by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (alibaba, vicknick), 1,379 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Avenger: Anger Management-Demo #199146
11/04/07 19:31
11/04/07 19:31
USA East Coast
K
KojaK Offline OP
Avenger: Anger Management-Demo

I understand that I have posted this before, but I am ready to sell the game. Tomorrow, monday November 5th, the game will be released(unless a major issue arises).

If you have not seen the other thread, this is a game where you manage anger.

You have high-powered weapons and plenty of ammo. Plus, you have plenty of enemies. Most games try to anger you, but now, you fight your anger!

The New Trailer

Info & demo download

Lead programmer for Two Screws Loose Click here for our forums, and downloads for our games
28 Comments
Re: Avenger: Anger Management-Demo [Re: broozar] #199166
11/10/07 17:01
11/10/07 17:01
EpsiloN Offline
User
EpsiloN  Offline
User

Quote:

# If you truly feel that your game looks great and is professional, post it in Showcase 2.

"Looks great"...not beautiful,great...
Take a look at this :

Doesnt look beautiful...looks great why? Because it is well designed , its not ment to look beautiful , but more mechanical , and is all about game-play , not fancy graphics. And it looks great
I know the rules , and they dont state that your game should look like Half-Life 2 with better graphics , that you should have 1 000 000 copies sold (to prove the professional part) and that you should keep quiet when someone says that you cannot make games and should design something that monkeys will love to play.
They say that you should finish your project before you show it , and Imo his project is finished when he takes everything from the design document in to the engine. Would you say that Diablo I is for Showcase I because it doesnt look beautiful ?
Think about it...

Re: Avenger: Anger Management-Demo [Re: EpsiloN] #199167
11/10/07 17:37
11/10/07 17:37
Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
Paul_L_Ming Offline
User
Paul_L_Ming  Offline
User

Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
Hiya.

Attempted to watch video...I can' only see black, with some white lights, and some 'zombies' when they get close to the shooting gun. From what I did see...uh...hmmm.... It needs some polish...

**Lighting: Need more of it. "All Dark" isn't very mood enhancing. Lighting should illicit an emotional response or some sort of 'expected outcome'. Blue light is 'cold', 'distant', 'alone'. Red is 'hot', 'angry', 'exciting', 'frenetic'. Yellow is 'warm', 'comforting', 'intellectual'. Green is 'relaxing', 'rejuvenating', 'nature-oriented'. Think of what other colors tend to make you feel and think. Now apply them to your level to help define an atmosphere for what you want the player to feel.

**Level Design: From what I could see, it looked pretty simple. Very square and '90-degrees' looking. You need some angles. Levels with 90-degree angles all over do nothing to draw the attention of the player and don't engage the players 'mental 3D eye' (picturing the area as if he was 'there'). Some arches, slopes and non-90-degree walls/corridors would go a long way to a more engaging area. Don't forget about one of the best things about 3D games...3D! Overlapping ledges, passages that go 'under' rooms, catwalks, etc.

**Models: Again, the zombies looked pretty, well, lame. They most definitely need to be one of the main things you should focus on if not for any reason other than they are what the player is going to be primarily looking at and focused on. One thing to help that is variety. Maybe have 3 or 4 different models, each with two different skins (a zombie that is missing an arm, one that drags his foot, another that maybe has to pull himself along on the floor with his arms as his guts trail behind him, etc.). For a game about killing zombies, zombies should be one of the most developed thing in your game.

**Music: Not sure about the music in the video. Is that the same in the demo? If so, perhaps give the player an option to switch to a more 'haunting' type musical score...or no music at all. For me, personally, when I hear 'evy Metal type music in a video game it screams "Hey! I'm an angst ridden teen! Don't you think I'm cool because I'm all N' ur F@CE! and stuff!?!" *groan* Good music enhances the mood, but the player doesn't really 'listen' to the music; the should hear it, but it shouldn't distract them.

**Sound: I couldn't get your demo to even install (straight to "Error. Send to Microsoft?" when I click "install"; I'm running WindowsXP Pro 64-Bit, btw, if that helps). But, from the other mistakes you made, I'm going to assume that they are either non-existent or quick, simple, and repetitive. Like music, sound should be heard, and not noticed. Don't forget ambient sound! The hummmm of flourecent lights, the squish of feet on dead zombie parts/bodies, the slosh of water along a roadway ditch, etc.

Ok, now the harsh stuff. This game isn't worth selling right now. It needs some serious work, but you did manage to actually finish a BETA. I say BETA because it's obvious it's more or less complete, it just needs some fix'in up. Well, it also needs to actually have a demo that will install and run. Some more tests on various computer set ups might be a good idea (friends, relatives, etc.).

Anyway, good luck on the revision! Have fun!

^_^

"We've got a blind date with destiny...and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."

-- The Shoveler

A7 Commercial (on Windows 7, 64-bit)
Re: Avenger: Anger Management-Demo [Re: Paul_L_Ming] #199168
11/11/07 16:54
11/11/07 16:54
USA East Coast
K
KojaK Offline OP
KojaK  Offline OP
K

USA East Coast
That wasn't harsh at all. That was very constructive, and I thank you for that.

As of now, the game is "finished", aside from what you just posted. I will update the game with more stuff once I get the cash for it.

As for sound and music, they are good. The sounds fit the game, and the music shifts from slow to fast when zombies appear.

Last edited by KojaK; 11/11/07 19:59.

Lead programmer for Two Screws Loose Click here for our forums, and downloads for our games
Re: Avenger: Anger Management-Demo [Re: KojaK] #199169
11/18/07 16:21
11/18/07 16:21
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

This game for me is not about selling it. It's more about letting people know that Two Screws Loose is here, and making games.

Right.. which is exactly why the first game you 'officially' release should have a very decent amount of quality. You don't want people to not even try your next game because they know your previous game wasn't good.

Quote:

Also, I understand that you all expect a certain amount of quality, but this game is not a million-dollar-budget game! I will take the profits from this game, and finance a better, online game.

The lack of a million-dollar-budget is no excuse at all, sorry. It's not about what resources you had to make this game. Just look at multi-million projects that failed miserably... people didn't buy those games anyways because they had a huge budget..

Good luck with sales, but I'm afraid you won't get very much profit out of this,

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Avenger: Anger Management-Demo [Re: achaziel] #199170
01/26/08 06:59
01/26/08 06:59
regensburg
alleen Offline
alleen  Offline

regensburg
it looks a bit like garbage, but also like intended garbage.. so it looks good
meee likes

edit:
unfortunately the demo doesn't work for me

Last edited by alleen; 01/26/08 07:05.
Re: Avenger: Anger Management-Demo [Re: alleen] #199171
01/26/08 13:31
01/26/08 13:31
Guangzhou China
bomber Offline
bomber  Offline

Guangzhou China
team up with a 3d artist, maybe he could make your stupid zombies look better

"I don't know what the facts are but somebody's certainly going to sit down with him and find out what he knows that they may not know, and make sure he knows what they know that he may not know."
————Donald Rumfeld
Re: Avenger: Anger Management-Demo [Re: bomber] #199172
01/26/08 17:15
01/26/08 17:15
newcastle nsw australia
chaotic_dragon Offline
chaotic_dragon  Offline

newcastle nsw australia
I have seen the post's in this topic and I agree with just about all of them, Conflict Games (my company) is currently working on an fps based zombie action/thriller and as I hope for it to be great and make a decent amount of profits I do not expect it to be the best game ever. I like your dedication Kojak It's nice to see but I would not consider this as a commercial product I would consider working further on this taking people's advice given to you in previous posts and later on re-showing this to grab the eye of the viewer. You do not have to go with what i say but i am just here to help.

On the other hand I have been in the situation you are at now and am willing to offer my assistance in my spare time to help you with your project(I cannot always be there to help as I have my own project to consider) also I do not charge anything for my help all I ask is for your thanks, I'm here to help anyone who needs it and i believe in respecting others and they will respect you back. So please PM me or contact me with the detials provided below.

Thankyou for your time.

looking for team members please send email to cdtjones69@hotmail.com or go to www.conflict-games.com

Regards
Chris Jones,
Conflict Games
Re: Avenger: Anger Management-Demo [Re: chaotic_dragon] #199173
02/02/08 13:51
02/02/08 13:51
United States
Doof_Guy Offline
Doof_Guy  Offline

United States
Hi, I am the modeler on Chaotic_Dragons team... If you need some modeling help, and I am not busy at the time, pm me

To see what 3d models i have made and animated, see the link to my bloghttp://championsdawn.blogspot.com
Re: Avenger: Anger Management-Demo [Re: Doof_Guy] #199174
02/02/08 20:53
02/02/08 20:53
Germany, BaWü
aztec Offline

Expert
aztec  Offline

Expert

Germany, BaWü
Phew! man thats pretty hard stuff.
happy that I didnt get any eye-cancer from that video
maybe you should just have given it out for free not seeling it.
I mean I suppose more people would buy my "minigames"(if I set up a price but I didnt) and would have more fun.
Well at least we know know that you are doing games

Visit:
schwenkschuster-design.de
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de