intenseillusions.com/tutex.jpg[/image]

Thanks, lots more to come and feedback is welcomed!
362 Comments
Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: Timberwolf] #203901
04/24/08 21:28
04/24/08 21:28
Blade280891 Offline
Serious User
Blade280891  Offline
Serious User

I thought intense x was coming out this month, any news?

My Avatar Randomness V2

"Someone get me to the doctor, and someone call the nurse
And someone buy me roses, and someone burned the church"
Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: Timberwolf] #204044
04/25/08 21:37
04/25/08 21:37
i_program_games Offline
i_program_games  Offline

The only thing Intense is waiting for it to come out...

;\)

Chaos is a paradox consistently inconsistent.
Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: i_program_games] #204047
04/25/08 22:04
04/25/08 22:04
Blade280891 Offline
Serious User
Blade280891  Offline
Serious User

lol, yeah, we need this to do our game.
Can we expect it soon?

My Avatar Randomness V2

"Someone get me to the doctor, and someone call the nurse
And someone buy me roses, and someone burned the church"
Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: LarryLaffer] #204058
04/26/08 01:05
04/26/08 01:05
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
 Originally Posted By: LarryLaffer
PS: How come we're not allowed to post images in Gallery replies any more? How is that any good? I kinda hate it..

Yeah, I'd kinda wonder the same thing... a gallery without images isn't quite what I would expect for a forum part that's called 'gallery'.

@jcl: Please fix this, pretty please. \:o

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: Blade280891] #204491
04/29/08 15:47
04/29/08 15:47
Pittsburgh PA
RAFU Offline OP
RAFU  Offline OP

Pittsburgh PA
 Originally Posted By: Blade28081991
lol, yeah, we need this to do our game.
Can we expect it soon?

Our website will open as well as begin taking pre-orders, May 1st

Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: RAFU] #204508
04/29/08 17:09
04/29/08 17:09
Chicago, IL
Marcus729 Offline
Marcus729  Offline

Chicago, IL
Rafu,

I've been in the software business for over 30 years, so I offer this in a sincere effort to help.

I think everyone is understanding that things come up. But when dates are just thrown out without any supporting info it makes it hard to understand what is happening.

I think it would be much better to state something like we are targeting May 1 and these are the things we have to do.

That way people can gauge how realistic the date is.

I would certainly expect a date that is just two days away should be highly confident that you will indeed make that date.

I certainly hope so as I for one am extremely excited to get this new version.

Thanks for at least responding and giving us some information.

Marcus \:\)

Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: Marcus729] #204558
04/29/08 21:53
04/29/08 21:53
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Hello all,

Quote:
Looks awesome LL, but my question is, for those of us that do not wish to covert to lite-c, can we still use intensex?

Your answer lies somewhere in the previous page. Intense X is written in Lite-C so it's very much recommended that your projects are in Lite-C as well. Hybrid projects (C-script & Lite-C) are 'supported' from A7 but I don't know for how long (jcl said it should be used as a transition stage only).

Quote:
One Question from me for Weapons.
Can i make Handgranates with IntAi?
Can NPC have animation for 1-Hand (Pistol) and 2-Hand (Assault Gun)?

That's two questions :P
You can make handgrenades, but with no real physics yet. The grenades just follow an arc. I'm planning on adding real physics to IntenseX very soon, now that it's free for all A7 editions.

Your second question is actually the reason for our release date delay :(. Currently, any Pc or Npc model can carry and attack either Unarmed or using a Melee weapon or using a Ranged weapon. Now I want to allow more variation so that an Npc can operate for example both a Ranged single handed weapon and a Ranged two handed weapon(e.g. A pistol and a Rocket Launcher). I'm trying to make this as flexible as I can, but with vertex animations you end up with zillion of anim. combinations (e.g. StrafeLeftWhileAttackingWithSingleHandedRangedWeapon) and big MDL files. I would very much like to use bone animation instead so all you'd have to do is add bones to your models and the default IntenseX animations would play(unless you want to change them), but jcl should really allow multiple bones per vertex for all editions, as single bone per vertex is a joke and pretty much useless for humanoid models.

Quote:
I've been in the software business for over 30 years, so I offer this in a sincere effort to help.

I think everyone is understanding that things come up. But when dates are just thrown out without any supporting info it makes it hard to understand what is happening.

I think it would be much better to state something like we are targeting May 1 and these are the things we have to do.

That way people can gauge how realistic the date is.

I would certainly expect a date that is just two days away should be highly confident that you will indeed make that date.

I certainly hope so as I for one am extremely excited to get this new version.

Thanks for at least responding and giving us some information.

Marcus \:\)

Intense X will not be available from May 1st. We were really, really hoping to release it this April but, even though we are close, it looks like it's not going to happen, so instead we wanted to give you a little peak. The website that Rafu mentioned includes a video tutorial in flash which will show how we build a multileveled shooter game from the beginning to end, and will run for approximately one hour. Another tutorial will follow soon, showing how to implement IntenseX to your existing project, and how programmers can alter the source code to add their own functionality to their games. There will also be a link to our website to download the demo we created from the tutorial as well as an option to pre-order Intense X from now to make sure you'll be getting it the second it comes out. All in all, we just want to show everyone that Intense X is not vaponware and you'll see from the video that it's 99% completed. We'll be doing our best to make the release as soon as possible after the website opens.

Thanks everyone for your support, and keep your questions coming...
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: Marcus729] #204622
04/30/08 10:04
04/30/08 10:04
Germany, BaW�
Rondidon Offline
Expert
Rondidon  Offline
Expert

Germany, BaW�
Better later than buggy... :-)

Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: Rondidon] #204911
05/02/08 12:07
05/02/08 12:07
Pittsburgh PA
RAFU Offline OP
RAFU  Offline OP

Pittsburgh PA
The Official Intense X website is now online at http://www.Intense-I.com .Intense X is now officially available for Pre-Release Purchase and will be available when the Current Beta Version of Game Studio is made Public. Visit the website and you will learn everything this is to know about INTENSE X . It won’t take long for you to discover there is nothing else like this revolutionary Product. Feel Free to view the video tutorials which will be added too over the next few days to discover just how easy the Intense X work flow is. As a note for those who plan on Purchasing a copy; To be excempt from the VAT tax that share-it seems to be charging to everyone located inside the European Union, choose Paypal as your payment method and when asked to enter your Address, choose a non-European country (Zimbabwe seems to work great..)

Also available is the Official Intense X demo game, STANDOFF, created in less than a day by a non programmer using Intense X! This short demo demonstrates just what can be achieved from someone with no programming experience what-so-ever!

Thanks and we at Intense Illusions look forward to your feedback and business.
Brad Grimm

Re: Intense Ai: Official Thread [Re: RAFU] #204949
05/02/08 16:11
05/02/08 16:11
i_program_games Offline
i_program_games  Offline

OMG finally, something to sink my teeth into. This is all I wanted: some information to keep my mouth watering. I'd rather have a lesser version then have to wait for all versions to be complete. This way I can begin work. Even though you guys won't release it until the new version GStudio goes beta I'm still satisfied \:D

P.S. Yes, I did pre-purchase.

Page 24 of 37 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 36 37

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de