Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AbrahamR, 1 invisible), 858 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
my first load/encounter with the utility #200580
04/04/08 18:43
04/04/08 18:43
australia
unit Offline OP
unit  Offline OP

australia
holy crud.. obviously i'm doing something WRONG???

previously been using a 2D dev. tool called Game Maker, it was much simpler but 3D seems to be where it's at these days so gotta keep up.. anyway i digress, sorry..

downloaded what i thought to be the dev. tool, i got 2 proggies here.. WED and SED.. (is that the total pack?)

tried to run the demo program recommended by readme.. the earthball one.. invalid page fault.. i was able to view the 'pong' demo tho'

the diablo tutorial seemed hard to follow, i'll hafta start with something much simpler untill i learn this..

is there somebody around here that would be willing to help? i'll be downloading more demo's etc.. seems i have to move all content to a certain subfolder? (why this is not the case when i unzip it, i don't know) :P anyway i knew it wouldn't be all beer and skittles, will give this some more time..

where do i get this aamd<something> patch/file/thing?

i don't got no WED?? (world editer) how am i supposed to actually MAKE something??

Last edited by unit; 04/04/08 19:59.

the perfect marriage is the harmonious union of both polarities.. we must seek the perfect marriage first in ourself..
Re: my first load/encounter with the utility [Re: unit] #200612
04/04/08 20:52
04/04/08 20:52
Germany / Essen
Uhrwerk Offline
Expert
Uhrwerk  Offline
Expert

Germany / Essen
I don't know what you downloaded. The official download page can be found at http://www.conitec.net/english/gstudio/download.php. The demo contains the script editor SED, the world editor WED and the model editor MED.

What do you mean with aamd patch file thing?

If you got no WED your installation seems to be damaged.

Always learn from history, to be sure you make the same mistakes again...
Re: my first load/encounter with the utility [Re: Uhrwerk] #200617
04/04/08 21:39
04/04/08 21:39
İstanbul, Turkey
Quad Offline
Senior Expert
Quad  Offline
Senior Expert

İstanbul, Turkey
i think you have the lite-c free version, download the the level editor for lite-c free that won the contest.

http://www.coniserver.net/coni_users/web_users/pirvu/au/demo/zips/vled.zip

Re: my first load/encounter with the utility [Re: Quad] #200642
04/05/08 00:11
04/05/08 00:11
australia
unit Offline OP
unit  Offline OP

australia
i got SED and MED but no WED.. i downloaded from this 'site.. thnx for ur help \:\)

thank the gods you showed up.. i think i was passed that link in my other post but was too nub to realise.. was going to uninstall the darn thing today too!

now all i gotta do is wrap my head around the coding and i'm half way there \:\)

thnx again!!!

Quote:
What do you mean with aamd patch file thing?

saw it in a text file encountered while first bashing my head on the brick wall.. can't seem to track it down now.. (isn't that always the way) not sure exactly WHAT it is - it just said i may need this file (some kind of microsux update) in order for the dev. tool to function \:\/

Last edited by unit; 04/05/08 00:25. Reason: dog ate homework

the perfect marriage is the harmonious union of both polarities.. we must seek the perfect marriage first in ourself..

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de